Family Health Expert Forum
pimple on anal area

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

pimple on anal area

Today I noticed some strange symptoms on my butt area.
     The first thing I noticed was a very small red pimple-like thing on my butt cheek, about 3 inches away from the bottom of my scrotum. It was small and by itself.
     The second thing I noticed was another pimple next to my anus. It was red and slightly tender to the touch. It wasn't a blister and I wasn't able to pop because it was basically all pimple, just like a zit a person would have on his or her face.
     My questions are:
1) Is the first bump a pimple and do they show up on a person's butt cheek? I hope it's not a wart, but if it is a wart, why would it be by itself on my butt cheek?
2) For the second bump near my anus, why would one large pimple appear right next to my anus? I wasn't able to pop it and it's by itself, so what could it be? It hasn't disrupted me in having a bowel movement.

I'm really worried. Thank you so much for your help.

To answer your questions:
1) Tough to say without seeing it myself, but it is certainly possible to have a pimple in that area.  There are a lot of sweat glands, and with exposure to bacteria, can certainly result in a pimple.  

2) Again, there are a proliferation of sweat glands near the anus, and pimples are not uncommon in that area.  Depending on the size, it can be incised, and that evaluation can be made by your primary care physician or a surgeon.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Medical Weblog:
kevinmd_b
Day 2 - The pimple next to my anus has shrunk to about 1/4 of its size and is going away. The other bump appears to be a red pimple and looks about the same.

...giraffe7983
Thanks for your help. :)
Hello i have a problem that involves a thing that looks like a pimple but not... ITs almost like a blister right above my anus.. near the top of the crack on the left side... Its about the size of a dime.. and it sticks out pretty far... its to big to be a pimple and for some reason it hasnt gon away in a long time.. i really dont no what to think of this... im 18 years age.. sex free?? It has bled i think when i ruffed it up to much feeling it.. it bled alot... Please help with some info>?

Chad
A related discussion, pimples on anal area was started.
A related discussion, anal problem was started.