Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
5 days of positive opks?!! What does this mean?!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I had a very positive OPK this past Monday (tested 3 times that day and all were very positive).  Then I tested again on Tuesday and it was still positive.  I tested once yesterday and again this morning and both of those were very positive (meaning the test line is darker than control line).  What the heck is going on?!  Could this mean I'm ovulating twice?  I have been experiencing ovulation pain from both my right and left ovary (which usually happens in the beginning of my cycle but towards the middle, the right one always seems to take over).  But this time both ovaries have been twisting and pinching.  

My temperature has been between 97.7 and 97.9 over the past few days and today it was 98.  

We BDd last night (and every other night before that from when I got the positive opk).  We were going to skip BDing tonight but do it again tomorrow night.

Any thoughts?  I'm confused!
Were there any differences in shade of the color lines between the different days? It's not very common to ovulate more than one egg unless you're on fertility medication; and even then, you would only have one LH surge with the eggs releasing within 24 hours of each other. Are you taking your temps first thing in the morning (BBT)?
Thanks for your response!

I am on Clomid 100 mgs cycle days 5-9...don't know if that matters.

All the test lines were darker than the control lines and I thought they were all the same colors.  I did save them so I guess I can go and compare!

And yup..I do take my temp. first thing in the morning before doing anything else.  It's just so confusing.  I guess I just have to hope that I caught that lil' eggie!  I just don't know whether to BD again tonight or tomorrow.  I'm leaning towards just doing it sometime tomorrow during the day as my bits could use a little break..hehe.
Would you happen to have PCOS? I was told they(opks) were unreliable because of false positives on them because of the high LH hormone level.. So that could be a possibilty as to why you are getting so many positives?
Hi andria: nope I don't have pcos.  They had pretty much ruled it out for me and then confirmed based on u/s (and lack of cysts/evidence of cysts).  So who knows.  I guess I should stop trying to drive myself crazy over this!  :)

PS-thanks for your response!