Family Health Expert Forum
herpes test results
About This Forum:

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

herpes test results

I recently had a herpes blood test (non specific) of which the igg & igm test results both came back negative.  I have also had a complete STD test including HIV that all came back negative. The test was performed just under four months after the possible exposure.
I did have a single raw irritated spot just under the head of my penis 4 months ago that promted me to get these tests done.  Nothing has returned since that one raw spot.  But since then for four months I have had small abdomen pains & genital itching (itchy penis) almost every day.  My question is this.  How reliable is the herpes blood test - have i waited long enough for the antibodies to be detected? - should I get re-tested? Is the constant genital itching and abdomen pain related to herpes if not what would cause constant itching & discomfort (herpes itching as I understand it comes just before an out break - not 4 months worth.

I just want be be sure that I am clear and stop the constant itching and discomfort. (i have tried hydrocortizone - still no better.\

Please help.

There are so many different answers on the internet which one do you take as facts or is this just an obsession

Thank you