Family Health Expert Forum
im sick
About This Forum:

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

im sick

okay.im 16 and  i have been coughing really bad, and its like a limey green color, and sometimes there is blood in it. my nose keeps running and i keep getting hot and then cold. i was throwing up like yesterday..not so much today. diarrea (diarrhea) (cant spell) i feel really weak and sleepy. can you tell me what i have?
Tags: diarrhea
Related Discussions
242516_tn?1368227505
vic_m is right, we're trying to help folks figure out this stuff at home, but in this case andarta_86 is right.  The reason literz should go see their doc is that the cough is ***** and bloody, with fevers and chills and diarrhea.  One possibility could be tuberculosis or other serious pneumonia.  Even if it's simply bronchitis, it may improve with antibiotics, even though people with these same symptoms only have a viral illness.
3 Comments
Blank
you have to give more of a history. have you been sick? close contacts that are sick? eaten any food that you wonder about? history of asthma? what's in the diarrhea? fever? bloody diarrhea? what's in it?
Blank
Personally, I would just go see a doctor in a case like that, especially since you're coughing up blood.  It could be anything from influenza, to pneumonia, to some other infection.  If you think you can wait just a bit, try to get in to see your family doc asap.  If you can't wait or don't have one, go to the emergency room.  You're doctor will probably send you for a chest x-ray anyway and what not, so it actually might be better to bypass that and just head straight for the hospital.
Blank
yes. given that this is a help forum, i tend to stay away from "go and see the doc" because you don't have to post in this forum to get that advice. i realize that people that post here are trying to figure out whether what they are going through is something to worry about or not.

i try to work within that. but sometimes, we have to say "see a doc". it's usually because there are multiple issues at stake, or a patient that has concerning symptoms, as youself.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank