10 follies, 9 eggs, 9 fertilized...day 3 or 5 with pgd?
I'm 40, dh 44, have a 10 year old son - easy pregnancy, TTC for a year, 2 pregnancies since Christmas, mc at 5 wks , saw hb on 2nd, but miscarried a week later, D&E inconclusive. Did 1st IVF cycle right away...so I have been prego or on hormone shots for the past 4 months straight, not allowed to exercise, and gained 14 lbs(ugh). The shots are hateful, my husband has to gve them to me bc I hate needles.  It's been an emotional roller coaster for us both - I feel sick all the time and have a high stress career, my dh is worried about me all the time.
SO, we did egg retrieval 2 days ago, had 10 follies, got 10 good eggs, 9 fertilized.  Waiting to hear from the embriologist today to see if we do a day 3 transfer if the embryos look like they won't make it to day 5, or if we go to day 5, do pgd and transfer hopefully on day 6.  The embriologist also said there s a possibility of freezing the embryos if the lab doesnt get them back in time for a fresh transfer and doing it next month. I really want a fresh transfer.  I'm hoping for at least 2 healthy blastocycts to transfer.
Has anyone else had similar experience?  What is the usual attrition rate for fetrizied embryos making it to day 50? 50%?  is it better to transefr a higher quantity at day 3?