the penis
my question is that on the tip of my penis around the urethra opening,my penis is red around it and its irritated. it feels like theres a tingle there also it feels itchy but there is very little pain just discomfort. i had sex about 2 months ago with a condom. also i have not been circumcised. what could be the problem. thanks
There are a variety of conditions to consider.  The first would be some kind if STD infection - including gonorrhea or chlamydia.  Other causes can be a fungal infection or a dermatitis.  If those causes are not present, then you may want to consider prostatitis or epididymitis as causes.

I would obtaining a urine sample or urethral swab looking for the STDs mentioned.  Treatment is with antibiotics if any of the tests are positive.  A digital rectal exam for prostatitis should also be considered, as well as a scrotal ultrasound for epididymitis.  

If there is no infection present, a cystoscopy can be considered to evaluate for anatomical causes - such as a stricture or polyp.  A referral to a urologist should be considered.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Thanks,
Kevin, M.D.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.