Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
2nd Methotrexate (Ectopic) Shot - When Will It End!!!!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

2nd Methotrexate (Ectopic) Shot - When Will It End!!!!

Okay, I had to take a 2nd Meth shot today because although my levels went down, they are still pretty high.  I'm tired of this. I can't go to the gym, can't go to my dance rehearsals, no sex until levels go down to zero, no TTC??!!!  And I feel like a stuffed sausage.  I gained weight from what was suppposed to be a healthy pregnancy.  I feel like crying.  I just want my life back.

Just needed to vent.

How soon did anyone with an ectopic resume sexual activity????  Haven't had any since early December.
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
93654_tn?1247502934
Ugh, I know it sucks, and methotrexate just makes you feel even more yucky. We resumed sexual activity about a month after the shot, but used condoms until after I had my hsg, which was 2 months after the shot. Sorry you're feeling so crappy. :(
Blank
I just had the metho shot on friday. They did not tell me anything about no sex or not ttc????  I didn't have an ectopic, I had a m/c on 1/3 but my levels were going up... hmmm maybe I need to check on that. I hope your levels go down soon!
Blank
i don't understand why everybody is getting shots. just try to let yout body do it's own thing. it took my hcg level about 6 weeks to go back down after my m/c and nobody was worried at all. be careful what you're putting in your body when you're ttc.
Blank
93654_tn?1247502934
I don't think you have to abstain from sex if you were given methotrexate for a m/c. The reason it's advisable to wait to TTC is because of the lingering effects metho has on your body's ability to absorbe folic acid, even once the metho is out of your system.
Blank
93654_tn?1247502934
The OP and I were discussing methotrexate for ectopic pregnancies. Do you understand the consequences of NOT intervening with an EP??? How about a ruptured fallopian tube with internal bleeding? There are 2 options with an ectopic- surgical removal or the methotrexate shot. As far as using it for a m/c, I believe doctors use it when the m/c is incomplete and the only other option is a D&C or risk serious infection waiting for nature to take its course.
Blank
178295_tn?1196989533
Yeah, I was and still am a little worried about my tubes being ruptured.  I pray to God that this shot will work.  You have to be very careful with Ectopics.  This is my first one, but I've heard many horror stories with just letting it try to resolve itself.

Yeah they told me to PLEASE use a condom when starting back intercourse because the effects that the meth shot can have on a new pregnancy is not cute!!

Thanks for your help everyone.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank