Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
11 days post transfer w/ 3 day embyro -HPT Negative

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I made the BIG mistake of taking a home pregnancy test this morning. I am 11 days post transfer. I had 2, 3 day embryos transferred. My test was negative. Now I am FREAKING OUT. I live in Canada and they don't do any other test but a urine pregnancy test on the 16th day post transfer. Is 11 days post transfer too early to see a positive or should I prepare myself for the worst? Anyone else in my situation? Thanks
I had two IVF done and every time after each transfer I was taking two to three HPT  just to see that second pink line...I never did. Now I started my third IVF process and this time after the transfer I'm going to do HPT every second day just to see if I ever get pregnant and what happens  with my embryos-they are nice and healthy when they are being transferred and then after few days they are disappearing... why, when?
I'm 38 and I'm desperate to get pregnant!
try again in a few days...don't give up. i had a trasfer last sunday, 6 embys...i did hpt today, it's negativ, maybe it's too early..i hope. and for dorti...keep trying. good luck!!
Hi!  I'm brand new to the site and have had my first IVF.  I am supposed to take my blood test in 2 days.  I'm 40 years old so I'm beginning a bit late here.  I have to admit that I won't do the HPT test because I'm not certain it's consistently reliable.  A close friend of mine did two HPT tests about 2 weeks post transfer.  Both came up negative.  However, when she took a blood test, it indicated that she was pregnant.  She ended up with a precious child.  Just thought I would pass that along...:)
Thanks Gretchen, I was trying not to take another test till Friday but I gave in and did another one this morning. It was instantly positive! I can't believe how impatient this whole process has made me. It's crazy. Thanks for your thoughts.
congrats!!!!  So are you 13 days post transfer?????  SOOOOO exciting ;)
Yes I am 13 days post transfer. I took a hpt 11dp and it was negative. Now, today it was positive. I guess that's why the doctors tell you not to take a hpt because I was devastated after taking the first one. I have my official test on friday but I live in Canada and all they do is a urine test anyway, so I am feeling excited!!!
:) i'm very happy for you...i hope you'll have more good news for us on friday. take care!!!!
Thanks. It's so nice to have support from people I don't even know. xoxox
i feel the same way..
Just stumbled across your post and couldn't read and not congratulate you on your fantastic news!! I wish you a very healthy and happy 9 months... now the fun begins! I wonder how many babies :) WELL DONE

Mirabela - Good luck, I hope you share the same news in a few days :)
thank you!...i really, really hope so
Mirabela, How many days are you post transfer? When are you going to be tested next? I am soooo hoping and praying for you!
Kelly
hi kelly!! i had my tranfer on 9/20, 6 embys...i took my first hpt on 9/27 negativ, and the second one on 9/29 negativ again. i'm going on friday for my blood test. thank you for your wish, it's very kind of you!! let me know how your test will go tomorrow...i hope good news ALL THE WAY...GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!
I am keeping everything crossed that your bloods come back with a nice high level and we can have a double celebration SSBD to you :)
thank you so much! you are so nice...but unfortunately the blood test was negativ :(( Next time, i think in november, with my ivf's i will also try meditation and acupuncture. what else do you recommend??? good luck and i wish you always the best!!!
I'm so sorry about the negative result - I know how crushing it is :(

I wish you loads of luck for November.... what a lovely christmas surprise you are going to have when you get your positive result!!

As far as suggestions with TTC, we didn't do IVF as we didn't qualify so had to try natural methods so not really sure what to suggest. I am sure you are doing everything you can to be as fertility fit as possible already so won't preach to the converted but do wish you lots and lots of luck.

Please keep me posted! :)
hi im 11 dpt  dont even know when is my period date . i was  on menopause for sevral months .took hpt yesterday came negative HELP...
Thanks for your post. Infact  just try a pregnancy test this afternoon and negative which is 11 days after egg transfer. Your post has build me up again. Waiting to do it on the 17day as directed by my doctor. Hope all goes well.
I am a surrogate for the first time and had 4, 3 day embryos transferred on 5/23 and tomorrow is my blood test. I have taken a few HPT's and they have all been negative. All the comments here give me hope that the blood test will show that I am pregnant but it is so hard to wait! This is worse than the injections!
I'm 12 days post egg transfer and Iv did a Pregnancy test today and it was negative, now I'm thinking the worst and feel really low, me and my husband have been trying for a baby for four years, frist ivf cycle tho, I had a 3 day Embryo transfer, Any advice would be great
hi dear,
u ll be alright. my doctor says it will be negative if u check early but be positive. still im 2days after my blastocyst transfer. I m trying be positive with this. this is my first ivf..
lots of baby dust to u all......
hello,i had read all the post .i am now also done my first IVF. and i tested 10 days after embryo transfer and it turned out negative.but there is still hope when i wait until 14th day after embryo transfer? is there lots of women having been test 11 days after embryo transfer that was negative and after 14 days it turn out positive?..we are hoping for a very soon BFP..baby dust to all..