Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
1 tube 2 ovaries

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

1 tube 2 ovaries

hi everyone i have a question.  i have 1 fallopian tube due to an ectpoic pregnancy that ruptured in 2007.  i went onto have a healthy son in 2009.  when ttc #2 we got prego the first month but the hcg levels were not rising normal.  our doctor advised we got the methotrexate shot incase of another ectopic due to my history.  just to be safe but i really feel in my heart (and so does my doc) that it was a miscariage.  we have now been ttc since aug. with no luck.  i purchased the clearblue easy fertility monitor & it said i ovulated this past month.  what i was wondering is would the monitor say i ovulated if it was from the bad tube and went no where?  would that even happen? do i only ovulate every other month or does my other tube pick up the egg every month.  i have finally begun to have a somewhat normal period 35 days but does that mean i ovulate every month?  & would i still have cm if i didnt ovulate?  thanks so much i cant find answers any where!!
yes you can still have CM and your period if you ovulate on the bad tube side, but you cannot get pregnant when you ovulate on the bad side because the egg cannot reach the uterus.
most women ovulate some on each side, but there is no set pattern.
so some months you will have a chance, and some youwon't, but i can't think of a way to know in advance
good luck