6 days after transfer (IVF) and progesterone levels
  Hi girls,
I need your help. I had my transfer 6 days ago and my doctor is saying that my progesterone levels are low. I still have to wait another 3 days for the final test and I am slowly going crazy.
Blood work day 3 - progesterone - 11 and day six - 15. I am on PIO shots since my second blood work.
  Does anybody know what is normal progesterone level and if there are any chance that I am pregnant ?

I do progesterone in oil shots for my ivf cycles (the shots in the behind are soooo much fun!). After about 6 days, I also get my progesterone checked. My clinic looks for anything above 30 although I have heard of others who ask for anything over 20. The level varies from clinic to clinic.

These are my levels for my cycles:
Ivf #1- progesterone 21 (upped meds to 1 1/2 ccs of progesterone) = bfp
Ivf #2- progesterone 56 (stayed at 1 1/2 ccs of progesterone) = bfp
I ended up miscarrying these pregnancies due to an unrelated issue, but my point is that the levels can vary so much and still be positive.

I was told that progesterone level is NOT an indication of pregnancy!

Anything over 10 can sustain a pregnancy and levels vary throughout a pregnancy (and cycle for that matter).

If you are taking oral progesterone or suppositories, the progesterone levels also are lower in the blood work than if you are doing the progesterone shots.

Have you ever visited IVFCONNECTIONS.COM and the bulletin boards there? It is a wealth of knowledge about all things related to ivf. I highly suggest you visit the site (I know there are already questions and answers on this topic there). They have a forum for all parts of the ivf process! I love that place.

Lastly, if your levels are on the lower side, your RE should be adjusting your meds to help increase them. If they haven't given you a change in dosage, make sure they do.

I wish you luck! Stacie
I dont know a thing about IVF, are your progesterone levels supposed to be higher than normal fertilization?

My doctor has said that anything above 10 is good enough to sustain an early pregnancy. If it stays low like that then they need to put you on progesterone.... but a level of 15 is good enough to hold you for a brief while if you are pregnant.........