Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
7 dpo

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

7 dpo

okay here goes another fertitily question.  okay i know i bedded around the time of ovulation.  I am now on dpo 7 and am having symptoms like crazy.  I don't know if my mind is playing tricks on me or what..lol  Well on dpo4 i had headaches bad with nausea.  On dpo 5 i had nausea and fatigue, potty time is like on the hour on dpo 6 same thing.  Today i woke up with terrible back pain on my lower left very little nausea and slight twinges in my breast.  I took a test this morning and could have sworn i saw a faint positive could have just been my imagination though. i also have a small amount of ewcm but that is very little.  I normally have thick milky cm around this time.  By the way what is your cm suppose to look like>>>  I am going to test again in 2 days as i read the hcg doubles every 48 hours.  You ladies what do you think.
oh by the way i also had terrible heartburn on dpo 5
bump
bump
hopefully this is a good sign and things go well...i myself am about 2 dpo (from the day i had the ewcm) is that when you start counting?
no i acutally start counting 24 hours after i get a surge.  My body is like clock work.  I get my period every 29 days and my lutal phase is 13 so i ovulate on cd15.  Whats weird is i got ewcm yesterday a week after i ovulated so hopefully that is a good sign
so if i dont know how my body works....the ewcm could be something else??? what could it mean?
i do have 3 kids but they were mostly ooops....i love them dearly but this is the first time i am trying to "plan" and it is harder than i thought.
i have never been one to listen to my  body much, although i am trying...
how do you KNOW when you are ovulating?  i thought that the ewcm was the MOST fertile time meaning PEAK ovulation???
i actually got opk's for about 3 monts to figure out when i was ovulating. And i have now picked up on the signs of when i ovulate.  like for instance i get this twinge in my left ovary when i am about to ovulate but i also get alot of ewcm when i ovulate and then afterwards i dry up like the desert. until the day before my period is to start.
well we are trying to not consciously ttc but it is always in the back of my mind, and lately i have been paying more attention than every before... we both want a baby, but when it happens it happens....
so to get the opk's it would be like saying we were having a problem and whatnot...and we are not ready for that yet. lol

so usually the ewcm is the FIRST day of ovulation???
and what happens when you DO conceive?  do you have any other discharge or what...like i said have not paid a whole lot of attention to what my body tells me up until now...lol
an opk is just to determine when you ovulate.  its to help you not him so you can get intune with your body.  like you know everyone is different but i first get ecwm the day of my surge which is 24 to 36 hours before i ovulate.  That is what the opk's are for they give you a heads up before ovulation takes place.  Its saying hey a egg is comming in the next 24 to 36 hours time to bed.  you can also use the thermometer method. but that will only tell you that you have ovulated then it will be too late.
oh ok... i thought that the ewcm was the ONSET of ovulation and that if you bed on that day/night that it is the MOST fertile time to get pg...
woooohoooooo i got another faint positive.  i am going to wait til the day of my period to test again.  I am so in shock.  i will probably test everyday next week even though i am saying i will test the day of my missed period.  like with me with my first i knew the day i got pregnant.  I felt in my heart that i was pregnant and like this time i just have that feeling that i am i just want to make sure it isn't chemical and i need to reassure myself with a strong hpt.  
what is a chemical??  i thought it is very rare to have a false positive
A pregnancy is called a chemical pregnancy if you test positive for pregnancy but start you period a few days later meaning the baby didn't attach itself to the lining.
and my cervix is soft so that is definately a plus.  after ovulation your cervix is suppose to get hard like your nose and if it is soft it is suppose to feel like your lips. I am definately over the moon it has been 7 months almost on trying to concieve (conceive) after a miscarriage.  
i am sorry to hear about your miscarriage...and so a chemical pregnancy is basically a very early miscarriage?  and not to sound dumb, but how do you test your cervix?  i have a very long waist and even the doctors have had difficulty doing finger tests without pushing on my belly....how would i test it myself?
i would like to no that 2 lol x
what i do is sit on the toilet and insert your middle finger as far as it can go and you should feel a bump which is your cervix.  feel around the bump and determine how it feels.  As you approach ovulation, your cervix will become soft, high, open, and wet — you can remember this with the acronym SHOW. After ovulation, these signs reverse and the cervix becomes firm, low, closed, and dry.
but mine remained as if i am about to approach ovulation again.  oh guess what my hubby went and got a digital pregnancy test and it said pregnant so i guess i am.  i am going to make an appointment on tuesday morning.  and to be honest my hubby has a low sperm count so it was very difficult. so we bedded twice a day the week of ovulation. and lord and behold it worked. i am so excited.
CONGRATS i am so excited for you....please either post or message me and let me know what you find out.  hopefully everything works out for you....hugs
thanks hopefully u will be soon
thanks but i am starting to think that my body is just playing tricks on me....everywhere i turn i get told that the stage of dpo i am at...that there is NO WAY my symptoms could be caused from a pregnancy.  well i DID just get IUD removed on the 2nd...so it could be my body going back to pre-IUD idk but it gets a lil discouraging...lol

hopefully we both have our bfp VERY SOON...

keep me posted please