Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
5 weeks pregnant and brown spotting
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

5 weeks pregnant and brown spotting

Im 5 weeks pregnant and i have being having little bits of very dark brown on my pants!! its only a little and some times if i wipe my self but its very dark almost lik if you was going for a number 2!! I had a miscarrage (miscarriage) before this pregnacy so im scared.... I have being having this since the 3rd of june!! some people say its just getting rid of thold blood... can some one help and maybe tell me is it normal ???
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1346146_tn?1299364097
Typically any kind of spotting is not normal but its not uncommon either.  It doesn't always mean a m/c.  I had outright bleeding with my first son and carried him to term and he now a healthy almost nine year old. Spotting can be from a number of things including sex,a uti, infection, etc.  I would call ur dr and have ur hcg and progesterone levels tested to make sure they r rising properly.  Good luck to u.
Blank
318181_tn?1336447096
Also, if you happen to be on a vaginal progesterone supplement, that too can cause some brownish spotting, but like trying said, always call and let your doctor know. Best wishes for a happy, healthy pregnancy!
Blank
I also had this experience im now 5 wks pregnant,ihad darkbrownd discharge like period.But my sacn will on dec 11.what should i need to do?i already spoke the nurse from the clinic that we had my IVF.is this normal.please help me.
Blank
318181_tn?1336447096
What did your nurse say? If it's heavy like a period, I would go in. It doesn't necessarily mean that something's wrong. Some women bleed throughout their pregnancies and have healthy babies. And brown, just means old blood. Best of luck with everything!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank