Family Health Expert Forum
Vaginal Fluttering

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

Vaginal Fluttering

This is a very strange thing that started about 3 weeks ago.  I don't know what to do and it is quite embarrassing to even talk about it.  All day long I get these "flutters" in my vaginal area that lasts about 6 seconds each time.  I can deal with it during the day, but it is causing me not to sleep at night.  I have gained about 30 pounds in the past two years.  Could this contribute to it?  I have a heart condition and want to lose weignt but none of the wait loss companies will take me because of my condition.
Could these flutters be caused by something else?  I am becoming claustrophobic because I cannot stand this feeling that is inside and I cannot control it.
Please advise me what I should do.  I have not slept and three nights because of this.  I really need help.  Thank you.
I am not aware of a specific disease that can lead to the symptoms you describe.  Perhaps palpitations can lead to the feeling fluttering in the vaginal area.

Heart tests can be considered to evaluate this - including an event or Holter monitor and echocardiogram.  

A referral to a gynecologist can be considered for a pelvic exam, as well as discussing the symptoms with your personal physician.  

Imaging the pelvic area (i.e. with a CT scan or transvaginal ultrasound) can also be considered.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
A related discussion, vaginal fluttering was started.
A related discussion, fluttering in the vaginal area was started.