Family Health Expert Forum
What does this mean?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

What does this mean?

Hi, a little bit of background - 27 yr. old female. Drink once a week and ex-smoker.  Medications currently taking Multi-vitamin w/ numerous supplements, Nasonex, Xananx on occassion, Allegra-D on occassion, Aciphex, Advil.  In the past 2 yrs. been dealing w/ anxiety/panic attacks, OCD & I have a hugh fear of cancer (paternal grandmother died of Ovarian cancer).  Anyway, I went to my OB/Gyn for my annual checkup and I decided to have a CBC workup done - I was just curious. The results are:
WBC COUNT 6.7, RBC COUNT 4.16,HEMOGLOBIN 13.7,HEMATOCRIT 40.5, MCV 97, MCH 32.9, MCHC 33.8, RDW 13.4, PLATELETS 292, NEUTROPHILS 67, LYMPHS 27, MONOCYTES 3, EOS 3, BASOS 0, NEUTROPHILS (ABSOLUTE) 4.5, LYMPHS (ABSOLUTE) 1.8, MONOCYTES (ABSOLUTE) 0.2, EOS (ABSOLUTE) 0.2, BASO (ABSOLUTE) 0.0.  Everything looked good except the lab said my MONOCYTES which was 3 was low (lab said level should be 4-13).  What does that mean?  Does that mean overall that I'm healthy, immune system is okay?  Does having a monocytes level at 3 indicate something serious (cancer - leukemia) is going on inside me?  Can I or how can I raise my monocytes back to where it needs to be?  My OB/GYN wrote that everything is acceptable.  I guess its just confusing me since everything else looks fine.  I don't feel sick or tired -- I'm just probably overreacting.  Please advise and thank you for your time.