small pea size in upper chest
A 47 year old male with a small pea sized bump in the upper part of my chest below my shoulder its been there for 2 weeks it does not hurt what should I look at for what this could be . First thing that comes to mind is cancer but where would that be ? I am waiting for my insurance to become valid in 3 weeks. Please advise
A cyst or lymph node can also be considered as well as cancer.

Imaging the area with an ultrasound or CT scan can help.  

If the diagnosis continues to be unclear, a biopsy of the lesion can be considered.  Discussion of these possibilities can be made with your personal physician, or in conjunction with a surgeon.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_