Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
6 weeks pregnant and symtoms(symptoms) have gone away is this normal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I am 6 weeks and 4 days pregnant and i found out a last Saturday that i was pregnant.  My breasts were slightly tender and they did enlarge, i have no moring sickness or anything and now i just dont feel pregnant at all.  My boobs are not tender anymore but my nipples sometimes feel abit tender.

Please is this normal for symptoms to go.

I had a miscarriage in 2004 and i now have a wonderful 2 year old little boy.

Just really anxious,
I wouldn't worry.  I know what you mean, my last preg. was horrible!  And I lost a twin early on.  Now I am 5 weeks preg and have to wait another week and a half before my first ultrasound.  I am always on edge.  If I have preg. feelings I wonder if anything is wrong....if I feel fine I wonder if anything is wrong!  So I wouldn't worry about a thing.  As long as you take it easy and there's nothing crazy going on, ie alot of bleeding, ect. I would enjoy feeling great!  Good luck to you!
Your feelings are very common for pregnancy after m/c.
It is very difficult.  Your dr. should do something extra for you.  I had a m/c in Sept 06, and am now 8 weeks pg.  My dr. is doing an u/s every 14 days from
6weeks to 14weeks...for no reason except my peace of mind.  I have already had 2 scans.  There is no medical
reason for the u/s, so he is charging NOTHING for them.

Maybe you should look into a different dr.?
Thank you, sorry to hear about your loss.  Its so hard not to worry about it, my doctor as not been very helpful and i have had to arrange a private scan myself to reasure myself.

I often wonder why we pay national insurance, i strongly think that women who have been through miscarriages, ectopic .... should automatically be sent for an early scan 6 -7 weeks and then the usual ones 12 weeks and 20 weeks.

After 10 weeks the babys heartbeat can be heard on a dopler so at least you can just go down to the doctors and just get them to check the heartbeat.

Worried sick
you are luck to have a doctor like that, very understanding.

I am just being left, everyday is a worry and its or ful, i am seeing midwife on wednesday and going to tell her about how i am feeling and hopefully she will do something about it
your doctor seems great!
hi all i to am in the same boat,i found out i was pregnant last week,after 3 m/c and an eptopic last year,we were told ivf only option,but with being expensive decided start saving,as say i found out last week was pregnant,naturally.went in for scan told was about 4 weeks 5 days,but only saw yolk as they call it,she said very tiny 3mm means nothing to me was still in shock,any how my breasts are growing and tender,and my tummy seemed to get bigger,but now gone back to normal,still got tender breasts.but got wait till 12 week for scan,they wont do any sooner,what stage should i see a heartbeat,ive even bought those monitors you use from home to detect heartbeat but nothing.driving me mad.scared of missed abortion as had no bleeding,the odd twinge nothing major. so 2 questions,what is the yolk,and should i have been worried didnt see baby at my scan had an vaginal scan,good luck to you all.
I think pregancy symptoms come and go during the first 12 weeks, tailing off around 10 weeks. I had the same as you, tender breasts and then they just went away, I unfortunately had a missed miscarriage at 8 weeks. But everyone is different, if you are really worried you can go to any private clinic in the Uk and pay for a scan, not sure how that works in the states though.
I'm sure everything will be fine, try not to worry.
I am 6 weeks pregnant from In virtro and I have a lot of pressure or like throbing pain in my vaginal area.  The doctor says it is my uterus contracting, anyone have this?   I am going Wed, for the first u\s to see if there is more then one baby.