Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
3dp5dt

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

3dp5dt

I am new to this site.... I am 3dp5dt and I am driving myself crazy. A little about me: I am 29, I have 4 girls, had my tubes tied in 2004 and untied in 2007 resulting in an ectopic pregnancy with emergency removal of my left tube, This is my 1st IVF attempt. When should I take an HPT. I don't know what I expected to feel, I guess I expected to feel something different.....The only thing I have noticed is my breasts a little more tender, but that could be from the meds. Any advice for this 2ww would be appreciated.....I think I am going to go crazy.
ahhhh, I was just like you a few days ago!  I am 8dp5dt.  I had cramping like AF as well as lower back pain.  Totally felt like I was going to start my period.  I have my beta in the morning, but I got a BFP on Sunday!  It wasn't even with an early result test, it was with a test that you have to take the day of your missed period or after.   I went and bought an early result one and had a darker line, and that was yesterday, which was 7dp5dt.  I'm really excited to go for my beta tomorrow because I want to see where my numbers are.  I think three days is a little early.  But, like I said before, my symptoms were just a lot of cramping.  Sore boobs too, but I think that is the progesterone in oil (PIO).  Oh, and I was more tired than usually, but kinda chalked that up to the PIO.  I was a little curious about the cramping though....

Good luck, I can't wait to see what kind of results you get!!!  

By the way, I have three children, and have only been pregnant three times...with them.  And I remember having symptoms only AFTER my missed period.  I was never an early symptom kind of girl...
I am soooo excited for you!!! I hope your numbers will be great. Who knows it could be more than one depending on how many you had transferred. You know it's funny that you mentioned that.......Thinking back I never had any symptoms with my other pregnancies except for fatigue until after my BFP.  I had 3 pregnancies that resulted in 4 girls....one pregnancy was twins. I was what they called "fertile myrtle" Sorry if I spelled it wrong. I was 22 and expecting my 3rd and 4th babies, the doctors kept pushing to tie my tubes and a twin pregnancy is never the time to make that decision!!!! I have regretted it ever since. I finished nursing school last year and I am hoping my dream of another will come true. So how do you keep yourself from going insane while waiting??? Good luck tommorrow and please post and let me know how everything went!