Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
1st period after mirena iud removal comes after how long?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

had my mirena iud in for a little over 4 years and just had it removed 1 week ago. i did not want to get pregnant again until next year and was just having it removed to switch to a bc pill that helps with pcos symptoms. my doc told me i should start bleeding within a week of mirena iud removal and to begin taking my new bc pills thursday (tomorrow....1 week after removal) after starting my first period.

she told me to use back up contraception until i've been on the new pill for a full 2 weeks. after not having to worry about that for so long, my husband and i slipped up and had unprotected sex 3 days after removal. the next day, it seemed i was ovulating (during my usual day of ovulation prior to mirena, i would have clear cervical mucous present and that's how i knew which day i was ovulating each month).  i haven't had my period yet; not spotting or any blood at all since removal. i'm now worried that i'm pregnant but it is too soon to take a test.

obviously i don't want to start the bc pills until i know for sure i am not already pregnant.  has anyone else had mirena iud removed and how long did it take you to get a period? any input is appreciated!
I started my period on next cycle.  I removed my IUD in 04/07 and have my period in May 07.
I had my mirena first mirena in  2003 and my secong last year in april, I had my mirena removed june 30 i started bleeding on july 1 to like the 8th. I didnt get a period at the begining of august so around the 15 i took a pregnacy test it came back negative. so i just figured my body was still adjusting for having mirena so long but that wasnt the case i went to the er last night and found out i have the flu and im pregnant.
I am cosidering having my IUD taken out. I just had the second one put in, in April. How lomg does it take to get pregnant? I have two kids now that are 6 and 7. It took me a year for the first one. I never get my period only for like a day here or there. It has been that way since I first got it 13 years ago. Can you help me answer this?
I had my Mirena removed Wed 9/8/10 Two days ago. I now have bleeding, is it my period or is it from the Mirena? If it is a period then how long should it be before I try to concieve (conceive)?
Hey there they say it can take a few months for your cycle to come back and to be able to start "trying" I had my mirena removed October 1 2010, spotted that week then nothing. I didnt get a period until November 4 2010. Im in the army and actually was excused from a Physcial Fitness test due to the cramps.. So just wait be patient and keep me updated and I will keep you updated..
i got the mirena put in on september 22nd and after a month i got it removed on october 27th i've been spotting but not heavy ever since and today's the 10th of november when will the spotting end!!!
When my husband and i were ready to ttc after our son I had my mirena removed. It was taken out on the 18th of jan n i started my period that evening and had it for about 5-7 days. Feb 18th, right on schedule i started again n then march 18th i took my positive pregnancy test. After giving birth to our daughter, i had another mirena placed but recently had it removed. It was taken out on the 10th of sept and i was thinking i might be prego already cuz i never started(besides some light spotting 2 days after removal but i started 2 days ago. 18 days later. it was was different from the first time. hope that helps.

Hi, I'm new to this. I had my Mirena removed on Nov 7 after having it for five years, and started a light spotting on Nov 11 which lasted for about 2 days. A week later I started spotting again, and it last 2 days. On Dec 6 I started bleeding heavy so I am assuming that this is my period. I thought I was preggo but now I guess i'm not. We r actually ttc, so now I'm just waiting to see if we will have any luck in Jan 2013
Hi I've been trying to find some answers. I had my mirena for almost two years and had it taken out on Nov . I had some heavy bleeding with clots starting on the evening of the 3rd and ending on the 6th. Nothing since not even spotting. I have been taking preg. test and keep getting BFN. I'm having nausea at night, and  horrible cramps.  Im starting to wonder if something is really wrong.
I had my mirena removed November 19th after having it for almost 4 years and, i started bleeding extremely heavy 3 days later the ER doctor put me on the pill and i stopped bleeding and i havent bled since and ive taken 2 pregnancy tests both are negative... is it still my body adjusting
I was on Mirena for almost 5 years on August I had it removed and I haven't got my period yet not even a single spot I took 3 urine pregnancy test and 1 blood test all came out negative, I been feeling bloated very uncomfortable eating too much.... What should I do, is there any chance I might be pregnant, please help