backache and foot pain from cold & flu
My son (15years old) has been sick since last Thursday. His symptoms: cough, headahce, bodyache,chest congested. During this time, he never has a fever. He saw doctors twice, all said it was not swine flu, could be some viral infection. He started to have sever backache yesterday morning, even 3 pills of Advil did not help that much. Later on yesterday, with heating pad and Advil , backache became a little better. This morning back hurts a lot again and knees and feet hurt too. Are all these pain caused by cold or flu virus ?
Yes, all of these symptoms could be caused by a flu virus, but if is not starting to eel better in the next couple of days, you should have him checed again.  If he is doing worse, or is developing a fever, I would take him in sooner to be looked at.  Continue the ibuprofen in the meantime and keep a close eye on him.

Good luck.
JMK MD