Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
2 questions - HCG trigger and progesterone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Hi all

I need some help from all of you experts.  I just started seeing a new RE this week, I have two questions:

1.  I had a trigger shot for the first time on Thur - 10,000 of Novarel.  How long does this stay in my system - when is it safe to take a HPT?  I usually wait 14 days after O - will this be long enough or could the hcg still be in my system?
2.  He wants me to come back in a week to check my progesterone.  What does this tell me?  Does it give any indication of whether I may be pregnant or not?

Thanks!
The trigger is usually in your system for 10-14 days.  My shot was out of my system by day 11.  So, if you wait 14 DPO then you should be fine since it was just 10,000 of Novarel.

As far as the progesterone...my RE checked mine before the trigger and then after.  It tells whether or not you have ovulated.  If I'm not mistaken your progsterone should be below 3 before ovulation and above 10 after ovulation (if you are on a natural cycle).  Once you get pregnant then your progesterone climbs.  RE said once you are pregnant your progesterone should stay above 25.  Good luck to you!!!
krushing has said it all, so I wanted to wish you good luck!  
Thanks guys!  I'm staying positive this month, maybe that will help :)