Family Health Expert Forum
Should I go back to the Dr?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Should I go back to the Dr?

I am 24. F average weight. healthy. nonsmoker. not a big drinker. No depression problems. About a month ago I was diag. w/ mono. The symtoms (symptoms) I had were extreme fatigue, decreased appetite, swollen glands. My temp. usually runs low in the 96.5-96.9 and it was up in the 98deg.
I went to the dr. he did a blood test to confirm the results. I have mono. I cont. working 8.5hrs a day. I normally workout a lot! 8-10hrs a week. I did not workout the first two weeks(okay I think I did one day each week), but I started running on the elliptical trainer about 4 hrs a week. My fatigue decreased. My glands appeared to be shrinking, but then it turned around. My glands got bigger again. I'm tired and fatigued, but I have been having trouble sleeping at night. The main thing is my spleen. It hurts. I have sharp pains. Not extreme pain, but a sharp stabbing like pain that comes and goes all throughout the day. Sometimes it hurts when I breath. I have been under a lot of stress with personal matters (which just started this week, so the symptoms started to appear prior to the added stress.) I feel as though I have gotten a,which could be the reason for the glands enlarging again, and possibly the tirdness/sleeplessness. My throat had become extremely sore. I have also had some chest pain. not my heart, but my lungs. mainly my right. My appetite decreased again, as well. I do not know if I am relapsing or if I just happen to be getting a cold that is going around, is it worth going to the Dr to find out. I wouldn't go if it weren't for the spleen pain.