AGP Easter Egg-A-Thon
Our ovaries are working overtime producing the highest quality eggs with minimal loss-of-product this Easter Season. The DH Sperm-finders need to step up at the Easter Egg Hunt this year and find those Golden Eggs to maximize reproduction and ensure future hunts for generations to come!
Helen:  Sorry you are feeling so down.  Believe me, I have had my ups and downs with IVF.  My first cycle was delayed by almost a year because they couldn't get my TSH into a normal range.  It is so very frustrating.  I am hoping that your cyst resolves quickly and that we can cycle together.  Keep believing -- your day will come.  I truly believe it.
Let us know if there is anything we can do to make you feel better.
~Ok Helen ~ uploaded some photos ~ don't feel comfortable doing it ~ may take them off ~ having DH's BF DEA ~ know too much of the web, etc ~ not as safe as you'd hope ~
~ BUT ~ trying to be POSITIVE~Right!!~~.....

How is your cyst..??..have you been attempting to drink V8..??..~I love it (with hot sauce & vodka of course) ~ mine didn't last long at all ~ I drank it like water daily ~ perhaps it would help..??..

All you girls have the option of IVF ~ the RE I'm CURRENTLY seeing hasn't given us that option ~ IUI or Donor eggs ~ "that's it" ~ ..........

Best of the day to all!!
Hello Ladies,  I really didn't mean to sound like I was down or depressed when I posted I felt this dream was coming to an end.  I really think I am just sort of processing the idea in my mind and apparently out loud,  to get used to it.  I know that I have a few more days of this cycle and then perhaps one more cycle after that.  But, the reality is that will be the last leg of this journey for me.  While it's not my choice, I will truly accept it and be ok with that.  

Helen, I am so sorry for what you are experiencing.  Are you at least able to have some down time to let your body heal?  No more looking for houses, and can you have TA's help with grading and other things so you can get some R & R?  Thank you for the good thoughts.  Yes, BFP could just be a day or so away.

Mary, Thank you for the encouragement.  I know you completely understand and have been there yourself.  OK.  Here we go with your new cycle.  I feel all the hope of a new day arising for you this cycle.   Onward to greet the beautiful new day that will bring a beautiful BFP.

Magda,  You may be right.    Spring break begins for me this week and I do tend to get very down this time of year because my friends are off with their families doing wonderfully fun, relaxing family things and I am home trying to fill the hrs.  Of course I am full aware that they would trade a day or two with me in a heartbeat to have time just to themselves.  But, I'm not going to give "debbie downer" thoughts any more of my time.  Just moving onward.

Dee, I miss you. Come back to us!

Heather, Hope your not on the porcelain phone again!

I plan on putting my dancing shoes on and will begin twirling soon.   Join me if you dare....(-:

Helen, I'm supposed to go see my Doctor tomorrow for a blood test and for him to tell me how much Menogan to go on so it's going to be a while yet before I know anything about follies although I really am nervous about it because he's told me straight out that he isn't interested in such high numbers.  Felt like saying... errr... well... *I* am!!!!!
However, at the end of the day, if it works, I will willingly give up my crown as follie queen!!!
And Helen,  I'm so genuinely sorry that you're not right there with me about to get those follies going but as I said at my last BFN... we may never know the reason why but there's a reason for it.  At least, I try to believe that!

Dee, where are you???

Heather, feeling any better??

Lisa, are *you* feeling any better?  I know it's a little early to ask but I hope you don't feel too down for too long.

I'm going to keep this short as took DH out for a celebratory dinner tonight.  Have spent all day on a high thinking how very lucky we've been over the last couple of weeks!  It's strange but I seem to have freaked out after the fact... almost as if I was in denial about how serious it could have been while it was happening but once I was sure we were out of the woods I let all those thoughts run freely through my head.  And OMG were they frightening!  I have a lot to be thankful for at the moment.

'night 'night all
I see you wrote 4 minutes ago. You must have read my post. would love to hear from you
Lisa, looks like I did it again... I read the posts, posted mine and didn't realise you'd posted in the meantime.  
I'm glad to hear that you honestly believe you'd be okay with it and I guess, really, it is only healthy to be able to recognise where one's limits are.  I'm just so very sorry, if it comes to this.  I don't really know what else to say except that I'm praying that you're wrong about AF or that the next try works for you... and that you DO decide to go with it.
You're very much in my thoughts and I hope that spring break isn't too tedious and that it flies by.

Jackson_A, can I ask why it is that your RE didn't give the option of IVF?  Seems strange that it's IUI or donnor eggs with no other option, no?

Sam, I didn't say anything more partly as I didn't really feel there was more to say and partly, as you said, not to make an issue of it.  I saw something that struck me as funny and I commented on it.  That's really all there was to it. Perhaps it was insensitive of me.  I will try to be more careful in future.
OK - thanks for getting back to me - and let's forget the whole thing... and carry on with the ultimate goal that we ALL have! Have a happy Easter!!
Magda ~ It was the original "DR"(if you want to CALL him that) that said no IVF ~ I will ask if this doesn't take ~ but in all actuality am giving it my all this time and HOPING DOUBLE for a go of it ~ really would prefer my OWN DNA ~ DH is disappointed he won't be using me as a pin cushion any more ~ liked playing DR and all ~ actually woke up this morning and said he was ready to give me another go if we weren't going to IUI tomorrow ~ HA!~:-) ~ like most men I guess he goes back and forth from feeling the PRESSURE to perform to actually enjoying it ~ guess the full moon's over ~ :-)~....hoping it's over for all of us and a brand new moon will bring the luck and growing love we ALL NEED~!!~ Enjoy preparing for Easter tomorrow and go out to find those GOLDEN EGGS!!
Jackson,  My RE didn't recommend IVF for me with my eggs either.  He would do it if I requested but said in his experience, and according to all the research, IVF is less successful than IUI with women over 40 using their own eggs.  It is because our eggs are older, more fragile and don't tolerate the retrieval/transfer process well.  Not to say it's impossible.  Single_Mum is 40, or 41 and her first IVF was successful.  So, every case is different.  But, statistically speaking, your odds are better with IUI if you're using your own eggs.  That's probably why your doc. didn't recommend it.

Glad to know dh is up for the challenge of taking a journey down there to capture that golden egg!

Dee, if you didn't get that new job and aren't busy working will you post another update?  

Jen, Here's to those swimmers finding the golden egg!  Tis the season!!  Hope the IUI goes well.

Mary, Your protocol sounds like a good one.  I'm glad your RE is being aggressive.  Doesn't that make you feel so much more confident when your dr. seems as invested at you do to help you get that golden egg?  

Helen, I am sending out shrinking signals to your cyst!

Magda, Yes I think we were posting at the same time.  I really am ok with whatever happens.  Not to say I don't want a baby more than anything in this world.  But, I really am ok if that's not what happens for me.  It doesn't mean I think I'll be childless forever.  It just means I'm ok with waiting a few more years, if that is what it takes to see what the future holds for me. Perhaps I will marry and then be able to adopt or finance IVF with donor eggs, who knows.  Only the future knows.  But, for now I'm just looking ahead to see what April has to bring me besides showers.  How did your b/w and celebratory dinner go?

OK ladies.  Update on me.  I'm coming out of my funk.  Yipee.  Twirl, twirl, twirl.   Feeling good about having bozo out of my life and over being broken up about it.  And AF is coming.  Not that that makes me feel good, but it helps me understand why I had such an emotional week.  Hormones....

You may ask how I know AF is coming, well my temps are down, I'm cramping, I can just feel her biting at my heels.  I did break down and POAS, BFN.  Today's 11dpo.  Please don't say you're sorry, I know that you are.  But, I'm just looking ahead now to the new cycle.  Saved the best for last I'm sure!

I know I promised a birthday chart, and it's coming.  I'll be with family today, we are celebrating Easter together a day early.  It's the only day we could all be together.  But after today I will have LOTs of time on my hands over the next week and will post that chart.  If you haven't already, please post your birthday so we can wish you all a happy birthday when the time comes.  

Lisa, I'm not about to say I'm sorry (I assume it will be assumed!) but rathet that I'm delighted that you sound so positive and, in my humble opinion, I don't think you could possibly HAVE a better attitude about it all.  I'm SO happy that you aren't thinking "never" and I sincerely hope with all my heart that this particular dream comes true for you.  
Lisa, for your birthday chart... 5 dec 71

Oh, and I didn't know that about IVF over 40!  
Jackson_A, I fully understand wanting your own DNA and I hope that IUI works for you.  Will you consider asking to do IVF if it comes to that?

Mary, I'm sorry... I must have missed something earlier with what's happening with you and I'm delighted that things seem to be going well with your doctor.  Fingers crossed that this will lead to good things for you!

Helen, when do you get to find out what the latest is with the cyst from hell???

Heather, Dee, Miky and Fiona where are you guys and how are you??  Fiona, any news??

Personally, I think I'm a bit of a mess... I think the combination of AF and the hormones being pumped into my body are taking their toll.  We had a lovely dinner last night with friends and today has been a wonderful day of buying flowers and gardening and stuff and this afternoon we had to call the doctor to figure out something about today's appointment.  i'm just a little confused as to why we're going in as he said something about needing a blood test and I don't understand why we have to go see him if all I need is a blood test.  Getting a hold of him was a nightmare in itself and then DH didn't understand what it was I wanted to know and he was the one to speak with the Dr who gave a vague answer anyway and quickly got off the phone... no biggie, right?  Unfortunately, I ended up in tears... literally!
Poor DH is hugging me and probably thinking I've finally lost it but I couldn't stop sobbing!
I finally said, "Don't ask... I have NO idea!" and went to wash my face and sort myself out.
Off to the doctor now...

Hi All!!

Saw the RE yesterday. I have 10 follies, but 6 will be mature enough (20-21) for my IUI on Mon and Tues. I'm hoping 6 will be lucky number...it worked for Heather, right? :)

Magda - I know what you mean about the hormones taking their toll. DH said to me last week, "I think these shots make you bossy." I just wanted to scream. Usually I am very even keeled and optimistic, but sometimes I lose it too. Hang in there girl. I believe (just as you do) that it all happens for a reason - even if we don't know what it is yet.

Will keep you all posted in the coming days!
Happy Easter!!
Hi Ladies.
Mary, I'm so excited for you.  Sounds like you have an aggressive plan and that's fantastic.  
Lisa, it's not over until it's over.  Hang in there, I'm praying for you.
Dee, where are you?  How's the injections going?  
Helen, are you feeling better?  
Magda, I hear you about the hormones.  You must be about to start meds right?
Heather, hope you're feeling better.  Have you tried ginger, I hear that helps.  
Jen, sounds like everything is in place for a bfp.  Good luck on mon and tues, sending you lots of ssbd.
J_A, a good friend of mine did ivf and was successful twice with her own eggs at 41 and 43.
Miky, welcome to the group.
I'm in tww, not very optimistic at all.  Taking progestrone shots, the shot itself doesn't hurt but my hips are so painful.  Had some bad news from home, my brother and his wife had a miscarriage.  I feel so bad for them.  Have an appt with new re on april 22, so i'm going to miss at least 2 cycles.  But, he's the sam RE that helped my friend (see above).  

Happy Easter to those celebrating.

Fiona

Hi Guys

OMG I just realised that I hadnt told you guys I would be travelling to see my inlaws in Albury (magda i think you or DH might know where this is). Its 3 hours each way from Melbourne. My mother in law has a broken arm so we are up here for a few days helping and cooking. I am so sorry if this isnt a long post but I will post late tomorrow and do an update list.

Other than that i am doing fine and tonight will be day 5 of injections and I cant say I am doing too well on them as I just feel really tired. Is this  a symptom? Also I am still on the spray and its giving me a hot flush as I sit here typing.

Happy Easter all.
Dee
Sun 9.30am
Hey guys--I can't post a lot b/c I am so ill, but just wanted to say I am still "here" in the spiritual sense! The next 3 or 4 weeks are going to probably be pretty rough, so please forgive me and understand if I am not posting as much. I had to switch nausea medication, as I went 3 whole days without keeping any food down at all. I probably will not even be able to celebrate Easter tomorrow. I have tried ginger tea and peppermint oil and so forth, but sorry to say none of that stuff works for me.

I wish everyone good luck and you are in my prayers. I will check in as I am able.

((HUGS))

Heather
Heather,

I know you may not be able to respond for a few days while your having a puke-fest, but please just know I am praying this is a short phase for you.  

Dee,

I'm sorry if the injections are making you tired.  I didn't have that reaction.  I actually felt pretty good while on them.  The last few months with both Clomid and the injections, I've had absolutely no PMS.  It has been wonderful!  Well, maybe a little bit of hightened emotions, but nothing like when I'm not taking hormones.  It's almost like I do better with all these hormones. Bizarre. Maybe your travels are making you tired, but could defintely be the meds. also.  Enjoy your Easter and take a nap or two!

Fifi,

It's good to hear from you.  I've been thinking about you. I am very sorry to hear about your brother and sister-in-law's miscarriage.  That is very unfortunate and I am saddened for them.  I also know the feeling of not being too optimisitic about a cycle.  But, hey you have as good a chance as any other person ttc.  This could be the cycle that works.  And if by chance it doesn't, you'll lace up those dancing shoes, get yourself the best coach in town and hit the floor with both feet a blazing.  All we can do is give it our all for this moment and time.  God takes care of the rest.  

AF came today.  Almost a week early.  I can't wait until Monday to call my RE and talk with him.  I really, really, really think Clomid works better for me than injectables.  I had 31 day cycles and produced more follies while on Clomid. This cycle was just 25 days and AF came only 11 dpo.  I can't wait to get his opinion on it and get my protocol for April.  

The ole' ex is calling a lot today.  I haven't broken down and returned any of his calls.  Though he says he doesn't want to spend Easter alone.  I'm torn between ignoring him, or letting him spend Easter with me.  I feel kind of sad for him that he's all alone on Easter.  But, then again it's his bed, he made it. Now he must lay in it, all alone, poor baby.

Happy, happy Easter to all you lovely golden egg producers!!!  May the Easter bunny bring you a basket full of baby dust, golden eggs, and massive quantities of fertilizer for those golden eggs!
happy Easter Girls!
I'm still here and all excited to be part of your group!!!
I cannot post a lot in the weekend because my DH is worried that I'm "obsessing about ttc and always on this site" ..SURE I AM! But I cannot explain to him that I could not survive without this forum..so I try not to upset him and I stay away from the computer in weekends .Now he is still sleeping ;-)

Helen-how are you feeling?
Dee- I was never tired on the meds..are you sure you are not tired because of all the work you are doing for your inlaws??YOU are the most important thing during an IVF cycle..take it easy.
Heather- I'm so sorry you are not well.Did you talk to your Dr ?they should be able to give you something for the nausea.When are you going for your U/S?

Hugs,
Miky
Im new to this forim, but since everyone is discussing Easter Egg hunts.. I think I may beat everyone.

Im having a professional look for my eggs this Easter Sunday... I have a V. Ultrasound today at 3pm at my OBGYN.   Its my last clomid cycle before injectables and I feel like ****... so hopefully the Easter bunny has brought me some lucky eggs for DH to fertilize.

Maybe if I wear bunny ears I'll get lucky with my IUI tomorrow.
Oh, most defintely wear bunny ears.  They're sure to do the trick!  Welcome to the forum!
Heather,
I am so sorry you are feeling so sick.  If you cannot keep anything down don’t be afraid to go to the ER.  It’s very important that you stay hydrated.  They can give you some iv fluids and anti-nausea meds through iv.  It was the only way I could take those drugs without throwing them all up.

Miky,
Did you get AF?  I hope it does not keep you waiting.
I totally understand the way you feel about ttc and this forum.  Men sometimes don’t get our fixation with reaching this goal.  My dh just told me that I am getting too depressed and self-destructive and how “unproductive” my crying is.  At least here people understand how I feel.

Dee,
Sorry about all of the nasty side-effects.  I hope it all pays off this cycle though.

Jen, J_A and sasparilla,
Good luck with the IUI.  I hope 2ww will go by fast for all of you and this will be your month!    

Sam,
How are you doing?  Where are you in your cycle?  Please post something about yourself.

Magda,
How was your doc. visit?    What’s the news?  I think that having fewer but higher quality eggs is a good strategy.  Recall that you only used 6 out of 30 last cycle and there were few grade 1 embryos that you could keep after the transfer.  
Ttc is such an emotional rollercoaster.  We all break down at some point.  I am glad your dh is there to help you through.

I had a bit of a rough patch but like Mary said, the world keeps turning even when you feel like it’s crashing down.  So, I have no choice but keep going.  Tomorrow I start week 5 of my b/c….
Hey Helen!
No AF yet...my new RE thinks it will not come for another 2 weeks at least since my Beta is negative only since this last Thursday...
You know what?I was so afraid of going another 8 months to lower my beta that I'm a little more relaxed now..whenever AF comes whe is welcome at this point!
The plan is to start B/C as soon as I get AF for at least a month since I will not be in the city for almost a month until May 2 and then we'll see.

You are on week 5 of BC?last time I was on the pill for so long I gained 4 pound....How are you feeling?
I think about you a lot.

Magda:My first IVF in 2007 I had 35 eggs..Only 30 fertilized and at the end I had 2 Blast and 3 to freeze.Most doctors do not like when we produce so many eggs.they think is bad for quality.I know that they want me to produce less eggs of better quality next time.
But ,like you,I fear they are going to give me not enough meds and then I will not have enough...I guess that we have to trust our RE and pray !!!

Hugs to all,
Miky
Hi Helen,

I'm very sorry you are going through a rough patch.  It happens to all of us.  But I do think you have had the most uphill struggles this past month.  Even the best of us would begin to loose steam.  Your crying is actually very productive.  It helps you release and sort out all the emotions in this journey.  I'd be more worried if you weren't having a few crying fits.  Men process things totally differently. For your dh maybe getting lost in work, or having a temper tantrum, or trying to control everything around him might be how he handles and processes his emotions (I don't know him, so I'm not making a judgement on dh, just the typical male).  But, for us, we cry.  That's just the way it is.  So, you go ahead and cry.  Tell dh Lisa said it's very productive, and I do know about these things.  (-:
Once again, you've all posted so much and I can't write much as it's late here and I desperately need sleep as my sister just arrived today and we've been up since the wee hours tidying and cooking and all sorts in anticipation of her arrival but thanks Jen and Fiona for letting me know I'm not the only one who is "hormone central"!
Helen, thanks for being so supportive!  My appointment went well and I had b/w done which I got the results for today... All they said is that my results were very good and to start the Menogan today which we have done so another 10 days or so and it'll be retrieval time.  I so wish you all the best for the next try Helen.
Miky, thank you very much for letting me know that about your first cycle... certainly make sme feel better!
Heather, hope you're feeling better.
Dee, sorry I haven't replied to your pm but my DH will kill me if I don't come to bed so I'll just say here... thanks for sending it!!!
night night all
Lisa,
Thank you so much for your words of support.  Me and dh never had a single fight and he never threw a tantrum even once but he does want me to be back to my “rational” self.  Of course, there is nothing rational about infertility so my behavior throws him off, I guess.   You are right about crying helping to deal with emotions that sort of accumulate and need an outlet.   I did throw myself a pity party once or twice but the only guest at those parties is my cat, Cuddles (I posted her pic).  I hide my struggles from everyone except people on this forum and my dh and I do try our ttc struggles not affecting other aspects of our lives.  
If clomid works best for you perhaps you should ask about upping the dose to 150 (were you taking 100mg?).   Of course clomid can thin your lining so you should be careful about that as well.  
How is your Easter weekend?  I hope you did not give in and let your ex back into your life.  He sounds like bad news.

Miky,
I do not gain weight on b/c although my bbs are definitely bigger.   I wish I had this cup size when I was in high school  :)
Unfortunately, I keep having light bleeding and AF cramping this past week that's very uncomfortable.  I think AF really wants to show but b/c keeps it out.
Helen, I hear you loud and clear... when I was feeling miserable the other day I just went and lay on the bed for a few minutes thinking DH was busy making his special pasta sauce so he would think I was sitting at my computer and that would be that.  Guess he noticed I wasn't at my computer and came looking for me.  When I tried to tell him what was wrong, I didn't really express myself very well.  Not very easy to explain exactly what's wrong really is it... I mean it's hardly as if it would make sense to say "I want a baby and I want it now and I don't want to have to do anymore of these stupid injections and I don't want to have to gain any more weight for no reason and I don't want to have to go and see that nasty doctor any more!"
So as a result of my feeble nonsensical explanation DH just said I should have told him exactly what I wanted to know from the doctor or I should have spoken to him myself.
And at that he went back to his pasta sauce and left me feeling even more miserable.
But then he came back as I was busying myself tidying clothes in my closet and he pulled me away and gave me a big hug and just held me for a while.
Later that night rather than pointing out that the last thing I had needed was for him to lay blame on me, I thanked him for coming back and giving me a hug and told him that I'd really needed it and he said "I'm learning".  
I know he doesn't really understand but I appreciate immensely that he's willing to accept that he doesn't really understand and to learn that sometimes I just need him to hold me.
The funny thing is I've started to realise that he resents me being on this web site!!!  I asked him why but he gave me an answer that didn't really say anything so I left it.  I wonder if he's jealous.  I did try to explain that I don't have any female friends here in Syria who I can talk with and that this is where I go to talk to other women.  I didn't mention that the people here understand what I'm dealing with because I think that might be one of the things that would bother him... to insinuate that he doesn't understand.
Ah well...
Chins up ladies... I know Thanksgiving is gone but lets try to think of all we have to be thankful for.
Hi Guys

I am back home - and just so happy to be back in my bed.

Helen - please know youre in my thoughts. Its been a tough few weeks for you and I just know its been so hard to get just everything possible thrown at you and get in the way of your IVF journey. I hope you take comfort in our company and know we will always be here for you.

Lisa - i am so sorry about freakin AF. When will you see your RE. I am eager to hear what they will say about you going back to clomid  and if they will up your dose.

FiFi - how are you feeling? I know you said you didnt feel optimistic but just wondering. I am so sorry to hear of your brother and sister in law. How far along were they?

Magda - thats such great news that you can start on your meds. Are you having a great time with your sister? I love my sister to bits so I hope you have so much fun with her ...and yup no worries about the PM.

Mary - looks like youre right on track! Thats such great news. I am really happy for you.

Jen - YAY!!!!!!! Wishing you the best tomorrow!!!

Heather - hugs to my cyber nephew/niece triplets.

Sam and Jackson Angel - hello!!!

Milky and Sasparilla - Welcome to the board.

Guys -  I have kinda lost control on the dates so can everyone just PM me with your dates and i will put it up. Thanks bunnies.

Dee
Mon 7pm.

Dee and Helen

yeah, I'm still here! hope you had a good easter etc... haven't posted for a while (manic easter family commitments blah blah blah!!) BUT.... my latest news is that I had my 3rd IUI last Friday morning so am back in the 2WW (so only 3 dpIUI at the moment - along time to wait yet!!). This time I didn't feel a thing (last time was really painful) and for some reason I have good vibes about this one (but then I did last time too, and look what happened!). So I'm just praying...(like we all are!)

Helen - how are you doing? I'm sorry you've been having such a tough time...as Dee says, remember we're here for you.

Dee - how are the injections going - are they getting any better? I hope so - I know they're not a bundle of laughs....Remind me what you're on (I've been on Puregon, then Menogon and then Gonal - what a cocktail, eh?! Oh, that's having tried Clomid for 3 months before going onto injectables...)....

Sam (Mon a.m.)
Hi girls ~ well, went for the two IUI's Sun/Mond~Today ~ Sunday's was REALLY weird ~ got their ~ room completely full ~ went in got the IUI and Doc said to come back Friday for BW ~ said I though I was going for a double this time ~ he said ok ~ then go to the office tomorrow for the next one ~

Ok girls ~ since you "know all" ~ is it me ~ or is it weird that I had to ask for the second IUI the second time..??..

Then today I walked in got the IUI and the nurse on my way out called me by my nickname ~ which has NEVER been said in the offices by me nor DH ~ ..??..~could she be logging on here and get it..??..~ weird ~ oh well, no punches held here ~ it's all on the line and if she is logging on ~ she is very nice along with all the others ~ ONLY have a MAJOR problem w/Dr N ~ I didn't go there for donor eggs ~ I went there for help in getting pregnant ~ not my fault.....

~so ~ what do you all think..??..AND ~ forgot to say ~ yesterday's IUI didn't even feel it ~ today ~ it hurt like HELL and then MAJOR pains in ovaries ~ saline..??..

Told DH if this doesn't take am going to take up your advice previously ~ CHANGE~
J_A,
if you are doing two IUI's the scheduling should be different.  You do 2 IUI's typically at 24 and 48 hours past trigger.  If you are doing one IUI only, you schedule it around 36 hours past trigger.  I bet the second IUI hurt because it was too late and your cervix closed after O.

Lisa,
how was your appointment today?  We are all impatient to fing out what's next for you.

Sam,
good luck this 2ww.  I bet your IUI was timed better since it did not hurt.  Glad you are feeling optimistic.  I hope it's a BFP!!!

Empty,
so nice to have you back!!!  I hope you ar feeling better.

Magda,
I really hope this is your last ivf and you'll get a strong BFP in a few weeks.  
Sending you many cyber hugs!

Heather,
you and all of your little ones are in my thoughts!
Helen,  Thanks for the note, and the call.  I always love chatting with you!!  I'll give an update in a sec.

Dee,  Oh my little Aussie.  You are just so missed when you are away.  I think you may have been out just 24 hrs, but it felt like and eternity!  Glad to have you back.  You must have about another 5 days of injections before possible IUI?

JA,  Not odd to have to ask for the second IUI.  I've always had to request one when I've wanted to have 2 in a cycle.  If it's not in the clinics typical protocol, you'll have to be your own best advocate on that one.  I've heard, and my clinic schedule them at 12 hrs post trigger and 36 hrs post trigger with 2.  But, each clinic's protocol is unique.  Again, you'll have to be your own best advocate.  But, here's to hoping you won't need any more procedures, other than labor and delivery of course.  (-:

Magda, Oh, bless dh's heart.  He really is trying isn't he?  You're stories of dh always make me go "Ohhh how sweet." when I read them.  Makes me raise the standard my ex had set!  Yes, your cyber sista's do understand in a way dh can not, though he diligently tries.  But, shhhhh...we won't tell him. It'll be our little secret.  

Jen, I'm hoping you've got a little sticky bun in the oven.

Sam, I'm hoping you too have a little sticky bun in the oven!

Sasparilla, Did you wear the bunny ears?  Oh, I'm so hoping you did, you know what they say about bunnies don't you?  Well, maybe it'll be true for you to when you put on those ears!

Fiona, What day do you have your beta?  How are you feeling?

Mary, Helen, Miky, I'm right along with you in the long wait.  My dr was on spring break, so I couldn't see am AGAIN.  Ugg.  Though I did like his associate who I saw today.  She said she saw two things that didn't look good this cycle.  First I have a good size follice still in my right ovary.  This shouldn't be there on cd 3 of AF.   Plus my estrogen levels dropped dramatically the day I had my trigger.  I am just now hearing this for the first time.  Both of these signs indicate I ovulated days before my IUI.  I did have a temp. drop and according to my bbt chart I o'ed on cd 10 or 11.  But, had my IUI on cd 14. It's all a bit confusing.  I was monitored with u/s and given a shot to stop ovulation on cd 12.  But, this may have been too late.  My prog. levels indicated I  hadn't o'ed yet, though the drop in estrogen indicated I had o'ed.  The dr. couldn't give me an answer for this discrepancy.  But, the bottom line.  She recommends I wait this cycle out.  Wait for the follice to disappear and then see my RE to set protocol for the next cycle.  I don't know yet what the protocol will be.  But, most likely will be similar to an IVF cycle with suppression, Lupron, then injectables.  It does look like I'll be out until May if not June.  That breaches my May deadline of ttc before hitting the big 43.  Guess goals are meant to be flexible.  

Heather, Oh my little Heather we miss you.  I'm sorry you are not feeling well.  I wish there was something I could do for you.  Just know I'm not twirling because I think that'll make you sick and want to throw up.  I've put my dancing shoes on the shelf and am meditating on calm and stillness to come your way.  

OK ladies.  I hope I didn't leave anybody out.  I did put together a b-day chart, but given I've written a pretty lengthy script here, I'll post it  next time.   Take care bunnies....dance and twirl as long as Heather doesn't see you or hear about it.  Spin the golden thread, lay the golden egg, and run for the golden bfp!

Lisa - excellent way to wrap up this thread!!

Here's my update...
Had IUI this morning and one more tomorrow. I have 6 GORGEOUS follies (RE's words) - all bigger than they have been in the past, with nice thick cervical lining. The RE said if this doesn't work then i definitely need IVF. Let's keep everything crossed ladies...I'm not sure my body can handle IVF. I assume my beta will be in 11-12 days but will keep you posted tomorrow when i get the date.

Fiona - sounds like changing RE's is a step in the right direction! Let us know what he/she says.

Dee - My biggest problem with the injections is the fatigue (and of course the weight gain). My RE says its a common symptom of the shots. The good news is that it will subside when the shots are over! Keep pushing through girl!

Heather - thinking of you and your posse!

Helen - I'm thinking of you...cry all you want girlfriend. Sometimes a good cry can be cathartic.

Lisa - I did great on Clomid and had barely any symptoms. The injectibles make me feel like CR  AP. Unfortunately, the higher the dose of Clomid, the thinner my lining and dryer i got! I say you do what works for you. Quality of life is so important.

Helen, fro your mouth to God's ear, as the saying goes!  I SO hope this time works.
What about you?  What's the news on the cyst?
Lisa, thank you sweetie... what you said about Dh was so sweet.  And I am SO very happy to hear you say that goals are meant to be flexible!!  And, ever thoughtful, we promise not to twirl infront of Heather!
Heather, I hope you're doing okay.  I was feeling so sick last night.  Had just taken a shower and think it might have been to hot... I came out feeling really nauseous and had to lie down and as I was lying there I thought of you and how awful it must be to feel this way all the time.  
Dee, how was Albury?  Is that the same as Albury Wodonga (not sure if I have the spelling right).  If so, Neil always talks about it as being the main big town near Beechworth.  Or have I got that wrong?  Was it the next big town from where he grew up in Orbost?  No, I think it was Beechworth.
Right, off to work with me...  Hope all are well !
Good morning to All (8.30 AM ET)!

Ita a beautiful day in NYC and the future looks bright for all of us! :-)

Jen:it sounds you are on the right track everything point to a VBFP (very big fat positive)!!
I'm so excited for you

Magda: How are you doing?When is the retrieval schedule?

Fiona:I'm changing RE also and I feel much better now that my choice is done.Even though is a smaller office (and they do not have the impressive succes rate of the other clinici which is much bigger)the RE is fantasti and I finally feel that somebody do care about ME.

Heather:I hope you'll feel better today.

Helen:last BUT not least :how are YOU?

Hugs to all,
Miky
Miky - I used to live in NYC...loved it and visit frequently! Maybe we can catch an iced tea next time i'm in town...hopefully by then we will only remember this period of ttc as a distant memory and will be talking about how fast our children are growing!! Thanks for the thoughts about the VBFP...I LOVE IT!!

2nd IUI was this morning. I'm feeling ok, but a little crampy. DH was a STAR this morning with 300 million sperm!! The RE said "you husband has one sperm for almost everyone in the country!"...made me laugh. But i was very impressed. I think I'm gonna try to find him a trophy or something! While I was super excited about his unbelievable performance, 300 million swimmers that can't seem to find their way to the treasure does me no good! Let's just hope there's at least one smarty pants in that bunch!

And the wait begins...beta scheduled for 4/7 (10am PST)!!

Hope all of you are having fab days!
Best of luck to everyone in 2ww: Jen, J_A and Sam.  You guys are like a real sorority, all on the same schedule.  I believe we'll have some BFPs coming.

Fiona, you are now in 1ww and I just hope that you'll get lucky this time.  Blowing lots of SSBD your way!!!

Empty,
how are you doing?  What's going on "down there"?  When is your u/s?  Hoping for some good news from you.  

To everyone sitting on the sidelines, Mary, Lisa, Miky and ashort,
I hope the wait is over soon for all of us!

Heather,
how are you doing?  I really-really hope you are feeling better.
((HUGS))
I think its time for a new thread, but i'm not as creative as some of you...

Easter is over...new theme ideas?
Wow!
Your DH is amazing!!! ;-)

I would love to see you in NYC one day.
We could bring our kids to the Children Museum ;-))))
I hope this IUI works for you
******SSBD******
Guys heres an updated list. Please let me know if things are incorrect.

Jackson Angel - TWW
Jen - TWW
Sam- TWW
FiFi - TWW
Sasparilla - TWW?
Lisa - waiting to see RE for next protocol
Miky72 - waiting to start b/c once A/F comes
Helen - 5th week on b/c
Dee - u/s tomorrow 27th March
Magda - on Menogan. Retrieval approx 2nd April
Heather - Perinatologist appt April 7th
Mary - u/s and bloods 6th April

Dee
Wed 9.30am
I am sooo happy you are back!
I just talked with Lisa last night about how lost we are without you.  

Good luck on your u/s tomorrow!  I'll be looking for your update.

~Out of it a bit ~ read a little ~ in a bit of pain ~ but idea for new thread ~ "Growing Tulips"..about to sprout ..??..(Follies) ~ just imagine it ~ the look the same !!~~:-))))~
xo
Great idea Jackson!  I'll work on it.  I'm VERY tired at the moment.  Had a long day of shopping at IKEA with a friend I only get to see about two or three times a year,  spring break, winter break and once during the summer.  We are both teachers and live about an hr apart so we only get to see eachother on our breaks.  She had a baby this past year.  So, it was really fun to see my little surrogate neice and spend time with the new mommy.  Anyhow, AI is on, I've got a headache and I'm exhausted.  So, unless someone else gets a rush of creativity, I'll start that new spring tulip themed thread by morning.   I thought of all of you a lot today while with the new mommy and baby.  Sprinkling baby dust to you all.   (-:

Hey guys--After a few more long and hellish days I finally have a respite.

Lisa: Sorry you have to wait this cycle out--how frustrating!!!!!!!!And thanks for being sensitive to my nausea with the twirling :-)

Helen: Crying is indeed healthy, and if you need to do it, then don't hold back. I cry when I am angry, frustrated, annoyed and many other emotions besides just sadness. It is such a release. I just hope you cheer up soon. Although I haven't been very available lately, please know how much I adore you and how you are in my thoughts always :-)

Jen, J_Angel, Sam, Sasparilla: SSBD to you all during this 2ww! I have a feeling we will see at least one BFP from ya'll!

Fiona--Anxiously waiting for your BETA results. My prayers are with you :-)

Dee--The shots made me extremely tired and fatigued as well. I'm sorry to hear they are having the same effect on you. And, thanks for posting the updated calendar. I do have an addition:first OB u/s appt.

Mary and Magda--Glad ya'll are back on board starting your protocols without delay. SSBD to you both!

I love you guys so much and miss you when I am laying here to ill to even turn on the computer :-( This will pass, I know, but just be assured I am not going anywhere!

((BIG HUGS))
Hi Guys

I have been a little busy these last few days with interviews and blood tests. As much as I would love to stay home  and not work, the reality of having the costs of meds and mortgages is a little tricky. So I am back to looking for publishing work without the travel which is a little tricky as most of these jobs require travel. I am just trying to stay true to my promise that TTC comes first this year before my career and a few of my AGP sisters will be aware of this battle I have had the past year! Anyhow the good news is things are moving along on the job front and replacing my heating and cooling will be the first thing I do with my next pay check - its a little old! It will be DHs birthday tomorrow we are going to have a lovely dinner which I am so looking forward to.

Anyhow thats been my last few days and you guys know I am thinking of you always.

Heather - you poor love. You have 3 times the morning sickness to cope with. If i were there, I would help you out. Whats the date of the OB u/s appt?

Helen - I am so glad to hear from you and thank you for your kind words. Its nice to be missed.

Lisa - I hope youre ok - you know I always think of you!

Mary &  FiFi- where are you?

Magda - I know youre with yourster and yes Albury Wodongs is the place!

I will let you guys know how I go tomorrow.

Cheers
Dee
7.45pm Wed
Jen -
did your IUI hurt? someone told me that very often the 1st IUI doesn't hurt but the 2nd one does - I don't know if there's any truth in that - only that that is EXACTLY what happened to me. IUI N°3 (last week) was absolutely fine. DH certainly deserves a trophy!!!WOW! when did you last BD? 'Cos it sounds like he's been producing and storing them for weeks! Good luck! I still have some cramping, even though my IUI was 5 days ago...

Dee -
are the "injectable-effects" getting any easier? When I was on Menogon I felt washed out..but then on Gonal, much less so...what are you on? Have a really fantastic DH's birthday - make the most of it, what with all the house/job/ttc going on!

HeathJo + Helen -
Thanks for the baby dust!! yes, let's hope this is THE month for some of us (well, for ALL of us would be perfect, but unfortunately we all know that that's being a bit too optimistic)!

J_Angel -
I love the proposed title for the new thread! :-D

happy you are back!
Your update is awesome:-)
SSBD and good luck on your U/S tomorrow!
Miky
Hi Ladies,
Dee, thanks for the update.  Good luck tomorrow this your u/s.  
Heather, glad you're feeling better.  It must be awful to feel sick all the time.
Lisa, sorry about af.  What's happening now?
Helen, how are you feeling?  What's the story with your cyst?
Madga, you're getting close to retrieval.  How are you?
J_A, Sam, Jen.  how are you coping with tww?
Mary, where are you?

TWW has been fine because I never felt I had a chance.  My beta is Monday but like I said I'm not optimistic.  I need to have my records transferred to my new RE but don't know should i wait until after beta or do it now?  I takes 2-3 weeks to transfer, my appt. is april 22.

Fiona

fifi,
My next u/s is tomorrow.  I'll give you the latest on my damn cyst.  
I would wait for your beta results before transferring the documents.  

empty,
I think it will be pretty late here but I will not rest till I read your update!!!

HeathJo,
thank you for your friendship and good wishes.  I hope that morning sickness gives you a break really soon.
Hi all ~
..just checking in ~ pain is a little less today ~ but belly has EXPLODED ~ awfully puffy ~ hadn't happened before ~ and since I don't remember 11+yrs ago with first pregnancy ~ don't know if it's from the meds or what..??..~anyone know..??..~Perhaps Heather..??..:-))**...think it took.......??????????????!!!!!!:-))))
Started a new thread, took Jackson's idea of gardening....and my own idea of the sisterhood of the traveling BFP's. See ya there!