Family Health Expert Forum
Vaccination in refrigerator

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

Vaccination in refrigerator

I am 24 yr old, I did not have Hepatitis vaccination before and I am hep. negative. Should I get vaccinated ?
I am not health worker, not sex worker.

Any how my doctor prescribed vaccination to ease me and I got it from pharmacy. (Don't know why he told me to get from pharmacy.. I thought it should be in doctor's place )

The dose is loaded in syringe. I kept in my household refrigerator until my next visit (week). Is it safe ?? I am afraid of keeping vaccinations along with food. Does vaccination reproduce virus ?

When cosulted with pharmacist, he showed me the vaccine that it is closed and safe. But since he touched the vaccine syringe without gloves..is it still useful ??
Will I be in danger, if I decided to use it for vaccination.

Please help!! I am getting a feeling that vaccination will get contaminated...
In general, the vaccine is enclosed and should be safe to handle.  

The hepatitis vaccine does not contain live virus, and should be safe as long as the container or syringe hasn't been broken.

This question can be discussed with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patients education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
www.kevinmd.com
I packed it very safely and it is not broken.

I suspected any possible infection transmission while handling vaccination (like touching syringe etc..). Are there any precautions for handling vaccination syringes ?