Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
3 days post iui, would like anyone also during this 2ww

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Viewing 401-425 comments:
Thanks dani!  I was gonna wait until Tues before work, but since I do have 2 tests left, maybe i'll just do one tomorrow when I wake up (I have off & i'll be alone).  I keep looking at the one, it's still sitting in my garbage can in the bathroom (gross, I know!), but I can't help it.  It's still there, so let's hope this 4 1/2 yr journey is FINALLY over!  I'll post tomorrow when I get up.  I'm just so nervous & anxious at the same time-lol.  Felecia
A positive?  I know you said that you saw a faint line --- I have my fingers crossed.  What day post IUI are you?  I am hoping that this is it for you :)  Keep me posted.
Hey, I chickened out & decided to wait for the duration.  Thurs would be 14 dpiui, so we'll see what comes!  I'll deffinately let you know.  Felecia
Hey Guys!!!! It's been a looong time since i visited the site.  It has been a crazy month.  As you guys know I started the process for IVF.  My retrieval is tomorrow morning!  I am excited and nervous at the same time... I have 22 follies (both sides) and out of them about 12 grew to ripe size.  We are only putting back 2-3 depending on quality, I don't want to have a starting line-up...LOL   I'll keep you guys posted on my progress.....
*** Felesha, I have my fingers and eyes crossed for ya! :)
Well, I decided to test this am (day 14 piui).  It was a BFN.  I should have known.  Ah well, back to the drawing board.
on the 2ww wait again ...find out 14th of the month
1faith1 -- Good luck on the retrieval.  I wish you the best and hope this IVF works :)

Felecia -- I am sorry for the BFN.  I really hoped this was the month.  

As far as me -- I still have not had AF since the miscarriage.  We had tried on our own and I did HPT x 2 but they are negative.  I know they say that the first AF after a miscarriage can take a while.  We are supposed to start IUI again this month.  If AF doesn't show by the middle of the month I am calling the RE to see about doing the Provera to help bring on AF to get the ball rolling again.  I will keep you posted.

Take care all and I'm thinking of you!
New here.TTC first month and conceived in feb 2007.Had D&C in may 2007..TTC since then..No medical problems found.DH's test were fine too.
Finally went to RE.Took clomid from CD3-CD9 .Had u/s on CD12 for follicle study.1 good size and 2 still growing were present.RE asked to come back on CD14.Other 2 were gone but RE said 1 follicle is good enough for this IUI.Had my 1st IUI today at 10.a.m dont know what to expect.. Husbands sperm count was good...Just wondering if one Follicle is  enough to get pregnant ..This 2ww seems hard...
I had my1 st iui on 3rd of this mont. the 2ww seems never ending. pray for me . I hope its bfp , but u guys have been great , u have enlightened me so much otherwise i thought i was already pg 15 mins after IUI, lol

vidhya
well all the cramps and feeling sick of the last iui... only 2 days until i have my blood work taken but af showed up on the sat before last so fingers crossed.... well actually fingers toes legs and eyes and anything else i can cross without causing any damage :)  good luck and baby dust to all of you especially those in the 2ww

We are on same road...2ww ..you are 1 day ahead.I had my first IUI on april 4th.I am taking prometrium now..going for test on 17th..what about you..When are you testing
af arrived on saturday... with alot of pain... my doctor says we have to move to a more aggresive (aggressive) approach that my uterus may not be able to support a pregnancy so i'm taking a break until mid may then we try ivf... i'm praying that it works he also asked if we had considered a surrigate... hadn't really thought about it and wouldn't know where to start i have no family in the states they are all in australia and england and i'm not sure that anyone of them are in a place in their own lives to be able to do that for me... oh i hope it doesnt come to that...

but for now i'm taking a break and having some me time...
Iam on same boat 2ww. my iui was 5th april. hey did u guys checked for BFP. Iam so nervous because i not having any symptoms. Just from yesterday lower abdominal cramps like i get before  my monthly. This 2ww period is very hard, i will pray for all of us on 2ww wait period .baby dust for all of us on 2ww.
Hi sahiti,i know this 2ww is very tough but dont be nervous keep yourself calm and try to keep yourself busy.I havn't tested yet...Nurse asked me to come on april 17th for bloodtest..so its 2 more days and the result will be here..
About the symptoms..even i dont have any..just my boobs are sore but this happens to me everymonth 1 week before AF..so i am not counting this as symptom..
Will keep you posted.Good luck
Hi everyone,

