Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
10 days post iui losing hope

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

10 days post iui losing hope

I'm sad, 3rd iui and this time was more hopeful, suppose to get my period on Friday and today I'm starting to feel PMS , very snapish and have no patience for anything...sure signs. Starting to get discouraged and feeling very weepy....does anyone think I should test now? would it come up if it was positive...or is to soon....Am i setting myself up for disappointment?
No - you are just getting to the time a positive would show up!! Most girls don't see anything til around 12 days past IUI. Don't give up yet! I had all the PMS symptoms (well, the meanness at least) and was sure I wasn't preggo, but it turned out I was. That snappiness can be the pregnancy hormone kicking in :) You can start testing tomorrow with a HPT to see what you get.

Good Luck!
Don't get discuraged until your beta is in.I had brown spotting (sign of my period) with my pregnancy and the beta was positive.And it is a litle early to test since you are only 10 days post iui. The test may not catch it yet.Be patient i know easier said than done.Good luck
Don't test yet...Hang in there!  
don't give up hope.i learned a very good lesson today.. symptoms mean nothing. i got by BFP this nafternoon!! i have had period cramps, bach ache.. the whole 9 yards and i am finally pregnant after years of trying 8 failed iui and 1 failed ivf,. this is my second ivf and it worked. so symptoms don't mean a whole lot. try not to worry. SSBD coming you way:)
That's awesome!!!! This is my 3rd iui, 2 miscarriages and I just turned 40...yikes....we're only insured for iui's, I feel like an emotional basket case....I've already had 1 melt down today, tears and all...my poor husband. If it doesn't work this time I'm not sure how we'll afford it...I've been peeing alot at night, more than the usual, and it always feels like I've gotta go alot and it's only alittle , It feels like weird pressure...I don't know if I'm just anxious and I just have till Friday to wait, I had the iui on march 13th ( friday the 13th)
I got BFP and was convinced I was not pg.  I had no symptoms at all... and I have been very snappy this pg... like over the top snappy..

hang in there.. I would test first thing in the morning with first response early results hpt.  

best of luck..
did you conceive you son from an IUI? When did  you testto see if you ere pregnant?
Oh my god, I typed so quickly sorry for the errors!
My son was conceived from IUI and at 10dpIUI there was line that was so faint it was like you could see where the line would be if there was one.  I tested the next morning and it came back positive.  The line was still faint but there was no mistake about it... it was a positive test.  To be honest with you, with my son, I knew I was pg even before I tested.  I could just tell something was different.

I am currently pg again from IUI.  This time I was NOT supposed to test early because I was on medication that would give false positives.  It was the hcg trigger except we used it as a progesterone booster, so I took small doses throughout the two week wait.  So anyway, right up until 14dpIUI, I was convinced I was not pg.  I had no symptoms at all.  I even posted that I knew my body and if I was pg, I would know/feel it.  Well AF didn't come that day and I had never been late before... I tested and it was positive, but I still thought it might be false positive.  16dpiui I started spotting and thought AF had finally showed up, but the spotting stopped.  17dpiui, I went to the dr and beta was 97. Which is a little low for 17dpiui but everything has worked out fine..  I will be 12weeks tomorrow.  

So did you test yet?  
One more thing I wanted to share.  With my son it took 3 IUIs.  This time it took 4 IUIs.  So it can happen.  Hang in there and best of luck.  
I had IUI on 12/3 and today ( 14 dpo)  i spotted.......... Good luck to you