Family Health Expert Forum
backache and foot pain from cold & flu

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

backache and foot pain from cold & flu
My son (15years old) has been sick since last Thursday. His symptoms: cough, headahce, bodyache,chest congested. During this time, he never has a fever. He saw doctors twice, all said it was not swine flu, could be some viral infection. He started to have sever backache yesterday morning, even 3 pills of Advil did not help that much. Later on yesterday, with heating pad and Advil , backache became a little better. This morning back hurts a lot again and knees and feet hurt too. Are all these pain caused by cold or flu virus ?
Yes, all of these symptoms could be caused by a flu virus, but if is not starting to eel better in the next couple of days, you should have him checed again.  If he is doing worse, or is developing a fever, I would take him in sooner to be looked at.  Continue the ibuprofen in the meantime and keep a close eye on him.

Good luck.
JMK MD