I am new to this and just got my first clomid 50mg/ovidrel shot/iui. The day of the iui (April 14th) I had light cramps. The day after I woke up feeling sore on my abdomen area, and felt wave pain in the left side. It lasted for about 1 hour and went away. Today is the second day after my iui and I don't feel a thing.  I am feeling tired (which started happening since the iui day), but no other symptoms. Is this a sign that iui didn't work?
Hey just try to relax its just only 3 days and implantation will happens after 6-12 days of  ovulation.You felt sore because of opening of cervix at the time of iui many people has pain,cramps for 2 days after iui .About symptoms dont wory its still long way to go 2ww. Welcome to 2ww and baby dust to you also.
Welcome to all the new ladies.

JFisch, I know that the wait for AF is agonizing.  It took almost 2 full months before mine came back, and another 6 months or so before it was "normal".  

1faith1- let us know how the retrieval went.  I'm excited for you.  

We underwent our 2nd IUI on April 7th, and of course I couldn't wait until the 21st to test, and I tested yesterday.  I am happy to report a BFP!  We are thrilled and nervous.  Now I feel like I'm playing another waiting game...every cramp or ache has me on edge.  My RE said to wait until Monday and test again and then we'll do blood work but I'm sure it's a true positive.  I'm exhausted and I am getting headaches.
Dani414 -- OMG - I am soooo happy for you.  I wish you all the best in your pregnancy and please keep me posted.  

1faith1 -- I tried to send you a message 2 different times but it keeps saying that you are not accepting messages or notes.  I hope you are doing well.  Please keep me posted as well

Felecia -- how have you been?  I have been thinking about you.

I go back to the RE tomorrow.  Since I have not had AF since the miscarriage in February, they are doing blood work to see where I am at in my cycle.  We shall see!

Janice
Hey Janice!  I hope your bloodwork comes out ok & gives you some answers so you can try again.  I am in my non-medicated 2WW.  I am stuck doing these naturally now b/c IVF is not an option, (not especially since my roof is costing $7300!)  Ah well, since I hit my quota of mediacted/IUI cycles, there is no other option at the moment than to just keep trying naturally.  This cycle, (they all bring hope-lol) I had CD17 brown/clear CM for 1 1/2 days.  I don't know if it early implantation bleeding or late ovuation spotting.  I posted a thread, but got no response from anyone.  I did BD 6 days prior, so who knows!  I'll keep you posted  & hopefully you likewise.  Felecia
I have been keeping updated on your progress. I am sorry to hear about all things have been going on as of late. I hope everything goes well with you blood work. I have not been up for a while. But I read from time to time.

Felsha:
I know what you mean... we have spent over $35,000 in the last 4 months, with 1 IUI and and 3 failed IVFs.
We just got a second option, because my first Dr wants me to go to donor. The second option takes no insurance at all and it would be double I normally spend at my old dr. He says he did not like they way my 1st Dr. treated me. We cant afford anymore. We are getting a 3rd option as well, to see what he says and then decide in June what to do next.
This is SO hard and I feel for everybody on the chain!
B-
Hey Guys! I have been going through so much! this IVF process is no joke.  However.....we did conceive!!!! I will be 6 weeks on Friday.  It is kind of hard to focus on the pregnancy because, i am experiencing hyperovarian stimulation syndrome.  I have a moderate case but it is so painful and uncomfortable.  i look as if I am 6mths preg already! But I am taking it all in stride. As long as the baby (ies) are ok I;m good.  I go in friday for my first ultrasound so that they can count sacs...I'm so excited! I only had 2 transferred but they were really good quality!  I will keep you guys posted.
PS...I don't know whats up with the email????
Hey Angel, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am so excited.  Hopefully on Friday you'll have 2 beautiful babies!  I'll be looking forward to your post then-Felecia
Hey girl --- I am SOOOO excited for you!!!!  Good luck on the ultrasound and try to rest.  Let us know how things are going!

