Family Health Expert Forum
scar tissue that grows and recedes?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Family / Internal Medicine forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include general health issues, adolescence, babies, child health, eating disorders, fitness, immunizations and vaccines, infectious diseases, medical tests and procedures, and senior health.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

scar tissue that grows and recedes?

I have a scar, over 10 years old at this point, on my skull, center of forehead.  It is from a rock climbing fall.  It was stitched nicely, no lasting damage really from the original injury.  About a year ago I noticed that the scar seemed like a large lump was under it.  I didn't know if it was scar tissue or a deformity from the injury that I had never noticed before or what, but it seemed to be getting more pronounced at the time.  A friend said I should go in, but I never did.  When I finally did see a GP for a routine check up, maybe 6 months ago or less, it was gone.  I should have had him take measurements, because I think it is growing back again.  It is just a lump that is very gradual, directly below the line of the scar, maybe 4 cm long or a little more ... it conforms with the scar well, which is to say that it is not like a pea shaped cyst or other lumps I sometimes get that the doc has said not to worry about (calling them subaceous cycsts ...whatever) this is along the scar, higher in the center, and I fear, growing again.  What could this be?  I have started taking calcium again lately, don't know what my intake was before, seems a silly insignificant connection, but I am baffled - I have been drinking slightly more alcohol, but just slightly and not for long - I have been significantly more stressed lately ... over the last 2 weeks, I noticed the lump within the last week - when I get stressed I lose hair, lots of hair, all kinds of things ... could this be stress related or am I dying of syndrome xyz? (that last part was a joke, but I am worried about this)