Vaginal Fluttering
This is a very strange thing that started about 3 weeks ago.  I don't know what to do and it is quite embarrassing to even talk about it.  All day long I get these "flutters" in my vaginal area that lasts about 6 seconds each time.  I can deal with it during the day, but it is causing me not to sleep at night.  I have gained about 30 pounds in the past two years.  Could this contribute to it?  I have a heart condition and want to lose weignt but none of the wait loss companies will take me because of my condition.
Could these flutters be caused by something else?  I am becoming claustrophobic because I cannot stand this feeling that is inside and I cannot control it.
Please advise me what I should do.  I have not slept and three nights because of this.  I really need help.  Thank you.
I am not aware of a specific disease that can lead to the symptoms you describe.  Perhaps palpitations can lead to the feeling fluttering in the vaginal area.

Heart tests can be considered to evaluate this - including an event or Holter monitor and echocardiogram.  

A referral to a gynecologist can be considered for a pelvic exam, as well as discussing the symptoms with your personal physician.  

Imaging the pelvic area (i.e. with a CT scan or transvaginal ultrasound) can also be considered.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
A related discussion, vaginal fluttering was started.
A related discussion, fluttering in the vaginal area was started.