Family Health Expert Forum
White 'chunks' forming in throat
About This Forum:

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

White 'chunks' forming in throat

For about a year I have had these small white chunks of something forming at the anterior portion of my throat right around the level of the thyroid cartilage. At times they break loose and I can spit them off. Other times I can feel them back there and have to cough or manipulate my mouth in order to break them loose. They smell foul and give a bad taste and I believe it is a source of my occasional halitosis. They are soft and moist but crumble with light pressure. I brush twice a day and use mouthwash which I gargle deeply and brush my tongue.  What is the cause of this and what can I do to get rid of, and prevent them.