Family Health Expert Forum
bumps/lumps on breasts, stomach, and upper inner thigh

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

I am female.  I am 40 lbs overweight.  I have stretch marks.  Recently I have started to have bumps/knots appear.  The bumps are near my stretch marks.  They swell and are sore.  They are similar to risens but I don't think that is what they are.  The bumps appear on my stomach, breast, and inner upper thighs. (not at one time)  I had 2 last year, one on my stomach and one on my breast.  I now have two on my inner thigh. And it looks like I'm getting another on my stomach.  The ones from last year are gone. I popped the bumps from last year and some blood and white matter came out.  It hurt for a few days then began to heal. It took a couple of months to heal.  All theses bumps have been the size of a quarter or larger.  They are red.  The bumps are sore.  They have appeared in hot weather. I live in SC where it is real humid and hot. I am very shy and hate to go to a doctor to show these bumps.  Especially the one at my inner upper thigh. It is blue around the bump at my inner thigh.  It could be because I tried to mash it. It feels like a bump/lump under the skin.  

I am trying to lose weight but it is hard to exercise with the spot rubbing at my inner thigh.  I have cut back on my food.  

I also have a lump or knot on the back of my neck right under the hair line.  It seems to come and go.  Or maybe bothers me more some times than others.
Thank you for visiting the Family Practice Forum.
Almost certainly you are having a problem with Sebaceous Cysts.
A sebaceous (or epidermoid) cyst is a noncancerous swelling under the skin. It is lined by packed outer skin cells. The cyst itself is filled with oil or dead cells. Under certain conditions such as stress, increased activity, mechanical irritation, diabetes, or other concurrent illness these cysts may enlarge and become somewhat tender. On occasion, these cysts will be drained by the physician and antibiotics will be prescribed. Warm moist compresses will commonly help bring these cysts
I have the same problem, except my lumps become hard and to painful to pop and they have left very deep scars a couple places on my body, two in the crease of the upper back of my thighs where the underwear elastic would rest and one just under my armpit. They are all at least half the tip of my index finger deep. Would these cysts contribute to a foul odor down there? I never had it till I started getting these cysts, and of course I am very self concious now about that and the scars.
bjordan
A related discussion, cyst inner thigh was started.
A related discussion, Lumps was started.
A related discussion, help was started.
A related discussion, Bumps on innter thigh? was started.