3rd IVF and sad about amount of follicles
I am doing my 3rd IVF now. I had been getting Follistim and repronex shots. Today I had my scan and RE said that she expects 5-6 follicles to mature. I am very upset, because I was hoping for more follicles. Just sad.
Hi there.  Try to keep your chin up.  It is my firm belief that more is not always better when it comes to follicle stimulation.  I had 9 eggs retrieved, of which 8 fertilized.  I have read many posts where some woman have in the 20's, and only 8 fertilize.  So, try not to be too disappointed, but optimistic that you have 5 or 6 quality follicles.  And, we all know, it only takes one to make a baby!!!

Good luck to you and keep us all posted on your progress.  You are in my prayers.
Thank you. Last 2 IVFs I had about 7-8 follicles and 6 was fertilized first time and about 4 was ferilized second time. They all were very good quality. My RE says the same, more is not always good. I just need to be positive, altough it is very hard after i failed IVFs. Will keep you posted.
I agree, this time is quality not quantity. One great egg is better than 10 bad eggs :)
5-6 is a FINE number...my RE said that anything over 4 is acceptable.  If they retrieve 6 maybe 4 of them will fertlize and they'll stick two back in.  I wouldnt be upset with this number at all!
Good luck:)
don't worry 5-6 follies, you just need one good egg!!
I had 24 eggs and only 2 good ones out of the bunch.
Good luck to you
Sticky sticky baby dust, keep positive thoughts
Don't be so disheartened. I must tell you that 2 days before my retrieval I had only 2 eggs but my doc decided to go ahead with my IVF anyway. I was a little bummed. I took my HCG shot to ready myself for the retrieval. Finally they retrieved 3 eggs-one just appeared from somewhere in 2 days. I was so happy with that extra one they found. All three fertilized and were transferred. And now I'm 5 weeks and 3 days expecting twins. All the best....and don't stress yourself out.
I am very happy for you. I hope this turns out to be  BFP. Good luck
It only takes one good one to get preggers!!!!
I am 45 and just had my first IVF cycle. Everything is going GREAT! Had 5 eggs at retrieval, 4 matured, 3 fertilized. One was a grade 1, the other 2 were grade 2. My Dr. was very excited by my egg quality. His office is still in amazement that a woman 45 could produce such top quality eggs. Pregnancy test to be done on 6/18. Am so nervous. But feel in my heart this will be a success.
Thank you for your positive aditude.

Dena- Congratulations on your pregnancy. Reading positive outcomes give me a lot of hope.