Family Health Expert Forum
boil or large pimple below testicles toward anus

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

I have had a large (approximately 1/4 - 3/8") boil or pimple below my testicles toward my anus between my legs for about two weeks. It is painful especially when walking.  It is bright red tending toward purple. No puss as you might expect in a pimple, in fact have tried to squeeze and pop it but it is just hard like a small syst. Is there any possibility this is a std? Should I see my family doctor or is this something that will go away on its own.
I can't be sure without seeing the lesion.

An STD is always possible, and should be tested for if suspected.  

Infection of a cyst or hair follicle can lead to this findings.  Antibiotics and lancing any potential boil should be considered.

I would suggest seeing a physician about this.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
However, sebaceous cysts tend to be colorless or flesh tone, not purple. Due to the area the bacteria is rampant and this is a necessary for infections such as this. If there is no head, this does not men it is not a boil or furuncle, but it could also be some tumor or growth that needs to be removed.