WONDERFUL!!! I'm so excited!  We're only a week or so apart then.  :) Relax, rest, and enjoy every minute!
Just reading through my posts again & realized how much this forum has helped me through my moments in life.  I just wanted to see how my ladies are doing?  This site has been a great help & if anyone rereads this, they'll realize how supportive we have all been to each other.  Anyways, just wanna update eveyone.  DH & I will be adopting in 1 1/2 yrs.  It will be a newborn & there will be no second gueses.  Once the papers are signed, the birth parents can't change their mind, nor will they call us until they are signed.  I spent half the amount it would have cost to begin with, so why not.  In the end, we are all just looking for a baby to love, & this is my way.  Well this is my update.  Again just checking on others.  Felsha
Hey there, it has been a while since I was on here and you are right -- this site helped me with my first IUI's, miscarriage and over all support.  I am happy to hear about your adoption.  You will have to keep us posted -- I have thought about that myself at times.  Since the m/c I was pregnant again but it was an ectopic.  I had to have another HSG and thankfully my tubes were clear.  I am finally starting back up and am on CD7.  I had an u/s and blood work today and will go back Wed.  I am thinking we will have an IUI sometime next week.  Hopefully this one works and sticks but we'll see.  I have been looking for you on facebook hoping you were there.  Hope to talk to you soon!!!!

Janice
Hey Janice!  I am soo happy to hear from you.  Sorry to hear about the ectopic.  I am glad you are trying again!  This past weekend, Dh & I babysat for my SIL.  Her & my bro are on the outs, but the one niece needed surgery, so of course we said we would.  Anyways, they are: 4y/o,  twins 1 y/o (almost 2 this wknd), & the one that had surg is going to be 3 on Halloween.  We'll from watching them, we decided there is no way we would ever want that many.  Not even the 3 we had "planned".  I don't know how my SIL does it.  2 now seems like a good number-LOL!  I don't really do facebook or myspace b/c DH says I already spend enough time on the computer.  We'll keep me updated with your progress.  I hope this IUI is successful.  Felecia
Hi everyone. 3 years ago I started the journey of ttc using clomid and IUI. Did 7 cycles within 1 year. After being beaten down decided to stop ttc and became foster parents hoping to adopt. Had 5 children under the age of 2 within 20 months but they all eventually went home leaving me once again childless. So we decided to go back and try again to have our own. This time went to a specialist instead of obgyn. Much more expensive but hopefully is worth it in the long run. Started injections and hcg shot. Had IUI on the 13th. Had progesterone level today and normal. 27th go back and have pregnancy bloodwork done. This waiting is HORRIBLE.
Hi - I just joined this group. I had a failed IVF last Fall, then we took a break and then had a failed adoption this past summer. I had an IUI (with follistim and ovridel) on the 14th so I am in the 2ww... go back on the 27th for the blood test. I am driving myself crazy wondering what is going on inside my body. I am having back pain, feel really tired and a really "tight" feeling in my lower abdomen. Like veryone else on here I am oversentive and paying attention to every little twinge. All I want to do is sleep... I guess that could mean I am pregnant or just depressed...
Hey Nolph,

I can tell you from experience. I had my second iui this summer and it resulted in a pregnancy - however, I miscarried at 9 weeks.  The symptoms you describe are EXACTLY what I felt during the tww.  You are  probably pregnant.  Good luck and keep us posted!!  ***baby dust***
Hi I am 8dpiui, have back pain which refuses to go, had bloated abdomen, hot flashes and frequent urinatiin till 6dpiui but now feel only back pain and severe gas.. Took HPT on day 7, negative.. Feeling very low
I did get my BFP yesterday! I am so excited... but I am cautiously optimistic. I know I can miscarry, but I am trying not to think about that right now and just enjoy the first good news we have gotten since starting this whole journey a few years ago!

**baby dust** too all!!
Congratulations to you!  I am very happy for you. hopefully I am not far behind.  I had another u/s yesterday and i have follies that are 13.5, 11 and two 9's.  They said to continue the gonal f for two more nights and then come in on Monday morning. I am happy the way things have been progressing, but after the shot last night I had a headache and bad cramps. Ugh!  Anyway, I took Monday off and today is my six month wedding anniversary so I am just relaxing and enjoying the time off.  So I think I will have the IUI probably on Wednesday. Yay!  Wish me luck!  
I hope your little bean sticks!!!!
Well may last u/s was on Monday and my follies were 18, 13, 13 and 11.
They told me one more night of gonal f and then trigger on Tuesday. So I triggered
last night and was a little crampy today but totally excited for my procedure tomorrow!
Yay!
I hope those follies are in the 18 range by then,  I need as many chances as possible at my age!!
Baby dust to all ********** and I'll keep you posted!!!!!!!   :)))
Sunday was my forth iui, and yet i'm still as nervous as the first time...this 2ww is killing me..anyone had symptoms 3dpiui?
i am 4days post iui...its my 3rd iui..m jus having mild lower abdominal pain...nothing else...and yes at times a bit pukish...lets see how it goes...do keep me posted bout u
I had my 3rd IUI on 12th JAN.

