Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
5dp5dt today and HPT is negative

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

5dp5dt today and HPT is negative

Hello. I am 5dp5dt today and I tested with internet test (cassette) and it was negative. Now I am starting to think that this cycle is a bust. This is my 3rd IVF and I am getting tired of this whole TTC. My Beta is on 07/03. Did anybody get BFN on 5dp5dt and BFP on blood test?
The IVF counting really messes me up. But, from what I was told by someone here doing IVF, they don't necessarily implant upon transfer. They can "hang out" in there for a couple of days then implant. So, it very well could be too early. When is the blood test? Monday?
Blood test is on Tuesday.
I think it was Javajess that helped me understand the process. I say don't give up hope this early in the game. Five days is just a drop in the bucket. :)
You are way too early!
I tested with an internet HPT the morning of my beta after IVF and it was negative..and then the blood test came positive (unfortunately it was an ectopic).
hang in there!
Super baby dust,
Miky
Way tooooooo early.....It has to implant first which takes 2-3 days and then start the numbers and doubling.....still too early...don't give up yet!!!!  Keep yourself busy and stay positive!!!  Can't wait to hear about your BFP!!!
Jacquie
don't lose hope yet!!! It is still early!!!
It is way too early. 5dp5dt is like 10 days past ovulation, so given that ovulation to the start of your next period is around 14 days you are about 4 days too early to get a reliable result. Some of the home pregnancy kits will actually tell you the percentage of pregnancy the kit catches depending on how early you are testing (the date of missed period 99%, 1 day before 90%, etc etc).  I remember that if you are 4 days early, the test will catch about 50% only. Check yours to see if it tells you the percentage, but you are way too early, so don't despair yet!
I understand completely what u are going through. I am 5dpt and I did a hpt this am and got a BFN. My beta i on 7/25/07. This 2ww is absolutely torture!!!