8 wks pregnant...flu shot or not??
I am 8 wks pregnant and have never had the flu shot. My OB recommends I get it but honestly I don't want to. Any advice, thoughts or opinions?? Thanks!!
I don't do flu shots pregnant or not. It is a personal preference. I had to do them every year while in the military and never had good luck with them. I don't have my 2 yr old get them either. Some people swear by them but I am against them. I think you have to do what is best for you.
Ive never had a flu shot befroe but my dh gets them every year through work, he is in contact with lots of people daily.  I think if you are overly exposed to people where you would come in contact with it, might be a good idea.  I stay home so I choose not to get one.  It is supposed to be safe in pregnancy. Good luck
I've never had one and don't intend to get one now (26 weeks pregnant).  I work at a preschool-8th grade school of almost 400 students  and still choose not to get the flu shot.
My OB recommends them so I got one, but only in my second trimester.  I've always gotten them before as well and never had any problems.  When I got mine, they made sure I was out of my first trimester.  Apparently, they like you to wait until after that time.  So if you decide to get one, I would wait till them at least.  If you really don't want to, them I wouldn't.  I get everything my son comes down with so I wanted to take that precaution.
My ob told me to get one when I was pregnant.  He said that new research shows that babies whose mothers got flu shots during pregnancy were less likely to get the flu.  So immunity trasfers to the baby.
Make sure to tell the person who gives you the shot that you are pregnant since they gave me some special dosage shot.
Congrats on your pregnancy!!!!