Fentanyl. The Demon Drug! User Group
Scared as Hell
About This Group:

This group is for anyone that has advice or needs help coming off Fentanyl. This is a very powerful drug and once it takes over, its got you good! I know, it had me too. Please join and tell your experience. Cinderelly70

Founded by Cinderelly70 on April 1, 2013
9 members

Scared as Hell

My GP had me on hydro 10/325 for the last 4 YEARS... all while undergoing surgery on my spine which led to migraines which sent me to the ER 6+ times because I felt like my head was going to explode. Ablasion surgery... don't do it.  Finally, the 10 - 12 I was taking a day because I was in enough pain that I couldn't function at work, was too much for my GP.  Covering his butt I assume. He had no answers for me, etc. He sent me to a pain specialist within 2 days of my being out of meds... never, ever got an appointment with ANY Dr. that quickly.  He started me on the patch, 25 mg, every 72 hours. At first, I couldn't stay awake. Now, I can't sleep.  It's only been 2 weeks. Uggg. I don't want to NEED anything.. I want my life back. I want happy, healthy, safe.  I don't see that happening as long as I'm dependent upon opiate pain meds yet I can't MOVE without them. It feels like a lost cause... I feel like a lost cause.  Yes. also seeing a great neurologist, board certified with a PhD, etc.... she's trying to help but it's weird because she's VERY closed mouthed about the patch and he's afraid to step on her toes... it's as though she despises him and he's afraid of her. like I said, weird.  In the end, it's just me. Trying to function normally (what ever that is), trying to work every day, take care of my grand daughter. I spend most every weekend in bed, sleeping until this weekend when I couldn't sleep at all.  Had to bag out  on a first date which I REALLY wanted to go to. Crap,  I don't know what to do.  The pain relief is very good.. only a few hydro for break thru but, I am sooooo afraid of this stuff.  I know how miserable I feel when the vicodin are gone.... waiting for the next refill.  I feel so foolish & so week for "needing" anything. I wish I had a new spine or even the one I had when I was alot younger but.... you know what they say about wishes.  Any thoughts, anybody??
BijuThomas joined this group
Welcome them!
Jan 17
PaulaQ joined this group
Welcome them!
08/13
michelleusam is ... doing ok i guess,how... Comment
07/13