Family Health Expert Forum
Vaginal itching, burning, and swelling

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

Vaginal itching, burning, and swelling

I'm a 45 year old woman who has had a hysterctomy 10 years ago.  A couple days ago I started mild itching just inside vaginal opening.  I used a vaginal itching cream.  I woke up last night with severe burning, itching, and swelling of the labia.  I'm in a lot of pain.  What do you suggust?
Tags: vaginal, Infection, years, yeast, redness, Yeast Infections, s, Health, family, Medicine, Vaginal itching, Family Medicine, Women, Womens Health
Thank you for your question and for visiting www.NetLiveMD.com - Your online health advocate.
There are a couple of possibilities here. One is that you may have a yeast infection. While yeast infections commonly are associated with a thick white discharge, in many cases, the infection is characterized by redness of the skin alone.

Here is some information taken from the website www.FamilyDoctor.org which further explains this condition.

Vaginal yeast infections are caused by a fungus know as Candida albicans. Yeast infections can be very uncomfortable, but are usually not serious. Symptoms include the following:

I'm 31 years old and have suffered from thrush during each of my pregnancies.Now after 5 yrs it has reappeared with a vengeance.at first it responded to diflucan but quickly reoccurs.
Now it doesn't seem to respond to that at all.I've tried canesten and various other ovules and creams and there is still no change.i had a blood test back in jan so there is no diabetes.
I'm at my wits end and can't begin to tell you how distressed i am about this condition.Are there any other oral medications i can take?
I am a 16 year old girl and lately I have had a burning sensation around the inside of my vagina lips.  This is very painful and I have tried everything from creams to a warm bath with baking soda.  I have gone to Doctors and they have not givin much help.  Please tell me what else I can do.
I'm 33yr old. Since a month I'm experiencing itchiness in the lips around my vagina. However there is no burning sensation. Are there any creams or lotions that help to prevent this and can I get them over the counter.
I am 25 yrs , i am not married,i have suffered from vaginal itching,without burning,since 8 years nearly, i can not know the reason,it is only happened in night, during  the menstrual period, there is no itching.And this itching continue till now.
it bothers me so much,and i do not think it is because of vaginitis.Note: some say that this maybe because i am not married , but this is not true, because i do not feel any desire for marriage or for sexual life.
A related discussion, vaginal itch was started.
A related discussion, Thank you so much was started.
A related discussion, vaginalswelling was started.
A related discussion, BURNING ITCHING DISCHARGE WITH ODOR was started.
A related discussion, help me was started.
A related discussion, feminine itching was started.
A related discussion, Relief for Atropic Vanigites was started.
A related discussion, vaginal ithch was started.
A related discussion, Itching and burning was started.
A related discussion, Burn and Itch was started.
A related discussion, Burning in vagina was started.
A related discussion, burning itching and pain in the lips of the vagina was started.
A related discussion, vagina burns was started.
i've had burning and itching with sores in my vaginal area and bottom area. This has been going on since shortly after i had my 2nd child and shes almost 4 now. I went to the doctor and they just said it was irritation and gave me some cream. Well it helped and it almost went away but came back and now its really bad. My anel area is also very swollen. I got hemroids when i gave brith. What is going on with me i just wanna be normal! Oh and i've always had a yellowish greenish discharge for many many years?
I am 20years old and lately everytime I have sex about 20 mins. Into it I can feel my vagina swelling so I am forced to stop and the swelling hurts. My vaginal area has also been very irritaed and itching but I don't have vaginal discharge and I don't have pain while urinating...I tried using the creme to calm itching but it doesn't last long...I am having a really hard time with this does anyone have any clue what it may be?
A related discussion, During intercourse I have a burning feeling. was started.