Family Health Expert Forum
constellation of symptoms

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

constellation of symptoms

I am a 25 year old female who has been experiencing a variety of troubling symptoms for the last 3 years. I have premature ventricular contractions, migraines, severe constipation, nausea, abdominal pain, neck pain, easy/frequent bruising, fatigue, memory loss, confusion, ovarian cysts (2), and a pituitary adenoma. I have been seeing my doctor for this time, trying to feel better, but not much has worked. After many rounds of tests, the only things that come up are a slightly low cortisol, a slightly high potassium level, and a possibly low growth hormone level (0.2).
My endocrinologist does not see any relation between my symptoms and the adenoma (except for the headaches). I am getting quite frustrated and am tired of being sick all of the time. My quality of life is severely diminsihed.
Is it possible that these symptoms are all related to one another and come from one root cause? Are there certain illnesses or tests that I should talk to my doctor about?
Thank you for your help.
I am not aware of a specific disease that links the symptoms you describe.  

For the GI symptoms like constipation and nausea, a colonoscopy and upper endoscopy can be considered for a thorough evaluation of the GI tract.

PVCs should be evaluated with an EKG and echocardiogram to evaluate the structure of the heart.

Memory loss and confusion can be evaluated by measuring the metabolic panel, thyroid tests and imaging studies like a brain MRI.  A neurology evaluation can be considered as well.  

Ovarian cysts can be further evaluate with a transvaginal ultrasound and a gynecology referral.  

These options can be discussed with your personal physician or with the appropriate referrals.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
http://www.straightfromthedoc.com
Dear Ceeb,

I too had some of the same symptoms you are experiencing along with some others.  I went to so many places to try to get some relief and finally after about 20 years I got some answers.  It turned out one of the problems was the pituitary tumor, which I was told so many times was nothing.  Mine was a LH/FSH tumor, which no one ever tested me for.  I am not saying that yours is the same, all I am saying is it is your body and you are the only one that knows how you are suppose to feel.  I hope you get the answers you deserve.
Thanks for the comment, Suzie. I have a feeling that the pit tumor has A LOT to do with all of this. I'm hoping to get answers soon. I hope you are feeling better after your very long wait to find out what was going on.