Family Health Expert Forum
dripping after urination
About This Forum:

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

dripping after urination

Hi,
I have a few concerns, so I'll list them quickly.

1.  A few years ago, I had a growth on the top of the shaft of my penis. It showed two bumps that kind of looked like skinny fingers that were together. The doctor thought it was a wart, but he did a shave biopsy in which he removed the entire bump. He said no virus was found and it was only a skin infection. Can I trust the biopsy?
2.  I got tested for multiple STD's and came out OK. An Elisa for HSV-2 came out positive. Worried, I ran to get a confirmation test. I opted for the cheaper, POCKIT HSV-2 rapid test that physicians use in their office. I tested twice with 2 different doctors and came out negative on both. I've read that the POCKIT test is an extremely accurate test. Can I trust the 2 negative results?
3.  Lastly, when I use the restroom I usually have a few drops left after I urinate. I usually shake them out to get rid of them. I don't experience any pain, discomfort, or discharge when I urinate. I was scared that something was growing in my urethra to cause me to shake a few more drops out. My urine stream is straight and as strong as it was before. Should I be concerned?

Review of questions:
1.  Should I trust the biopsy results?
2.  Should I trust the 2 negative POCKIT tests.
3.  Should I be concerned about the extra drops of urine in my urethra when I urinate.

I'm very concerned because I'm dating a new girl that I care about very much and I would be terrified if I passed something on to her. I would like to get this all behind me. Thank you so much for your help.

concernedguy26.