Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
2nd IUI

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

2nd IUI

Hi all,
Well AF showed today and so I will be trying again this month with my second IUI. Please if you have any success stories of getting pregnant on the second try with the IUI let me know. I need to go in with a positive mindset.

Also... congrats to all the BFP's this month!

Thanks!!
Hi Lola,
I can't give you a BFP story b/c my 2nd IUI failed.  I am doing IVF in a couple of weeks.  BUT I wanted to wish you lots of baby dust and hope you get a BFP!
sorry, not a success story, but at least I can keep you company-I will have my 2nd IUI this cycle as well.  Guessing it will take place sometime early next week, maybe Tuesday/Wednesday.  I'm on 150 mg Clomid days 5-9.  Good luck!
Thanks all. I had a really tough weekend.I knew that AF was on her way, and sure enough.....

I just don't understand, everything looked great, my follicles, his sperm, I had the trigger shot, so the timing had to be right, right? What is WRONG??? I think this is going to make me crazy. I'm babbling, sorry.

Please let me know how things turn out with all of you. Best of luck this month!
I had 3 IUIs, but I don't really count the second one because the follicles were on the side without a fallopian tube, so the chances were very slim.. I got bfp on the 1st and 3rd try...

Best of luck to you.. keep us posted..
I will be starting my first cylcle of injectables and timed intercourse any day now so glad to hear others are in the same boat! Good luck to all of us!
Hi, I too am starting my second round of iui. I am 38 and my husband is 41. He is very discouraged but I am thinking that our chances get better with every try...right? I have three children 19, 17 and 12, but he has none and I really want to give him a child...he will be a great dad. Anyway, we had the same circumstances...good follicles,great sperm count and the trigger shot...also going crazy but optimistic,,,(af today) we plan on trying about three times then moving on to ifv if nessesary....that is scary to me..anyway good luck to you