Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
4 days of positive opk

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

4 days of positive opk

Has anyone ever had 4 days of positive opk? At what point in the 4 days would you guess I ovulate? I bd'ed the 2 days before my first positive and bd'ed on the first 2 days of the positive opks but did not bd on the 3rd or 4th day of positives...dh is out of town =( do you think i still have a chance?
Four days is not a common occurence. Are you sure they were all pos and not just really close? Most brands are not pos if the line is as dark as the control line, but not as thick. Is this the 1st time you have gotten that many pos in a row? Normally, even if 2 pos opks in a row, o occurs 12-36hrs after the last pos.

Multiple pos opks can be an indication for pcos or a functional cyst also.
Hi.  The same thing happened to me last cycle & I don't know what to make of it.  Fertilityfriend.com clearly showed I O'd (with the temp rise), but before and during I had four positive opks in a row.  I use ClearBlue digital opks, which show a happy face or empty face just so I don't have to guess, so it definitely was 4 positives in a row.  I would have kept testing, but ran out after the four.  After that tww, AF came right on time & now this cycle I'm 2DPO after only having 1 positive opk Tues evening, a positive Wed. a.m., but negative in the p.m. and this morning.  It seems that I'm back on track.  So, maybe it was a fluke.  I was confused, too, though ??  I'm interested in finding out about the functional cyst that tina wrote about.
I would think that if you bd'd in that timeframe, you have a great chance :)  Good luck to you !  
An ovarian cyst is a sac on the ovary that comes from a follicle. Sometimes, it is just fluid filled and other times it is the remains of an immature egg that did not dissolve nor release. Your body can react in different ways to different types of cysts. Mine, they deemed "functional". Huh? I said. Dr described it as my body either a, thinks it's pg from the cyst or b, thinks it's still needing to o and calling for more Lh. Lh helps dissolve the follicle that holds the egg until it's released. OPKs, obviously will remain pos as long as either one of these are happening. When women have pcos, they will usually also record many pos opks. Sometimes, every day, run of the mill, cysts do not interfere with them. Cysts are VERY common and usually resolve themselves. However, if they do go unchecked and grow out of control, can be life threatening. Fertility meds are well known for causing cysts. If you are on them, it is wise to be monitored. It really concerns me when I see drs rx Clomid, etc and not do an u/s at least every other month to keep an eye on it.  HTH
Yeah, I was gonna ask if you have PCOS, because I know that it can cause elevated levels of LH and that the OPK's sometimes aren't effective because of it.
to my knowledge I do not have pcos. I always have regular periods and bbt seems to always confirm ovulation. i though pcos caused irregular periods and no ovulation. can you have pcos and have regular periods and ovulate? I seem to always have at least 3 days ok positive opks. I am not on fertility drugs yet. I just went to my first fertility dr check up.
At the beginning of ttc i would have negative opks and then around cd17 or so would ALWAYS get a positive opk then stopped testing.. , one month near AF when i had gotten a faint positive (chem preg) on an hpt, i used an opk becuase i was curious (and i had extras) it was strongly positive which i thought was wierd.. Anyhow,to answer your question - yes I just got diagnosis with PCOS today, and have no symptoms other than the ultrasound showing lots of follies and having a stronger LH hormone in my system (for curiousity i tested with opks at the beginning of my cycle and they were positive this month! ugh!)  I always have a normal AF every 30 days and have never had any irregularities except premenstrual spotting 3-4 days, but my endo seemed to be the cause of that...
  However, if you had a follie that didnt' rupture or release for some reason your body may be still releasing LH to try to bust the follie to release the egg, therefore giving you more days of positive opks.. sometimes thats how cysts form.. that is fairly common i think!    GOOD LUCK! keep us updtaed!
well i got my blood test results back and the good news is the dr says by the looks of my levels i am ovulating on my own but the bad news is my pap smear came back abnormal!!! I had to have a cone biopsy done on 4/21 then started my af 2 days later. This is the 2nd cone biospy i have had. The first one was 3 years ago and it was followed by a LEEP. I got pregnant 3 months after the LEEP but had a m/c. I really hope I don't have to have another LEEP!!! Having the biopsy was bad enough. But as I sat there waiting nevously for the dr I just kept thinking to myself, come on girl this pain is nothing compared to child birth!
Well for this cycle the dr is going to do an ovarian ultrasound on day 10...so the stress will continue on for another month. This has been one bad week..I'm glad its over.
Gosh, so sorry to hear about all of that!!! well I hope it makes you get even closer to your BFP !:  )   good luck and keep us updated! : )
What a bad week, huh?!  I'm sorry you're going through all this, but it's good that you're getting treated.  Take care & try not to stress too much ! (I know... yeah, right).  Best wishes to you !!!  Keep in touch :)