Family Health Expert Forum
Stiff neck and dizziness

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

Stiff neck and dizziness

A few days ago I was playing sports and must have overdid it a bit as now I have a stiff and sore neck, shoulders, and back. I have also noticed that I'm having slight dizziness as well along with it. It's not constant, but seems to happen if I move my head or if I'm seated in certain positions. Is it possible that this could be caused by my stiff neck and shoulders? If so, what can be done to get rid of it.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
HIII Friend,
It's surely due to the over -activity that happened due to the sports. You would require rest and some pain killers in order to have relief. Also a cervical collar would help you, if the symptoms are not getting relieved via rest / medicines.
The dizziness is also due to this issue only.
Please go as per the advice and you would appreciate the changes.

Regards.