40+ & high FSH
My husband & had our DD when I was 37 & he was 36, no problem (only 3 months of TTC). Now I am 40 (he is 39) & after 8 months of TTC & 2 chemical pregnancies, I have just found out that my day 3 FSH is 15.3.  We have an appointment with an RE next month (Dr. Preston Sacks), but I am craving information now. Anyone age 40 or older with similar FSH levels have success in having a baby?  I think we could stomach a single round of IVF - financially & emotionally - but am not sure we have it in us to try multiple times ... plus, even a single round would produce a sibling 4 years younger than our DD, and I am not sure I want a greater age difference.  He is open to adoption (I am not sure), and both of us are wary of a donor egg.  But, I am very serious about wanting our DD to have a sibling, one way or another.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
318181 tn?1336447096
Hi Erin! First of all, I would suggest you also post your question on the Pregnancy 35+ forum, as I know there are women on there who have been or are currently pregnant at age 40 or above. As for your FSH level, you're right, it is elevated. I think seeing an RE is a good idea, as he or she can also check your antral (resting) follicle count, and maybe do a few other tests, to get a better idea of your ovarian reserve. Best of luck with everything!

Here's the link to the Pregnancy 35+ board:

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Pregnancy-35/show/89
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources