Soft tissue mass
I have discovered a ?mass ?knot? bump?  on my left leg on the outside about 6 inches above my ankle bone. It does not hurt but it is clearly visible and I can clearly feel it.  What might this be?
Most common soft tissue mass would be a fatty tissue deposit - or lipoma.  Typically they are benign and non-cancerous.  Treatment is usually not necessary unless it is fast growing or it starts to bother you.

However, to ensure it isn't anything else (i.e. a more dangerous soft-tissue mass, otherwise known as a sarcoma), you may want to have it looked at by a surgeon for further evaluation.  

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Medical Weblog:
kevinmd_b
A related discussion, soft tissue mass in ampulla was started.