Family Health Expert Forum
my period
About This Forum:

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

my period

I am a 15 year old female i am having really bad breast pain and my right lower abdomen hurt really bad. I just got out my period and i never have cramps when im on my period. Im not sexually active im still a virgin. What can this pain be.?
5614495_tn?1371832804
It’s hard to say without knowing more information, but it sounds like the symptoms you describe are most likely related to your period. Your menstrual period can cause crampy abdominal pain (dysmenorrhea), as well as breast tenderness.

Sometimes, you can have pain on one side of the abdomen more than the other due to a cyst that has developed on the ovary (a follicular cyst or a corpus luteum cyst). These cysts are most often harmless and go away on their own.

You may want to try some Ibuprofen to see if it helps with the pain. If the pain does not go away with the end of your period, I would recommend you see your doctor for further workup. He or she may order an ultrasound to get a better look at your ovaries. If the pain is very severe and you are also having nausea and vomiting and/or fevers, I would go see your doctor right away, as there are other possible causes for pain in your right lower abdomen including ovarian torsion, appendicitis, a urinary tract infection or kidney stone. The pain could also be due to something as simple as constipation.

Even if you have never had sex, your doctor will likely check a pregnancy test just to make sure, as there are also dangerous complications of an early pregnancy (ectopic pregnancy) that could cause these symptoms you describe.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank