Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
6 Days Post-IVF Transfer; no symptoms. Is there still hope?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Hi There,

I have read so many uplifting experiences of a successful pregnancy and I am so happy for all of you.  My heart goes out to everyone who is going through what we all are going through.  But right now, I am going through my own ordeal and could not find anyone who is going through the same experience...I have no symptoms at all.  Is it the obvious?  That I am not pregnant. Or is there still a possibility and that I just need to wait until my HCG appt.  I have read everyone's experience and their symptoms, but none on someone who had no symptoms but was pregnant.  I have read and searched all forums but found no information on my experience.

Sincerely m_aloha

There is always hope..and I have read many posts about ppl not feeling anything and being preg. In most cases you don't have any symptoms during the implantation process. Have patience..you will drive yourself crazy!! Just wait it out!!

Good luck to you!!
SSBD!!
Thank you very much for responding.  I greatly appreciate the time that you took to try to ease the way I am feeling.  I really mean your response has given me some hope.  I have been going on this emotional roller coaster like everyone else, but the only difference is having no symptoms. Well, I hope I am pregnant and just lucky to have no crazy symptoms.  I'll just try to relax and let the implantation process do what it suppose to be doing.

Sincerely,

m_aloha
I had no symptoms when I was pregnant with my daughter but again, that was years ago and I was not on fertility drugs that mess your body/mind and make you so hypersensitive to not having/having symptoms.

There is ALWAYS hope.....  Science does its best, but only God will send you that baby. I had four failed IVF for the last year and it is very discouraging but I will keep on trying.

Good luck to you!!!!
When was your transfer or O date?  How far past are you?  When is your BETA? Plenty of woman are pregnant and have 0 symptoms... Do Not Give Up HOPE!  You dont know what day you implanted, and it is sooo early into it, it is common not to have any symptoms.  If you find out you are BFP, a little light might go off and you may say "oh, that explains why I was feeling..." Sometimes we just don't know what we're looking for : )

Good Luck to you... and I'm hoping for Sticky Babies for you!!!!
Tons of Baby dust headed your way!
Last year when I had a failed IVF, I had every symptom possible.  Boobs hurting, nausea, morning sickness etc.  The 2nd time when my IVF was successfull, I had no symptoms and was positive that it had failed because I had no symptoms but guess what my 1st BETA was 700 and I am even now very pregnant.  So I think no symptoms is a good sign.  Also, I think you tested too early.  If you had a 5 day transfer wait until  7 dpt and if you had a 3 day wait until 9 dpt.  Keep your hopes up because from what I experienced I think you are pregnant.  Good luck
My FET was last Wednesday, 03/24/10.  This is my second time around.  Last year, I had all the symptoms:  sensitive sore breasts, nausea, and mornng sickness.  I was positive with twins and then at 9 weeks lost both.  I am quite nervous this time around, of course this is common for many of us who are going through this.
I didn't test yet, my HCG appt is this coming Friday.  Thanks everyone!  I am going back to work today to keep my mind off of all of this.  Have a great day and thanks for wishing me luck, I need all the baby dusts headed my way.
I forgot to congratulate you on pregnancy.  So , "CONGRATULATIONS!!!!"
I did my FET on March 25th : )  I don't test until April 9th though.... Mine was a three day...
I hope you the very best of luck and will get to hear that one beautiful word we all want to hear,"positive".

Sincerely,
m_aloha
I would wait to test until day 8 or 9......I think you tested too early.
I haven't tested yet.  I only went for the Frozen Embyo Transfer on March 24th (last week Wednesday).  My HCG is scheduled for this coming Friday, April 02.  I was just wondering if there were anyone out there who is going through all of this but has no symptoms and still could be positive.  It just seems that everyone who are logging into these forums are having symptoms...and I wasn't.  I couldn't find any concerns about having no symptoms with the end result of being "positive".  I started to lose hope and faith.  And I just didn't want to kid myself.  But, missienal, Mariana101, mvh, and Mamom15 responded back to me and made me feel at ease.  I am going to keep praying and keep my fingers crossed, because there is hope afterall.

Sincerely,

m_aloha    

I read you post so just to let you know that when I had first IVF i had so many symptoms and I conceived but then my HCG didn't increased and I miscarried . I had 2nd IVF in February and I am 9 weeks pregnant this time I had no symptoms until 6 weeks so keep faith. You will be fine...
Bless your sweet heart!  As time goes by and each and everyone of you responding back to me...it is making me feel so much better.  Thank you all so very much and I wish everyone the best!

Sincerely,

m_aloha
I know exactly how you feel....i went through the same thing where I had no symptoms.  I  POS everyday! I convinced myself that my IVF cycle didn't work. I was so convinced that I wasn't pregnant that I even had sex before I was suppose to. I was so fed up and discouraged by the negative PT's i even stopped taking the progestrone shots a day early. Then my Dr. called the next day and told me I was pregnant...i couldn't believe it.  It wasn't until i was a good 3 months pregnant that I felt pregnant. now i'm 39 weeks and scheduled to have a c section on friday april 2nd...stay strong!!!!
Oh my, you certainly brought tears to my eyes.  Tears of happiness and joy for you.  Thank you very much for your support.  I am so happy that I posted my concern, because I was really feeling down because everyone posted something different from what I was going through.

Thank you everyone and have a good nite!!

Sincerely,

m_aloha
I didnt have symptoms either; only light AF like cramps in my abdomen and back.  
Hi, can't wait to hear your positive news tomorrow.  Good luck!  Don't stress, remember stress is not good for your baby.  Go in with no expectations and 36 weeks from now you will have your bundle of joy.  Goodluck!! SSBD
Since I am new to all this communication on-line...I don't know some of the acronyms some of you have been using.  For example, what is SSBD, AF, an POS?  Some stuff I can figure out but those three I have no clue what they stand for.

Sincerely,

m_aloha
Hi...how this helps. I know it's quite a bit but it will come in handy as you navigate through the forums.

Fertility Acronyms

tww - two week wait

af - aunt flo (period)

bd - baby dance (sex)

dh - dear husband

db - dear boyfriend

dd - dear daughter

ds - dear son or donor sperm

hpt - home pregnancy test

beta - blood work pregnancy test

re - reproductive endocrinologist

mc - miscarriage

bbt - basal body temperature

dpo - days past ovulation

dpiui/ivf - days past intrauterine insemination/in-vitro fertilization

bfp - big fat positive

bfn - big fat negative

bbs-breasts

opk-ovulation predictor kit

fet-frozen embryo transfer

AAMOF - As A Matter Of Fact
ACA - Anti-Cardiolopin Antibodies
ADN - Any Day Now
AF - Aunt Flo - Menstrual Cycle
AH,AZH - Assisted Hatching
AHI - At-home Insemination
AI - Artificial Insemination
AIH - Artificial Insemination from Husband
AKA - Also Known As
AO - Anovulation
AOA,AVA - Anti-ovarian Antibody
ART - Assisted Reproductive Technology
ATM - At The Moment
AWOL - A Woman On Lupron

B
B4 - Before
B4N - Before Now
BA - Baby Aspirin
BABYDUST - Good wishes vibe for getting pregnant
BBL - Be Back Later
BBT - Basal Body Temperature
BBs - BooBies AKA Breasts
B/C - Because
BC - Birth Control
BCP - Birth Control Pills
BD - Baby Dance (intercourse)
BF - BreastFed, BoyFriend
BFN - Big Fat Negative (Neg Pregnancy Test)
BFP - Big Fat Positive! (Positive Pregnancy Test)
BIL - Brother InLaw

C
C# - Cycle Number
CB - Cycle Buddy
CD - Cycle Day
CF - Cervical Fluid
CM - Cervical Mucus
CP - Cervical Position
CNM - CertifiedNurseMidwife

D
DA - Dear Angel
DH - Dear Husband
DP - Dear Partner
DD - Dear daughter
DS - Dear Son
DSD - Dear Step-Daughter
DSS - Dear Step-Son
D&C - Dilation & Curettage
D&E - Dilation & Evacuation
DPO - Days Post-Ovulation
DPC - Days Since Last Clomid pill was taken
DPR - Days Post-Retrieval
DPT - Days Post-Transfer
Dx - Diagnosis

E
E2 - Estradiol
EB,EMB - Endometrial Biopsy
EDD - Estimated Due Date
ENDO - Endometriosis
EG - Evil Grin
EOD - End Of Discussion
EPO - Evening Primrose Oil
EPT - Early Pregnancy Test
ESP - ESPecially
ET - Embryo Transfer
EW,EWCM - Eggwhite Cervical Mucus

F
FET - Frozen Embryo Transfer
FHR - Fetal Heart Rate
FIL - Father in law
FP - Follicular Phase
FSH - Follicle Stimulating Hormone
FBOW - For Better Or Worse
FRER - First Response Early Result (hpt)

FTTA - Fertile Thoughts To All
FUR - False Unicorn Root
FV - Fertile Vibes
FYA - For Your Amusement
FYI - For Your Information

G
G - Grin
GAFIA - Get Away From It All
GAL- Get A Life
GFY - Good For You
GG- Gotta Go
GIFT - Gamete Intra-fallopianTransfer
GMTA - Great Minds Think Alike
GnRH - Gonadotropin Releasing Hormone
GP - General Practitioner

H
HAGD - Have A Great Day
HAND - Have A Nice Day
hCG,HCG - Human Chorionic Gonadotropin
hMG,HMG - Human Menopausal Gonadotropin
HPT - Home Pregnancy Test
HRT - Hormone Replacement Therapy
HSC - Hysteroscopy
HSG - Hysterosalpingogram
HTH - Hope That Helps
HUTH - Hang Up The Horns

I
IAC - In Any Case
IAE - In Any Event
ICI - Intra-cervical Insemination
ICSI - Intra-cytoplasmic Sperm Injection
ICBW - I Could Be Wrong
IDTT - I'll Drink To That
IIRC - If I Recall Correctly
IM - Instant Message (Instant Messaging)
IF - Infertility
IMAO - In My Arrogant Opinion
IMBO - In My Biased Opinion
IMCO - In My Considered Opinion
IME - In My Experience
IMHO - In My Honest/Humble Opinion
IMNSHO - In My Not So Humble Opinion
IMO - In My Opinion
INPO - In No Particular Order
IOW - In Other Words
IRL - In Real Life
ITI - Intra-tubal Insemination
IUI - Intra-uterine Insemination
IVF - InVitro Fertilization

J
JIC - Just In Case
J/K - Just Kidding
JMO - Just My Opinion
JTYWLTK - Just Thought You Would Like To Know

K
KISS - Keep It Simple Sweetheart (Stupid)
KUP - Keep us posted
KWIM - Know What I Mean

L
LAP - Laparoscopy
LH - Luteinizing Hormone
LMP - Last Menstrual Period (startdate)
LMAO - Laughing My Ankles (A**) Off
LMBO - Laughing My Butt Off
LO - Love Olympics (sex)
LOL - Laugh Out Loud
LP - Luteal Phase
LPD - Luteal Phase Defect
LSP - Low Sperm Count
LUF,LUFS - Luteinized Unruptured Follicle Syndrome

M
MC,m/c - Miscarriage
MF - MaleFactor

MGSBYW  (May God Send Baby/Blessings Your Way)
MIFT - Micro Injection Fallopian Transfer
MIL - Mother in law
M/S, MS - Morning Sickness

N
NA (N/A) - Not Applicable, Not Appropriate
NAK - Nursing At Keyboard
Newbie - New to the Internet or Bulletin Board
NFP - Natural Family Planning
NIPing - Nursing In Public
NMP - Not My Problem
NP - No Problem
NPI - No Pun Intended
NRN - No Reply Necessary
NT - No Text

O
O - Ovulation, Ovulated
OB - Obstetrician
OB/GYN - Obstetrician/Gynecologist
OC - Oral Contraceptives
OD - Ovulatory Dysfunction
OHT - One-Handed Typing
OP - Other Poster/Original Poster

OHSS - Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome
OIC - Oh I (C) See
OMG - Oh My God
OPK - Ovulation Predictor Kit
OPT - Ovulation Predictor Test
OT - Off Topic
OTOH - On The Other Hand
OTS - Off The Subject
OTC - Over The Counter

P
PPAF - Post-Pardom Aunt Flo
PCO - Polycystic Ovaries
PCOD - Polycystic Ovary Disease
PCOS - Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
PCP - Primary Care Physician
PCT - Post Coital Test
PG - Pregnant
PID - Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
PMS - Pre-menstrual Syndrome
POAS - Pee on a stick (Home Pregnancy Test)
PPL - PeoPLe
PTL - Praise The Lord
PU - That Stinks

R
RE - Reproductive Endocrinologist
R-FSH - Recombinant Human Follicle Stimulating Hormone
RI - Reproductive Immunologist
Rx - Prescription

S
SA - Semen Analysis
SAHD - Stay-At-Home Dad
SAHM - Stay-At-Home Mom
SB - Step-Brother
SBT - Sad But True
SD - Step-Daughter / Step-Dad
SFAIAA - So Far As I Am Aware
SF - Step-Father
SFMP - Sorry For Multiple Posts
SHG - Sonohysterogram

SOIA! - Sick of it all!
SIL - Sister in law
SITD - Still In The Dark
SM - Step-Mom (Mother)
SNS - Supplemental Nursing System
SMEP - Sperm Meets Egg Plan
SS - Step-Son / Step-Sister
SO - Significant Other
STD - Sexually Transmitted Disease

T
TAFT - That's A Frightening Thought
TAYL - Talk At You Later
TCOYF -Taking Care of Your Fertility
TFIC - Tongue Firmly In Cheek
THX - Thanks
TIA- Thanks In Advance
TIC - Tongue In Cheek
TIME - Tears In My Eyes
TMI - Too Much Information
toh - typing one-handed
TPTB - The Powers That Be
TTC - Trying To Conceive
TTFN - Ta-Ta For Now
TTYL - Talk To You Later
TTYS - Talk To You Soon
TWIMC - To Whom It May Concern
TWW - Two week wait (also 2WW)
TY - Thank You
TYVM - Thank You Very Much
TR - Tubal Reversal
Tx - Treatment

U
UR - Urologist
U/S - Ultrasound
UTI - Urinary Tract Infection

V
V - Vasectomy
VR - Vasectomy Reversal

W
WAHD - Work-At-Home-Dad
WAHM - Work-At-Home-Mom
WB - Welcome Back
WFM - Works For Me
WEG - Wicked Evil Grin
W/O - WithOut
WNL - Within Normal Limits
WOHM - Work Out of Home Mom
WRT - With Regard To
WTG - Way To Go
WTH - What The Heck??
WU? - What's Up?
WYSIWYG - What You See Is What You Get

Z
ZIFT - Zygote Intra-fallopian Transfer

General Posting Acronyms

btw - by the way

imho/imo - in my humble opinion/in my opinion

qq - quick question

kwim - know what I mean?

Thanks!  I knew the medical acronyms because I am an RN.  But non-medical acronyms was what stumped me.  All this time I though "lol" meant lots of love...who came up with laugh out loud?  Have a good nite...
Funny, I had tons of symptoms too with my first FET I knew I was pregnant before any test told me.... and it was positive, but I also m/c'd.  

With this FET, I am just having alot of lower stomach cramps, and I am CONVIENCED it didn't work because I am not having ANY of the symptoms I did the first time!  

You have given me hope to believe that Maybe, Just Maybe I'll still get that BFP!!!  I am 7dpt today.

Thanks for your input!  You haven given me hope!!

BD to Everyone!!

Melissa
Thank you for your support...results are ngeative.  Options are that I can do a back to back or wait for emotional recovery.  As soon as my period, I will see the MD to discuss further.  I would like to do the back to back, but the only thing that may hold me back is my flight plans to fly back home to Hawaii for a week.  Reservations were just made by work and it will be difficult for me to back out...will see.

Enjoy the weekend and Happy Easter!

m_aoha
I am sorry to hear your news : (  
but am glad to hear your not giving up!!!  Take care, and we are here if you need to talk.

Melissa
I am so sorry to hear about your news, I was hoping to hear something different but oh well.  I wanted to to share with you that after my first failed IVF I did a back to back and that worked for me.  I have hear that back to back is more successfull and it was certainly less stressfull for me
Thanks for the info on your back-to-back.  I plan to do the back-to-back afterall.  I feel positive this time around.
Hearing the result as being negative was not as bad as I thought.  I handled it so much better compared to my first IVF.  I guess the difference was being positive up to 9 weeks and then having a m/c and then 2 weeks later having another m/c made me lose it.
I hope IVF #3 will be my time!!  I definitely am not going to give up.
I had no symptoms and was sure our first go with IVF didnt work how ever it did we are now 6 wks. we only had one egg that could be used and shows it only takes one :) the whole 2ww is the worse but stay positive i feel your pain iv been there - it always seems like you are waiting but hopefully for a positive result x AMY
Fg
I'm on my 8days after 5day transfer my beta will be in 3days more. This 2ww is a killer! I been cramping off an on, got sore boobs but disappear after 4days transfer, other than that I feel good, and I have no idea if that's good or not I'm freakin out already! I been emotional and can't stop crying praying for Gods miracle!
This is my 2nd cycle of IVF 1st was a MC. 2nd transfer was frozen embryo left from the 1st retrieval but went negative! Then now was fresh retrieval and I'm so emotional about it afraid of failure again because of not having any freakin symptoms!:(

I'm attempt to do PT but I'm afraid to it:( pls any idea pls to raise my emotion into positive out look.

Yen2x

How those it go?  Waiting to read from you dear.  Wish you the very best
Thank u this list is very helpful ...  :-)
Im currently experiencing NOTHING and I'm curious to know if you indeed were pregnant? I'm getting discouraged......
I just wanted to let you know, I had NO symptoms at all during my 2ww.  I kept telling people if I hadn't seen the embryos on the u/s, I would swear they forgot to put them in.   I now have 11 week old twins from that transfer :). I actually had NO symptoms at all until about week 10 or so.....hang in there!!!!
i had my ivf on 15 Jan and i m not feeling any thing. no pain no noursea no temperature change.....
can i be pregnant ?
please reply soon.
Hi Shapira, how are you feeling? I had my ET Jan 19 and this Monday is when I check for pregnancy test. I have been cramping on and off. Good luck and just take it easy.
hi, i am new here, my name is Fatima.  I'm on my 8days after 2day transfer my beta will be in 3days more for my test. I feel nausea, cramps, and some pain on my back. However, 2 days i feel some discharge on my underwear. Can you tell me  if anybody felt that. I am so worry.
I also have had no symptoms and waiting for results of my Beta today....I feel great otherwise. I feel like it can't be a great sign that I have no symptoms.
I think it's great to have a forum such as this to post question, concerns and whatever and have the support of others going through the same thing. I am really nervous about today's Beta..I will be 9dp FET that I had at one of the best clinics in the country. We'll see if it was worth it.
Good luck today!!!!!  Let us know how it goes :)
I will definitely let you all know. It's been nerve racking waiting for "the call" from the RE. We have been TTC for 2.5yrs 4 failed IUIs and now unto ivf #1 dt MFI. Thanks for the support!
BFN for me ....just got the call. Depressing :(
Kricket, I am so sorry.  Please know I know  exactly how you are feeling. :(. It was on my seventh transfer that we were successful.  Do you have any frozen embryos?  Oh honey, I know how hard this all is.  I am so sorry.  Please be kind to yourself.  I am here to vent to, if you need to
I know there are no words to comfort you but mhv is right... be kind to yourself, take time to be sad, then get back up and get ready because you are NOT done.
We have 3 embies left! I just spoke with the RE and I just wanted to put some heat on him as to WHY this didn't work. He said everything went smoothly, we had 2 beautiful embryos and for some unexplained reason it just didn't take. He said we had a 60% of it working. I guess there is still hope.
Furthermore, I am a Christian and my pastor and good devout friend told me not to do this...I can't help but feel that they were right about everything. Ughhhh.
Sorry for venting so much!
First off, don't let anyone tell you not to do this.  God made ivf possible for a reason.  I have 2 beautiful children to prove that!  If it weren't for ivf, I would have remained childless forever.  People,who have not experienced infertility first hand, will never, could never ever imagine what we go through.  I don't care how well meaning they are, they are wrong.  I bet 95% of the ladies on here who haven't given up, and kept trying, are now parents.  It was my 7th transfer, 2nd with donor embryos, that we were blessed with twins.  we tried for almost 10 years before we were successful.
You will NEVER hear a person who has experienced infertility tell you to give up on your dream, and not to try every avenue open....NEVER!  

I think my nurse stated it perfectly, you can have the perfect environment, the most beautiful embryos, but the one things doctors cannot predict is mother nature.  No one can explain why 1 cycle may fail and another work, but if we pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and keep trying, we will most likely be successful.

You hold your head high, and you tell your pastor and your devoted friend, that although you hear them, you will be trying again, and God willing, it will be the cycle that pays off.  

You can look here for support...we all understand....more then anyone else.
I am 3dp BFN :(  I feel much less sad today and needed a few shoulders to cry on. We have 2 more tries left but we will will probably not try again if these next 2 transfers don't work. My husband and I refuse to be part of this money making industry that preys on vulnerable desperate couples that are TTC.

I completely understand why my pastor and friend advised against IVF....they have very good reasons. I don't feel like they are completely wrong.  Every child deserves to be born with dignity and love between man and a woman. While thousands of children are being born via IVF, thousands of embryos are being disregarded without so much as a thought. I believe embryos are souls. Does the end justify the means. Only God can answer that. I don't judge anyone but I do understand the arguments against IVF....ultimately I made the choice to do it. In doing so, my husband and I have refused to have multiple embryos made and for the ones that don't make it - we will have a moment of silence once we receive them. Treating them with respect and dignity was very important to us.

Thank You so much for your support!
Well, I used donor embryos, so I helped save s few of those precious embryos :). I never ever take it for granted where my babies came from, and I am grateful everyday to the person that donated them to us..  I understand your position, and I agree some clinics are in it for the $$... But not all.  Believe me, I have been to both kinds.  And even the well meaning one's cannot take over Gods hands and decide which transfers work, and which transfers don't.  That can only be decided by God.  At least that is my opinion.  I can tell you this, the 2 children that we have been blessed with were meant to be ours, and if any of those other 6 transfers would have been successful, I would have never met them.
My husband and I love each other very much, and while we struggled everyday fir yearsvwith pain and disappointment, and my friends drug addicted daughter gets pregnant, and only stays clean for her pregnancy because she is in prison, and has 7 men tested to find out who the father is, only to find out none of the 7 were....I don't believe God has in his mind who should and shouldn't be parents.  

Fertility treatments are not for everyone.  I understand that.  I believe with all my heart though, if you choice to take that path, no one should deter you.  I would spend every cent we have spent again if given the chance to be a mom to the two precious angels sleeping in the room across the hall.  Not everyone disregards their embryos.  I have 6 remaining, and plan to pay it forward once again.  Is it traditional???  NO!  But,  we could never destroy them, I too believe they are souls.  I have living proof of it.

I wish you so much luck in your next transfer, I hope you never have to face the reality of being childless.