Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
AGP International Follies Commune

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

AGP International Follies Commune

Yes we are planning in populating the world with follies.See from around the world our stars as they see who is the best follie producer and compete in the championship rounds for a BFP.
This is the funniest introduction yet!!

Magda is certainly the 30-follie champion on this thread but myself and Fiona are up to the challenge!  
Just wait till I get my hands on that Gonal-F!!!!!
:O)
LMAO Dee, you are too much! I love it!!! It's like American Idol, or Australian Idol, but AGP Follicle Idol!!! Is there a talent contest?

These IVF girls are getting their weapons (ovaries) ready, injections in hand. I can hear the popping now already :D
Well I elect Heather as Paula and Lexima as Randy. The competition is on for who will be Simon!!!
Magda should be Simon!
I nominate Lisa as AGP's next top follie model  :)

Her next u/s I think is on Wednesday and we will all pray for her success.
Amen, sista!

Lisa where are you?
ok nominations are now open and you can all now vote for your next top follie model. Votes will tallied and Paula, Simon and Randy will announce the winner in 2 weeks
(yes a TWW of another kind). Special guest will be Tyra Banks ....thats right baby girlfriend(s).

Paula says, "Everyone here looks fabulous, and are all winners!"

Tyra Banks! Dee, are you going to be Tyra?!? You go, girl!
You ladies are up and strong today!  I've been working all day, and really should be working still but decided to just quit for the day even if all the work isn't done.  I'm exhausted and have so many deadlines this week.  I need a drink.

Very funny intro. Dee!  

Well, if there is a talent contest I am afraid to tell you ladies what my talent is!   I mean just think of the possibilities.   The method and manner of judging on the other hand, could be tricky and well could be a bit of a sticky situation.  (OMG - did I just say that?)LOL.

Fiona I'm doing a follie dance for you!  I am  just so happy your last day of b/c is upon us and you'll be starting meds!!!   (dance around the room, twirl around and howl)

Let the games begin.  May the best follies win!!!!!  
We can call it the Follie Follies (hardy har har)

Lisa--OMG grody to the max, dude!!! "Sticky"--eeeeuuuuwww!!! I want to know you, but not THAT well !!!! I think we will have to use our imaginations for this little event.

I'm sorry you are so tired and overworked. I say drink now, or forever hold your pee. . .
Lisa - your libido and now this. I mean whats next. I am sorry that you are having to do so much work - i will think of you while i am out shopping for shoes this morning.
As Tyra says when you turn, hold your body straight and just turn your feet. And dont forget to SMILE.

Dee
10am Tues morning
Yes,  I think the meds have my libido on overdrive.  I hope I haven't offended anyone.  Just couldn't resist the pun.  

Dee you are a riot.  I'll try to remember to hold my body straight and just turn my feet.  I think I'll go practise that in the mirror now.

6:25 Monday eve...

You guys are too funny!! I wanna be someone too! Is there a girl and guys portion to the contest?? I thought my 7 follies was great this month, but my husband really blew me away with his count of 110 million!

I test on Saturday and am really gettin antsy. I'm 7dpIUI and don't notice anything different yet. I know its early. Im trying to keep my hopes up! Thanks for the laughs!

Jen
Good luck to you on Saturday!!  Seems like you have a great shot this month.  I hope it's a BFP!
Jen, Welcome to the club.  Of course you can be someone.  You can be Ryanna Seacrest.  Oh, or better yet you can be from the spin off show dancing with the follies.  I think I like that one better myself.  I wanna be on that show.  

Yes, welcome to AGP (Alpha Gamma Prego--the TTC sorority we invented)! We need a host, so you're stuck with us now :-)
Jen,

Can't wait to hear your good news on Saturday.  I hope you win the BFP trophy on dancing with follies.
Lisa
Dee, LOOK WHAT YOU STARTED!!!!!!!!!   Too funny.

And Lisa... no, I can't believe you said that either... eeeewwwwwww.... !!!!!!!

Heather, LOVED the Follie Follies!!  HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Okay, you lot are probably going to crucify me but funny as it all was, errrr... I'm not really an Idol fan and have no idea who you're talking about but I'm all for Lisa being AGP's next top follie model... Helen, that was classic!

So body straight and just turn the feet huh?  I'm sitting here trying to imagine and I'm thinking I'd end up looking like my feet were trying to walk away from my body while its back was turned!!!

Fiona, congrats on moving to the next step.

And Welcome Jen!
Ok so I am now back and bought 3 pairs of shoes. I think I am going to be over my luggage allowance. But one must be prepared for fame so I totally think all my purchases were warranted.

Yes what have I started!!! At least we have all had a good laugh outside our lives with injectables.

What does everyone think of Ryan Seacrest? I think hes totally hot. Am i weird?

Jen - welcome!!!!! 4 more days before you know!! Wow.
Granted I have no idea who Ryan Seacrest is but honey, I thought Tim Curry in the film version of the Rocky Horror Picture Show was totally hot and it just doesn't get any weirder than that!!!  
There's just no accounting for tastes, is there!?
Oh Magda, Tim Curry!!!  I'm seriously concerned for you now :)  Or was it his outfit that got you so hot under the collar!!!!!??  Okay, so who can I be?  Probably some poor kid that got booted in auditions.  

Welcome Jen, you're in for a fun time.

Lisa, good luck with your appointment tomorrow.  
Empty, or should I say Imelda have a safe trip back to Oz.  And yes you are weird, Ryan Seacrest!

Thanks ladies for all your support.  It really means a lot to me.  I'm very excited to start meds.  Took my last b/c this morning.  Roll on Saturday.
Fiona
Oh yay yay - thats great Fi - meds here you come. Wil you amuse us with some side effects although please leave the really sexy ones with Lisa please :)

I have my bloods on Friday and hopefully my damn progesterone has gone up, you have you meds on Sat, Jen will test on Sat and Lisa has her U/S Wednesday.

Has anyone else got anything to add for the week coming up?
Helen when will Gonal F kick in?
Heather - the date for you first baby meet (u/s)
Magda - the follie queen?
Magda & Dee--Ya'll's taste in men needs some work!!!!

Fiona--You will be the first to start nurturing your follies. The judges are watching!

My first u/s is't until March 13 (next Thursday). Do you think I should change it b/c it's on the 13th? I know that is really silly, but what would you do????
Heather, I was supposed to get married at 13:00 (1pm) on a Friday the 13th.
Did ya notice the "supposed to"???
My mother was going mental and I was insisting I was going ahead with it.
Want to know what happened?
Beirut got bombed.
Had to move the entire thing to another country... ended up planning my entire wedding all over again ('cause ya know... once just wasn't enough) in Egypt while I was in Canada... all done by email !!!!
So long as March 13 isn't a Friday and your appointment's not at 1pm, you should be okay!!! ;-)

Fiona, what can I say... ???  There was just something really sexy about him!!!!
You know?  I haven't seen it in years and now I'm dying to see it again to see if I'd still think the same or if I'd think "WHAT was I THINKIING?????"
I promise my DH is perfectly normal and would never be caught dead in heavy make-up... he prefers a light, natural look... (JUST KIDDING!!!).  Actually he's a rather rugged Aussie and I find it hysterically funny that I seem to have managed to teach him to take a little more care of himself.  I mean, he's the director of a fairly high end school... He HAS to look presentable.  So now he reminds me when I haven't filed and buffed his nails in while and we went out and bought him a facial moisturiser a while back!

Sorry Fiona, I'm really bad at keeping up with my own schedule let alone anyone else's... so now that the b/c is done, what's the next step?

Lisa, good luck tomorrow.

Dee, good luck to you on Friday too...

I have no news.  I'm on b/c for an extended period (about 30 days) just so I could go on my trip and my first shot is the day I get back... not till 12th of March.  I'm leaving for Doha, where my sister lives, tomorrow and then off to Delhi on the 8th and back on the 12th.
heather dearest- you know i love you to bits but yes thats silly. you are going to be fine. and your healthy happy baby is going to make you the happiest momma in the world (or at least till the rest of us get our BFPs!) And no i wouldnt change my appt if it was on the 13th.

So heres the chart for impt dates.

Lisa U/S - 5th March
Deepa - bloods 7th March
FiFi - med 8th March
Jen - testing 8th March
Heather - U/S 13th March
Helen?
Magda?

Ok off to bed now.......night all
11.15pm Tues
Nighty-night Dee. Thanks for making that little chart. I know Helen has retrieval April 1st, and transfer April 6th.

Magda--You are such a hoot! Turning your dh metrosexual! Wow, that sucks about your wedding. I guess I am being a little silly about the 13th. It's a Thursday. I have been fairly good about keeping my stress level down, but I guess the little things creep back up :-(

So, I will keep the appt!
Heather,
I do not think the date matters.  I hope that 13 will be your lucky number.

I am staying on b/c for another 2 weeks.  So, I will have no news for a while.  My shot lesson is on Thursday but otherwise, I am just laying low.  

Lisa,
good luck tomorrow!
To:  AGPs

Hi ladies.  I am back from my self imposed sabbatical.  Sorry for bailing on you all, I was just extremely angry at myself that I felt I would be more of a liability than an asset.  I guess I had mentally prepared myself for the fact that the IVF cycle might not be successful, but I never imagined that I would respond so poorly to the protocol.  Anyway, I felt that I needed to stand on my own two feet, and figure everything out.  I am sort of like the proverbial child who doesn't get his way and says "I am taking my ball and I am going home."  Well, enough dwelling on the past. The time has come for me to pull myself up and get on with this baby making thing.  

My RE did 2 IUIs, one on Friday and one on Saturday.  They originally told me that I would come in for a pregnancy test on Friday 3/14, but since the last IUI was on Saturday, they switched the date to Monday 3/17.  I know that means I have an extra weekend to wait, but I am hoping that the Luck of the Irish will be with me on St. Patrick’s Day.  For those of you who might not be familiar with it, St. Patrick’s Day is a huge big deal in New York.

Lisa:  Love that whole libido side effect.  Very interesting.  Hope the injectibles aren't too bad.

Helen:  Two more weeks on b/c.  I think the waiting to start the cycle is just as bad as the 2WW.  The injections are really a piece of cake.  I have a dvd that they gave me for Gonal-F (even though they gave me Follistim).  Let me know if you want it.  I don't know if you'll be taking Menopur or not, but there is an online video for that as well.  

Dee:  I love the new intro.  But, Ryan Seacrest???  You are frrightening me.  Good luck with your b/w this week

Magda: Hmm  Tim Curry.  Well, at least you didn't say Richard Obrien who played Riff Raff.  I was a huge Rocky Horror fan back in the day.

Milana:  Don't know if you are checking in or not, but if I remember correctly today is your sonogram.  Good luck.

Fiona:  Looks like you're starting your meds on Saturday.  I am excited for you

Heather:  Stick with the 13th.  It has always been a lucky number for me (I wore it on every jersey for every sport I ever played).  Hope you are feeling well

Hope everyone is well.  I think I need to go and take a nap.  Since I started that progesterone suppositories I have been so tired.  Thank you all so much for your patience and well wishes.

Mary
Oh, I am sooo happy you are back!  
As I am waiting through my b/c protocol I have been thinking about you a lot and can relate better to how you feel.  
Wishing you the best of luck through this 2ww.  
I hope StPatrick's Day brings you luck!
Welcome back Mary, we missed you.  I wish you a very Beannachtaí na Féile Pádraig!
Hey Mary!!!! After my intial sulking, I understood where you were coming from. If (GOD FORBID) something happens and this pregnancy is not viable, I would have to do the same thing and pull back because I would just be too much of a downer. I'm proud of you, and so happy to hear you had a double IUI. Is this the first time you did that? I forgot how many follies you had.

St. Paddy's Day--Blarney! Should be good luck! No green-beer drinking or jumping around at the big parade there, though :-)

You have been soooo missed. As you can see, we have resorted to using our active imaginations to entertain ourselves :-D

It's really a pleasure to be in your company again, as always.
Hey Mary

Welcome back. I hope youre not expecting to be Tyra....i dont think so girlfriend. St Pats day is big in Australia, I sure hope the luck of the Irish turns out that you get your BFP that day and cant drink to celebrate.

Lisa - I am already on Wed so your u/s is in just hours now! hugs!!!

I am obviously unemployed still and needing to vent my organisational skills on you guys as below:

Lisa U/S - 5th March
Helen - shot lesson 6th March
Deepa - bloods 7th March
FiFi - med 8th March
Jen - testing 8th March
Magda - first shot 12th March
Heather - U/S 13th March
Mary - testing 17th March
Oh Dee you are so cute! You're hired!

Shake that money maker. . .
Wow!  You are so organized!
Lexima's first u/s is tomorrow.  Although she deserted us I hope that everything will be OK.
Helen, tell us how you really feel for once. Jeez!

(LMAO)
OK, I got a call from Heather laughing hysterically.  That was not my intention.  I actually have no sense of humor so if you are ever laughing while reading my post it is unintentional.  What I wanted to say was, we all miss Milana and I keep my fingers crossed for her tomorrow.
Giving Heather a good laugh made me feel good though  :)
Sorry Helen! I get these surges of happy hormones sometimes and go a little crazy, but I haven't laughed that hard in a looooong time. It just struck as very dry and funny!

Oh God, here I go again with the giggling. . .you are giving me cramps!!!!  :-D

Seriously, though, I know you wish Milana good luck, as do we all. Maybe after her sono she will feel relieved enough to start posting here again.
I have missed you ladies today!  My, my you are busy little bees.   I've gotten a good laugh from your posts.    

Oh MARY, MARY, MARY  I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo glad you are back with us.  I really, really, really missed you. (Gosh I sound like one of my students now! )  But, it's true!!  I'm glad you love my hightened libido.  So does my ex, sometimes not ex boyfriend!  

Sorry ladies if I'm crushing the pure image you've had of me.  (right!).  A girl's got to do what a girls got to do.  (-:

Dee, thank you for making the chart.   I LOVE your organizational skills!   u/s is in about 12 hrs!!!  

Heather,  I agree with everyone about the 13th, it's only a date. BUT, if it's something that bothers you, why not reschedule for Friday the 14th.  If if eases your mind. No harm done.  

Helen, the shots are a breeze.  You'll be great at it I'm sure.  I also have a DVD for administering Follistim if you need one.  But, I'm sure they'll give you one at your lesson.

Speaking of hightened libido, I'm being beckoned.  I'll write more later.  

Mary!!!  Sooooo glad you came back and even "glader" that you're sounding better.  Good to have you back.

Lisa!  I'm speechless!  And that's takes some doing!!! Errr... so I guess if you don't write for a while... errr... it's just 'cause you had lots of marking to do.  Oh, hang on... your kids are little aren't they?  There's no marking, is there?  

Dee, you're still in Sing. yes?  When do you go back to Oz?

So, I went to my new doc yesterday just to get checked out to make sure all is ok so I can start my shots as soon as I get back.  So he tells me to go into the other room and undress and he and DH stay behind in his office and I hear him say "So, tell me a bit about your school." (The last time we went to see him he mentioned that his kids are in an arabic school because they only moved back from the UK a couple of years ago and he wanted them to improve their arabic).  
well, needless to say, it takes me all of 30 seconds to drop my pants and there I am listening to them babble on.  After a minute I yelled out "You guys can carry the conversation on in here..."
So they come in and we do the u/s and they're still talking.  The doc does take a moment out of the conversation to reassure me that although he's talking, he is paying attention and all is fine with the u/s... oh goodie.
They leave.  I dress.  I go through to the office.  And they're still on about the school.  This carry's on for another 10 minutes or so.  Then the conversation finally coms to a natural end and the next thing I know they're both standing up and shaking hands and saying goodbye and my DH is apologising for taking up so much of HIS time!!!!
I was FURIOUS!
I'm sitting there going "errr... excuse ME!  But do you think that maybe we could take just a minute more of your time to discuss ME!"
It ended up being a 15 minute conversation because he's changed the protocol and I don't like change!  I know this is really bad but I can be so inflexible and I know that the previous protocol worked because I had so many follicles and now he's changing it... WHY???  Before I used to do half of a 3mg decapeptyl (which is apparently the same as Lupron) one time, 3 days before finishing b/c and now he's getting me to do 0.1mg of the same every day starting around the same time and going on until the retrieval.
I don't know why it freaks me out that things have changed and I have to get it into my head that this guy is a different person from my last doc and I have to let him do things his way.
But I left there in a foul mood because of the way things had gone and because it was just one of those days.  I was in a perfectly good mood but I'd forgotten all about the appointment and I was just starting to get annoyed at DH for being late home from work when it's my last night before I go off on my trip when he walks in the door and says, "I guess we'd better make a move".  My plan for how the night was going to go flew out the window and that was it... I lost it.  I told you guys... I'm not good with change.  Here I was wanting to have a nice relaxed dinner and then sit down and look at DH's uni stuff (he's about to start his MEd and I'm very proud of him for doing it and I was all excited about going through it all together).  But now there would be no time to make dinner let alone do anything else!  We ended up ordering in and stayed up till midnight getting frustrated at the uni's web site.
Sorry... all very boring but I guess I needed to vent.
Right... I'd better go get packing.
Magda, so sorry about the change in protocol.  How very rude for the dr. to spend so much time on his own interest  when the appt. was about you!   I'm sure the doc. does know what he is doing and you will produce lots and lots of beautiful follies.  Since you had like 30 before, even you produced 1/2 that it'd be enough for an IVF cycle.  You're on the right path and things are going to work out for you.  

Yes, my kiddos are little, 1st and 2nd grade.  But, LOTS of marking to do.  There is so much to grading these little guys and SO many categories.  There are about 20 categories, just in math alone.  Then of course there is the reading, writing, science, social studies, character and on and on.  It's quite ridiculious really.  Of course, they like lots of little notes and smiley faces on EVERYTHING!!  Well, off to work....  
Helen - OMG sorry but i had a giggle too when you said that. It was good I only just saw the post had heather had already said what i would have said to. Thank you for your honesty. I guess I still fantasize about all of us hanging around this site till we all have our babies and things chmage for everyone. Thats why I really like Heather for still coming on here and posting as its nice to keep contact.

Lisa - yes you have shattered my pure image of you.  I did really think that you had the little kids at school, Sparky and your gourmet cusines. How wrong am I!!!!!

Magda - Yes I leave Singapore in about 16 hours and fly back with Emirates direct to Melb. Then I get to have 6 hours sleep and then have my blood test.
Oh Magda - how annoying that whole episode is - people forget how desperate we can be just to keep things moving and how we research absolutely everything that they tell us. Changing protocol does do ones head in. Also its hard for you too cos the procedures tend to be different in different countries and the drugs are all called different brand names. I do hope that this is the right move for you and your BFP is not too far away.

Guys - please say a prayer for me  - you know my protocol was in starting the nasal spray but my progestrone was way low. So I havent fulfilled my first step in the IUI process. I hope they will still start me on injectables and this cycle wont be wasted.
Is breakthrough bleeding a problem?  I am on the 2nd week of my b/c and last night I started bleeding and this morning I still have some.  I always had this problem and went through at least 5 different types of b/c before finding the brand that worked most of the time.  I'll ask my nurse tomorrow about it but can this mean I am not responding?

Magda,
sorry all of the attention is not on you.  Your doc should know better.
Have a safe and enjoyable trip!!!
Helen:  I don't think breakthrough bleeding is anything to be concerned aobut.  As you said, this "problem" is not unfamiliar to you.  My understanding of protocols that use b/c is that they do not postpone them for breakthrough bleeding while still in the b/c stage.  Ask your nurse though, because I am sure you will feel better when someone in authority tells you it's okay.

Dee:  I'll be sure to keep you in my preayers.  It is so difficult when life throws monkey wrenches into your plans.  By the way, I have no intention of being Tyra.  Mary knows when to step off!

Magda:  Sorry about all the attention being on DH.  Let's give the MD the benefit of the doubt though.  Maybe, just maybe because of the connection he made with DH, you will be much more than just "another patient" to him.

Lisa:  Can't wait to hear the results of the u/s today.  My fingers are crossed (which makes it difficult to type)

Heather:  Your response to Helen last night had me falling off my chair laughing.  I bet, I just bet that you have a somewhat dry, sarcastic sense of humor.  I only say that because I most definately do.  As such, my immediate response to Helen's post was the same as yours.  We are soooo connected sister (sorry if that scares you)
Helen, I've had breakthrough bleeding on b/c too.  It's absolutely not a problem.  My RE said it was normal.  When I had my u/s on Monday I was told everything was very quiet and the suppression had worked.  Try not to worry.  

You ladies crack me up, this stuff is better than tv!!
Hi Guys,
I wanted to give you an update on my sonogram today........ITS TWINS!!!!
I just got back from appointment I'm still in shock.  I always knew it was a possibility, but after hearing the news I couldn't stop giggling.  Both babies are about the same size, which makes me 6weeks and 3 days.  Also both babies had a heartbeat, which I'm extatic about.  DH and I are very happy.
I've received many PMs from you and I thank all of you for your support and good thoughts.
Fiona,
thanks for the info!  It makes me feel better.  

Although I am not intentionally as funny as Dee or Heather, I am glad I managed to make two people laugh hysterically.  We all need it sometimes.  I just hope that Lexima does not the same sense of humor as Mary or Heather :)
CONGRATS!!!  Have a healthy 9 months!!
Congratulations. That is fantastic news x 2
Thank You so much.  I'm still adjusting, so many thoughs going through my mind.
Lexima--HOORAY!!! Double trouble! I am so very happy for you :-) Now, you better keep posting here, as we are going to develop abandonment issues.

Helen--Sorry, you are surrounded by people with dry, sarcastic senses of humpr. The good news is that at least we have a sense of humer, eh? (Just keep telling yourself that!)

Dee--My prayers are with you for a safe trip home and a great cycle.

Mary--Yes, it does scare me that we are alike, but what scares me more is weird we both are :-D

Lisa--I hope you have gotten the bulk of your school grading done, as I know it was overwhelming you earlier this week.

Fiona--I am glad you are on track with your suppression. When do you start stimming?

Magda--Wow, how frustrating to have "the men" overtake the appt w/chit-chat and male bonding. Someone here said it may help with the overall dr/patient relationship, so that is a positive. But change amongst all the chaotic TTC process can be very stressful. I don't blame you for being fired up at all. Just try to relax now, as it is so important. Plus, you are going to see your sister!!!! Yay!!!!

I am feeling great today at exactly 6 weeks pg! A week from tomorrow is my sonogram. . . seems like forever
congrats - thats wonderful. best wishes.
Thank you everyone for your encouragement and support.  You are all such wonderful, supportive, encouraging ladies.  I look forward to reading your comments and hearing what is going on with each of you everyday.  I feel badly that I've been unable to respond to each of you individually lately.  Just know I am thinking of you and ALL of you are in my prayers.

Lexima:  Woohoooo....CONGRATULATIONS!! Please don't leave us again, like Heather said we'll develop abandonment issues.

Update on me.  u/s sort of disappointing.  Just 2 little follies.  So, I guess I'm out of the running for AGP's next top follie model.  Once grading week is over I'll be in touch with you all again!!

oh lisa that truly sucks. i hope youre ok. I am at the airport about to jump onto my flight but was wondering how you got on. I will  talk to you guys tomorrow when I am back home.
Well I had a 32mm folli with femara in my last cycle...so eseentially I beat MAGDA in the folli size race ... :) HEHE!!! no that is a diff story that it ended up being a BFN

This cycle I had a 28mm on cd12
G_S--You definitely win in the plus-size follie category!!! Are you in the 2 ww now?
Lisa:  That really blows.  I wish there was something I could say, just know that I completely understand.

Helen:  Have fun at your injection class today.  You know we are all here to answer any questions you may have.  The one thing I found out (from dh actually) is that IM injections should be done quickly and definitively rather than tentatively.  Slower is more painful.  I have heard of people practicing on oranges, just to get the feel of breaking the skin.

G_S:  Wow, do you have to shop at the plus size follie store?  More power to you girl

Dee:  One more day for b/w.  You know we're all pulling for you

Fifi:  Meds on Saturday. I am excited for you

Heather:  Just one more week! Yeah! Then we'll know how many new additions to the cyber family we'll have.

Well, I have dinner plans tonight with a bunch of people I used to work with.  At first, I was somewhat dreading it.  I still have not returned to my usual cheerful, laughing, making fun of everybody self.  I realized just now, though, that nobody who is going out tonight has children or is pregnant.  I am really relieved.  No awkward conversations, no feigning excitement, no looking at adorable baby pictures.  I guess I'll actually have some fun.  Very cool.

Peace out peeps
HeathJo - Proud to be the winner ...hehe. Yes am in my 2ww...actually just had my mid-leutal progesterone test done today. Waiting for results.

ms320 - Oh yeah!!! Beleive me these stores with super size are rare to find. BUt you do find them if you try hard enough ;)

All: SSBD to everyone
I got my meds today along with all of the paraphernalia in a huge FedEx box.  I can’t believe I will be injecting all of that into myself.  I also got my shot lesson out of the way which was a bit overwhelming with all of the different drugs and needles.  Dh came with me and of course he tried to embarrass me as much as he could.  First, he told the nurse that it’s his dream to stick long needles into my *** and then he said that he is willing to pay 10K for the pleasure.    He keeps telling me how he can hardly wait to do those IM progesterone in oil shots that come with a long thick needle to allow for the oil.  Overall, I was overwhelmed while he looked like a kid in a candy store looking at all of the different syringes and needles and winking at me.  We also did our blood tests today that are required before we start ivf.
I asked the nurse about my breakthrough bleeding and she said that it can be a problem and she will let my doc know about it but I should not worry   :)

GS,
good luck to you this cycle!!!
Also, congrats on your impressive biggest follie win  :)  You deserve a trophy!

Dee,
have a safe trip home!  Also good luck on your blood test tomorrow.  I hope you can finally start those injectables.

Mary,
thank you for your advice.  I'll pass it on to my dh although I am not sure if minimizing the pain is his goal anymore...
Helen:  That box of meds can be overwhelming, can't it.  Just remember, if they sent you any 18 guage needles, they should only be used to draw up the PIO into the syringe.  They would hurt way too much if you used them to inject yourself.  OUCH
Mary--Have fun tonight. You deserve it! I'm glad you have some "normal" friends who don't just talk about eggs, sperms, shots, babies. . .

Helen--Your dh and mine should go bowling! Chris (my dh) is always perverted about the weirdest stuff. It's never a dull moment with him! Good luck with your shots, and don't worry, once you get everything organized and do it a couple of times it won't be so bad.

I am feeling kinda yucky again. I got a bad headache last night, and woke up at 3 am and almost got very ill. I had to call and get some nausea medecine. I am also havong pretty major cramping, which worries me. I did some research and it is fairly normal, but it still makes me nervous.
Helen,

I was going to say the same thing as Mary about the injections.  When they are done quickly and deliberately they are virtually painless.  I used to train horses and had to give lots of shots for various reasons, I remembered having to give them their shots quickly so they really didn't know what hit them.  But, when I would try to give them gently and slowly, boy could I tell the difference in how the horses reacted.  So, when it came time for me to give myself the injections I did them quickly.  You'll virtually feel nothing.  

Dee,  I am soooo hoping your able to start your meds tomorrow!!!!

Jen,  I am soooo hoping to hear about your  BFP on Saturday!

Mary, It is so very good to have you back.  I understand the need to pull back when things become overwhelming.  I'm getting there myself.  I'm feeling like just giving up.   I keep thinking I am just crazy to remain holding out  hope and I REALLY should have done this years ago.  I just need to accept that my time has passed.  But, then there is something inside me that just pushes me to keep going.  I'm glad that you've gotten your spirit back and are feeling more optimistic.  

Fiona, You're done with b/c now and starting injections?

Heather,  I'm sorry you are having a hard time.  It seems this journey doesn't necessarily get easier with a BFP, the challenges of the journey just shift in a new direction.  I hope the nausea meds are working/helping.

OMG, I've had 3 people at work come up to me and ask me if I'm either having a baby or trying to have a baby!  I am soooo very upset that somehow the word got out.  I don't know how I can handle any more people asking me "How are you feeling down there?",  or, "Did you get your sperm yet?", or "Do you feel pregnant?".  One of my supervisors came to me today and told me she saw me on the phone with my dr. yesterday and felt that I was just "glowing" and so would I just trust her and confide in her that I'm having a a baby?  I COULD NOT BELIEVE THIS!!  The entire conversation was in the hallway with students and staff just passing by.  First of all,  my appt. was not a happy one, so I guess I was overcompensating at work and trying to be pleasant yesterday when she felt I was "glowing".   Then while in a meeting she began telling me about  her brother whose wife is having a baby this weekend and that she gets to go in with her during her c-section because she wants the moral support, and yadda, yadda, yadda about the joy of motherhood and babies.  I was really having a hard time hearing yet another one of these stories and I tried very hard to be positive and supportive.  Well, it must  have worked because my supervisor also said the way I lit up when she was talking about her brothers baby she just knew I was either pregnant or trying to be pregnant.      I can not express how much I do not want the entire staff to know my baby business.  This is just going to make this journey that much harder.   But, I had to come clean with her because the buzz around the building was that I have cancer, or some horrid life threatening disease because of all the dr. appts. and phone calls.

Well, I guess lots of people have worse things to deal with in life and I should just "buck up!"

OK: lightening things up.  Are you all watching AI?  Who do you think is going home?  I guess most of you know since you're time zones are all ahead of mine.  Tonights elimination night.  Sparky and I will be watching....  
HI Guys

So I had my bloods and the results are in - apparently i just ovulated. Progestrone is at 36.8 today and it was 3.8 this time last week. Is that right? It seems mighty high. I was expecting A/F in 4 days.

Back home with DH and its great!
Dee
Wow Dee,  (dancing, dancing, dancing around the room!!!)  That is a GREAT number!!  You've defintely ovulated!!!  OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I guess AF is going to be more than 4 days away.  Oh, you're back with DH....Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.       Better get to work and get that egg taken care of!   Does this mean you'll start the spray now?

(7:56pm Thurs.)
Hey Lisa

Firstly i want to say to you - that I admire you greatly. You are undertaking such a big challenge on your own and you truly are a strong woman. Whatever people say around you, know that the fact that you are here at this point was because you didnt succumb to any pressure. You made up your mind and went into this 100% heart and soul. Know you always have us to vent to whatever people say - &%$# them.

Thanks for replying so quick. The clinic is convinced i wont get my period for another week - is that right? So do my numbers indicate I have just ovulated? I know that the clinic is expecting anything above 10 on non medicated (which is me) and 15 medicated.  
Dee,
glad you got the green light!  If last week your progesterone was low and only now it went up then you most likely O'd late.  Average LP is around 14 days so you will probably not have AF for at least a week.  But there is progress and you are off to a new beginning, injectables.  

Lisa,
your supervisor has no right to know your medical problems or your personal life.  Those are private!  Sounds like she was using her position as a supervisor to elicit information from you that she had no right to know.  I am so sorry you have to go through this.  Sometimes I don't understand how people can be so insensitive but I guess unless they struggle with infertility they just don't have a clue.  I am with Dee in Lisa's fan club.  I truly admire the fact that you manage to deal with all of the problems that come your way with so much grace and courage.
Lisa--Oh honey that is soo the last thing you need right now. It's hard enough putting on a brave face when people don't know what is going on, but when they have their nose in your business it's even worse. And at work, too. Ugh. I hope this blows over and some other topic for discussion arises elsewhere. Maybe you should let people think something else is going on medically instead of TTC. You are not obligated to reveal your personal business to strangers or bosses. I'd simply say :"It's something I was exploring, but right now I am focused on another personal issue that I'd rather keep personal."

Dee--I'd say you definately ovulated, but do you know when? My progestrone was in the mid-40s last I checked, and that was super-high. I know I O'd with six follicles that time. Did you get a chance to bd during ovulation? Maybe you're doing that now (hee hee). Anyway, most women start af around 2 weeks after O, but that can be shorter or longer depending on the length of your usual cycle.

I had kind of an emotional breakdown today, as the cramping has gotten pretty bad and I started thinking the worst. All the tragic posts I have seen on this forum seemed to rise in my mind, and I keep going to the restroom looking for blood. Isn't that awful???? I thought I was doing OK with that issue, but it crept up on me. Waiting until next week for my u/s is really getting to me. I just want to know what is going on. Maybe I'll call and see if I can do it earlier. Lexima did hers at 6 weeks, 3 days, and I will be 6 weeks, 2 days tomorrow.
Hi Heather

I reckon I ovulated 4 days ago but not too sure and i wouldnt have caught the eggie as I was away from DH overseas. I did an OPK strip just in case today and no LH surge. I get to start the nasal spray tonight as per my protocol.

I totally get what you mean about the posts that have bad news in them. I know after my previous 2 failed pregnancies that I will be holding my breath for the whole 9 months. I think all of us in this journey have emotionally and physically invested so much  into TTC that our hearts just get ripped out so damn easily. But while i understand your feelings, I want you to know that you will be totally ok. You are going to hold a healthy baby/ies in your arms and be the happiest mum in the world. You are going to make it Heather.
On the U/S bit, you only know how comfortable youre going to be keeping with the original U/S date. I do read  posts where u/s has been scheduled too early and bring a whole different lot of issues. But you will need to do what eases your mind  I think.                                                      
I am so sorry about your emotional breakdown.  I do hope that you are feeling better today.  However, I think that Dee is correct in pointing out that they can see better what's going on if you wait just a little bit (not that I am an expert though!!)

Cramping in early pregnancy is very common and since your morning sickness kicked in that means that your HCG is going strong.  You know, when I first came to this forum I read a story from a poster who was very early in her pregnancy (just like you) and had so much painful cramping that she went to ER.  They checked her out and told her that her uterus was expanding to make room for triplets.  Perhaps you are expecting twins and your body is making a similar adjustment.  Just a thought...
Helen, Heather and Dee,  Thank you so much.  I feel that you are the ladies with the strength, resilience and optimisim that I greatly admire, so to have your support is just the greatest thing to me!!!  

I was very caught off guard and I do not like her knowing, or anyone else at work for that matter.  I really am not very close with her and don't know her very well which makes it even more difficult.  She's only been with our staff since January.  Anyhow, I do know I just need to roll with the punches, the cat's out of the bag and I can't change it so I might as well just get used to it.  I do work with mostly wonderful people and I know they won't be judgmental and I'm holding onto that as the bright side.

Dee, You most likely o'ed about a week ago.  It takes about 7 days for the prog. to rise after o.  But, in terms of that being a good number.  That is a GREAT number!!!

Speaking of numbers, do any of you know about E2 numbers?   The nurse told me the injectables were working based on my E2 which went up to 176 from 60.   Could that mean the quality of these eggs are better?

Well, I'm moving very slow this morning.  Feeling lethargic and tired but I better get my bu$$ in gear and get Sparky walked and head to work to finish grading.  No kiddos today!!! Yippee,   just grading, planning, organzing and filing.  I'm going out for a Margarita or a Lemon Drop after work today.  Can't wait!!!

My temps have remained high even through AF.  They haven't dropped below 98.5 in 4 weeks or more, until today.  I'm down to 97.4, so I'm a little concerened I'm ovulating.  I have a u/s tomorrow am, so I guess  it'll tell me something.  

Heather I'm sorry about the cramping.  I do know it's easy to worry with all the posts we read about m/c.  But, cramping is very normal in early pg and doesn't necessarily mean there is a problem.  Your uterus has a lot of stretching and adjusting to do to prepare for the growing fetus and this is what causes the cramping.  If you are having twins, then that would mean just more stretching and possibly more cramping as well.  You aren't having any bleeding and that is very good also.  I know it is easier said than done and even though I'm requesting it, I know you may not be able to do it, but as they say "Please do not worry".    I do hope you are able to change your appt. though just because I know the date bothered you.  If for no other reason than to NOT give yourself yet another thing to worry about, I think you should just change the day.  Even if it's onlya day earlier.  I'm sure everything is fine with you and I will be praying for you!!
I think Helen and I were posting at the same time.  I just read her post and wanted to "piggy back" on what she said about morning sickness.  I have read that early morning sickness is a sign of a strong pregnancy.  That is just one more thing leaning in your favor.  I am confident this is a strong pregnancy and you and baby(s) are just fine based on all of your early symptoms.
Thanks so much for your reassurances. I respect your opinions and know you wouldn't just say what I want to hear and blow sunshine up my butt. (Bizarre image. . .) I am going to keep my original appt. for next week.

Anyway, I am doing so much better this morning. I guess the hormones really do come in waves and surges, because when I get the cramping, flushing, sickness, even more sore bbs, etc., I get very anxious and emotional also. Having your feedback has calmed my fears immensly. Thanks cyber-homies :-)
Heather, hang in there.  I'm sure everything is fine and what you're feeling is very normal.  I'm sure you could change the appt and it will ease your mind.  

Lisa, good luck with your u/s tomorrow.  Sorry to hear about your nosy work colleagues.  I don't understand people like that, why to they feel your business is theirs?  Tell them to go f*&k themselves (excuse the language).

Dee, good luck with spray tonight. When do you start injectables?  

I'm very excited to start injectables tomorrow, yipee!!!  Have u/s and b/w on Wednesday.  

Have a great weekend ladies.

f.
Lisa:  I am sorry to hear about yur ordeal at work.  This whole TTC thing is hard enough without external pressure from people who you never confided in in the first plaace.  Whenever I hear of people doing things like this, I think back and wonder if I was ever such an idiot.  I sure hope not.

Dee:  Happy spraying.  Do injectables follow shortly?

Fiona:  It's so great that you are starting tomorrow.  Waiting to start a cycle is torturous.

Heather:  Sorry about the cramping.  I just want to echo what everyone elsse already stated.  Although I am no expert, I have heard the same complaint form virtually every pregnant friend I've ever had.  While it is uncomfortable, it is very common.  My understanding is that cramping, when not accompanied by bleeding, is nothing to worry about.  Cramping with bleeding can also be fine, but it should be checked out.  I don't think you should change your appointment, but if you are really concerned, why don't you call your RE?

Feel better.  By the way, thank you so much for using one of my all time favorite expressions: "blow sunshine up my butt"
Fiona--Thanks, hon. I am just keeping the u/s for next Thursday. I have no cramping today, and although still a little queasy and a very tired, am fine. My emotions seem to be more logical also. Good luck with injectables!!!! :-)

Mary--Thanks also for your reassurances. Your "medical" opinion counts a whole lot with me, plus your no-nonsense attitude. I really dpn't want to change the appt, as I will look like more of a nut job than I already am :-D
Anyway, thanks again--especially for not blowing sunshine up my butt. (Hee Hee)

Lisa--If you read this just know I am thinking about you. I'm sorry you have had such a stressful week. Are you doing anything relaxing this week end?
Oh, I just re-read your post, and note that you are going out for a cocktail. Enjoy it! Also, I know nothing about E2 levels, but I will see what I can find and send you a pm. ((HUGS))
Lisa, here is a useful website that provides hormone levels.  (http://www.pinelandpress.com/faq/hormonelevels.html#female).  
Fifi - how weird but i found that website yesterday when i was trying to look up my levels.

Lisa- E2 levels are a mystery to me but I do see the nurses next week and I will see what I can dig up.

So I have done my nasal spray last night and this morning. I am doing them twice daily and then I will start injectables when AF comes some time next week I gather. While the brand name is Synarel, the active ingredient is nafarelin that decreases LH and FSH so that they can take over my body pretty much on the injectables. Feel very the mouse I can tell you. I havent had any symptoms but the squirting up my nose and subsequent yuckiness down the back of my throat isnt much fun.

So in keeping with Lisa's night out, I thought I should get her to drink a few of my favourite cocktails: Long Island Teas, Mojitos, Margarita.

LETS GET LISA DRUNK!!!!!

Dates Update :

Please add anything or let me know to add :)

Lisa U/S - 5th March (done with nosy staff alert)
Helen - shot lesson 6th March (done with husband willing to pay money for the pleasure)
Deepa - bloods 7th March (spraying stuff in nose)
FiFi - med 8th March (yay - starting today)
Jen - testing 8th March (yay - Jen need an update)
Magda - first shot 12th March (whats the price your DH is willing to pay to poke you?)
Heather - U/S 13th March (healthy baby/ies)
Mary - testing 17th March (hold that pee)

10.30am Saturday
You are sooo funny!!!
Thanks for the update!  
Way to go, Dee! You are our executive project manager :-) That nose spray sounds interesting--how does it taste? Probably not good :-(.

Lisa, have a Mojito (easy on the sour, fresh mint) for me! I LOVE mojitos. . .drank them on my honeymoon cruise constantly. I guess they don't make virgin mojitos. That'd be pretty gross!
Oh, Dee you are so good with comic relief!    If only you knew getting me drunk is so very easy to do!  One drink and I'm done.  Usually, one lemon drop and I'm calling my ex boyfriend to come drive me home.  lol.    
You can add my u/s Sat. am (March 8th) also.

Heather & Fifi:
Thanks for a the info.  

I have a few loose ends to tie up at work and then I'm off for drink! Notice I didn't say drink(s) becuase then I would be under the table!!!   BUT< I must tell you virgin mojitos are very good.  At least the way I make them they are.  I made them all summer for my little guest that graces me with his presence occassionaly.  He doesn't drink alcohol so I made virgin drinks.  The mojitos were our favorites!  When I get home if I'm not so soused I'll look up the info. on E2 levels.

Mary, You are too funny.  I'll try not  to blow any smoke up your arse at any time.  (-:

Lisa-how do you make the virgin mojitos? You are starting a craving here!

Oh, and Mary doesn't mind smoke up her arse, just sunshine :-D
calling him a little guest might give him a complex Lisa - just a thought. HEEEE
Heather, LOL, that's right it's the sunshine.  It's too sweet and well....sunny for our little Mary.  Smoke is defintely more her style.  

Mojitos: 3 parts Club soda(or tonic water), 1 part lime juice (freshly squeezed lime juice maybe 2 limes).  a few teaspoons of sugar and fresh mint leaves.  Very, very refreshing!!  I prefer the tonic water, though you'll need more sugar with the tonic.  You can also add a little Rose's Lime juice with the fresh squeezed lime. If you mull a sliver of lime rind, sugar cube, and mint leaves your doing it like a true mixologist AKA bartendar. One of my many occupations before teaching.   Yum....I am starting a craving here....

can you use gin instead of bacardi for a mojito? I am a gin fanatic.
Most definitely use gin!  That would be very, very yummy!

You guys inspire me.  I am going to have a drink  :)
Helen, drink up buttercup! That is the one benefit to BFN, we can drink!

Dee, I  just saw your earlier post.  Well, he hasn't been a guest "down there" (ha ha ha) couldn't resist!  So, until such a glorious occasion he will remain my litttle guest.  lol

oh excellent! I shall make some tomorrow. seeing that there is no way in hell I am up for  a BFP this month, I might as well.

Lisa - haha as long youre ok down there thats all that matters.
Dee,  I just realized you must be thinking my little guest is my ex boyfriend.  Nope, my little guest is someone who I would like to be my current boyfriend, though we haven't added boy to the friend part to form that compound yet.  (-:
oh lisa how exciting!!!! I sure hope it all works out - just keep plying him with all your great cooking and bartending skills. I mean what else does he want! I am living vicarously through you now seeing that I am now officially infertile and unemployed. If you play that linebackwards it would a sad country song.

Dee
4.45pm Sat
Ha ha ha....Thanks for the big laugh Dee.   We were posting at the same time and I just read it.   Got a great laugh before turning in for the night.  I'm feeling ok down there, thanks for asking.  (laughing very hard right now!)  We are bad girls.    
Dee,
have you thought about a career in country music?  You definitely have the talent.
Well, my parents are coming to visit us for spring break.  This morning I am frantically cleaning and hiding all of the evidence of ttc.  My box of ivf meds is hidden in the closet, my leftover OPK's are in a shoe box, ivf consent forms are on the bottom of a drawer and I already forgot where I stashed my clomid.  All of the evidence of infertility is gone and I am getting ready to put on my happy face.  I will not be checking in very often for a while but will check on everyone's progress at night (my parents go to bed very early).

Have a great weekend!!!!
Helen
Fiona - How goes the meds?  Did you start them today?

Jen - How goes the BFP?!?!?!?!!?  Did you test today???

Mary - How goes things???

Dee/Helen: How goes the drink?  

Heather: Easy on the sour, heavy on the mint?  Have you had your v.mojito yet?  

U/S was fine today, a bit painful.  But, I guess that's just the case with me.  However this dr. is very quick.  So, even if it is painful, it doesn't last long.  2 follies growing strong.  They gave me a shot of something to take tonight to stop ovulation.  Because my temps are so erratic we want to be sure I don't o too early.  So, I've two shots to do tonight.  Go in again Sun am for another u/s and then we'll see about the trigger.  I don't know how big they are wanting the follies to be.  One is 18 x 19,  the other 15 x 17.  Looks like u/s monitoring every day from here on out.  E2 levels still rising which is a very good sign. I found out E2 helps determine how mature your eggs are.  Anything about 200 per egg means they are mature enough for ovulation.  I'm at 596 today, so I'll bet they'll have me trigger tomorrow.  That means I'll o on cd 12, much earlier than from being on Clomid.  Typically I would O on cd 16.  Guess I better get some good plans written out for morning subs this week.  

Let me know how ya'all are doin'.
Helen--Good Luck with your parents and their questions, hon. Hopefully they'll be on good behavior. And, although you are not totally thrilled about it, Happy Birthday, too :-)

Lisa--I O'd earlier on Injectable, also. Sounds like you have a couple of ripe ones there! I know you are disappointed, but try not to give up hope. Remember, Tanker Chic got pg with two follies! Did you ask them about doing 2 IUIs?
Who's gonna start a new post? We need one!
Hi Guys

So I am slowly getting used to squirting stuff up my nose. Still makes me gag though. Last night I had the biggest bowl of icecream as an excuse ...haha.

Helen - my life as a  country singer would be quote bizzare. Imagine an Indian girl singing ole country western. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Lisa - wow your estrogen levels look good then. 2 follies are good my friend. at least they are there. Dont give up yet. I have been reading up on back to back IUIs and i think its worth giving it a shot as Heather says. I havent found specific numbers on their success yet but maybe you should post that question.

Heather - do yuor parents know you are preggers?

Yup someone needs to start a new post.