Today I am 12dpiui. 2WW is @ to end however the suspense is killing me.

I am having most of AF symptomps like vaginal discharge (running to washroom every hour to check whether AF has come or not), light headache (as opposed to usual heavy headache which i have just 1 day before AF comes). The only difference is I m having metal taste in mouth, feel like wammit sense all day today.

I am totally confused.

I dont dare to test until I miss my period as if i get BFN, I will be demoralized.

however unable to concentrate on work and every other moment thinking that AF will come or not?

I wish everyone all the very best and baby dust to you all.

Please please pray for me. I have been TTC since past 4 years.

even i had my 3rd iui on 12th jan...rite now m havin mild abd pain...headache...gum swellin...dont kno wat will happen...had a real hard time going thru' those 2previous failed iui...
my wait ended with af arrived last night (12 dpiui), it was pink in color just line so was having hope that its implantation bleed however today morning all my hopes over :(:( better luck next time.

good luck to you all!!!!
cutepoppy, bella1006
any update from you??

Wish this is your month.

good luck to you all!!
hi...m 14days post iui....no discharge...but lower abd cramps....m really nervous...not testin until my periods date arrives....
I had my first IUI Thursday and Friday this week.  I am not sure what to expect from all of this.  I would like to think a BFP but history tells me not to get my hope up.  I have been diagnosed with MTHFR and no other fertility issues.  My husband checks out great too.  This is the first month that we decided to go through with this whole process.  I recently had surgery to remove scar tissue in my uterus, which he thinks was caused by multiple m/c (one I knew about)  If there were others I did not know because I refused to take HPT due to the disappointment staring me back in the face.  The cycle I began by taking folic acid 1mg, prenatal vit., folguard, baby asprin.  Days 3-7 I took half of  25mg clomid pills and had to use an estrogen patch.  I went in for u/s and I have 3 follies 13, 15, 15.  They had me take 50 mg follistim for four days.  Next u/s everything was good...I had two matture follies 24, and 22... I took trigger shot, two IUIs now I am giving myself Heprin injections.  Is this all normal...especially with unexplained infertility...MTHFR is blood clotting issue!?  I guess I want someone to tell me that this is going to work the first time and everything looks great, but the chances of success are so low.  Anyone have advice?  Thanks so much
Best of luck to all of you currently in your 2ww, im currently in my 2ww its hard but trying to keep myself busy. this time next week im able to test
dear wants2beamommey

what are ur results? sorry im askin like that, its jus that i got my frst iui few days back 25th march 2011, its been 5 days now and its killing me! i cannot wait 2 see what the result is! DH and i have been tryin a year, his sperm count and motility is perfect but i have PCOS, took chlomid course and hcg shot, and next day had iui done, we also had intercourse 48 hours after the iui, they encourage it.
im 25 years old, and hoping for a baby as well! hope ur positive, will give me some hope! best of luck!
Hi Everyone
I had my 4 IUI and today is 8 DPIUI. My RE called Yesterday with progesterone results
37.8. I had two follicles 20mm  and 21 mm.She said my levels are great and we don't have any male or female infertility problems. But still dont know why its not working.
i dont have any symptoms that indicates preg except tender nipples which i get every time. Can these levels indicates any pregnancy?
Hi all!

I just wanted to share that I am also in the dreaded 2ww.  I had m 2nd IUI 5 days ago.  This time my DH was out of town for business so luckily he had given a sperm sample the week before which they froze it for an instance like that...once they washed it they only got 8 million good sperm which dr says lessens our chances a little as over 10million is the best....anyone have any success stories with sperm count below 10million and using previously frozen sperm?  Also, since my progesterone was low last time the dr told me to go ahead and do the supplements after IUI which has made me super emotional (well that's what I blame it on anyway, ha!)...
Please pray for me I did my 1st IUI on last saturday and today is day 6/10 still patiently waiting for next week to know the result. Please pray for me. I was just reading threw all the comments and it's very encouraging especially during this 2ww.  
hi
hi today is the fourth day after i did my first iui.im on cap microprogesta 200mg today im feeling pukish and very weak...anyone knows y?
hey reni all da best to u ..will definitely be positive.im waiting tooo will know on the 2nd of aug abt my results
Viewing 401-425 comments: