AGP International House of TTCers
Yep, another detour! The Insomniac Theatre is still up an going, but now we serve coffee and pancakes for those of you worldwide who may be dropping on at the odd hour. Companionship and understanding served all day--guarenteed fresh!
Helen that's a great suggestion.  I guess I'll decide after tomorrow b/w hopefully when they call me with results they'll tell me what my next steps are, whether it's another beta or an ultrasound.

HeathJo - I was actually think to do that sort of go for one visit and then decide what to do.  I guess I'll decide for sure tomorrow.
HeathJO:  
OMG! OMG! OMG!  I am so excited that I can't stand it.  I had a feeling.  I was coming home from acupuncture and I just got a strange feeling about you. (Not to worry, I really don't spend my days thinking about you.  I'm not a stalker or anything)  It was just a weird sensation, and I thought to myself HeathJo is pregnant.  Wow.  What a thing to be right about.

Okay ladies, keep the pg express going.  

Helen:  You better tell us as soon as you retest.  I think seeing the line, colorless or not, is a great sign.  My fingers are crossed
Thank you Mary!  I am afraid of re-testing today since I am just afraid of seeing another BFN  :(

So, in addition to my hyperactivity I am really anxious and almost shaking like I am flying high on caffeine although I had no coffee today.  On top of that, now that HeathJo got her BFP I want to jump up and down!  I barely lived through my first 2 classes this morning but now after reading about HeathJo’s good news I don’t know how I can go through my last class!!!  

How are you doing?  When is your next u/s?
It's strange. I can feel your excitement and anxiety(for lack of a better word) here in NY.  I know how what you mean about being afraid of seeing a BFN.  You must be jumping out of your skin.  

I have b/w but no u/s tomorrow.  I am assuming that my u/s should be either over the weekend, or early next week.  I am lucky as I have had no side effects from the meds.  

I hope you make it through the night.  I know it will be hard.

My fingers are crossed for you and I will be sending much positive energy your way.
heather OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!! i am over the moon for you!!!! YAY YAY YAY!
thats such great news and i am so happy for you.

Thanks guys for you lovely words - it was toatally unexpected. With Out of 20, 10 lost of our jobs and the mangers were the first to go i guess. I am off to Singapore for 2 weeks tonight to visit my family ( booked it on frequent flyers!) and will be back just in time for my injectables. I will still access thje internet everyday.

Oh wow how many more BFPs will there be in the next 2 weeks !!!!!
Mary--Come on.  I just KNOW that I am the center of your and everyone's universe, constantly the source of obsession. It's cool, I'm used to it, babe. LOL
Seriously, thank you :-)

Lexima--Good luck tomorrow, and a high-risk OBGYN is a good idea if one is needed. Count on Helen to think of everything :-)

Helen--This spasticity sounds suspect--in a good way! Is your heart beating kind of fast from time to time, not like from nervousness but like you have just exercised? Mine has been doing that the last few days, and if I had decent sleep it would be making me hyper. I know what you mean about being a nervous wreck. I actually tested at home AGAIN at 12dpiui in the evening (today is 14dpiui) and got a BFN. This was after my BFN at 9dpiui. Im just saying. . .

Dee--Thanks, mate!!!! Have a drink (or few) for me in Singapore. And, truly I am sorry about the job. SOOOOO glad you are going to be with family.
Guys I'm getting a bit worried.  I haven't had any symptoms today.  Cramping is gone.  And I just realized that my bbs don't hurt as much as they did earlier today.  I don't know how I will survive till 4pm tomorrow.  Maybe I'm overreacting after seeing desperado's post and also Elizabeth250.
How is it possible to get BFN at 12 dpo if at 14 your HCG # is that high???!!!  What kind of test were you using?  Do you remember the brand?  At 12 dpo your HCG was definitely above 100!  A blind HPT test stick should have seen that much HCG in your system.  Plus, all of your symptoms were obviously caused by high levels of pregnancy hormone.  Did you test again today?  Just curious.
Lex--I know I read those posts also and they put the fear of God in me. Especially that poem. But, I am trying to enjoy MY time right now and stress is not good for the wee ones. Maybe we should both just not read posts like that right now.

Helen--I was using the free HPTs that came with my PreSeed. I got them from the same web site you do. The packages are plain and just say AIM Sticks. I will test again later and see what happens. Maybe I did it wrong.
HeathJo - I started reading the poem, but then just turned it off.  I keep telling myself that my HCG was high and there is no reason why it shouldn't keep going up.  So that's gonna be my motto tomorrow till 4pm until I find out more.
I agree with Heather Jo,  there are some posts that you should just avoid at this time.  You need to be soaking in your joy and not allow what has/is happening to others to take that joy away.  I must say that I've felt guilty lately for doing just that.  I've avoided reading some post just because I know they are going to scare and worry me and I don't want to be overly concerned over things I have no control over.  

Focus on the incredible miracle of your BFP, know you and baby are doing great and tomorrow will just confirm that!

I am out: BFN.  On the bright side I can take ibuprofen for my headache.  
Hi Helen, sorry to hear that.  I was really hoping that your colorless line will turn into BFP.
Oh Helen, I'm so very sorry.  What can I say but that?  
I wish it had turned out differently but I'm sure I'm not wishing it as much as you are.  
The only thing I can think to say is; concentrate on the next try.  I don't know if it's the same for everyone but doing that does seem to help me.  I mean, nothing helps a great deal for the first couple of days but it helps a little and I think that may be what drags me out of feeling miserable.
Saying I am sorry doesn't even come close to cutting it. . .I know this was your last step before IVF and taking on a bigger workload. As strong and logical as you are, I know this cuts deeply. Just know how much I support you, how much we all do, and hopefully take a modicom of comfort in that.
Helen, I'm really sorry.  Next time will be the charm, I'm sure of it.

Best of luck to you.  
Oh Helen.  What can I say.  I'm sorry really doesn't do it justice.  I thought for sure that the phantom line was a sign.  As HeathJo said, we are all here to support you.  We all know how strong you are, but we are here if you need anything
Thank you all for your support!  Just finished my job interview.  Will start putting together my cv and application for my second job.  Based on the info I was provided it should just barely cover my ivf meds.  

Since my 2ww is basically over I am looking forward to drinking to all of our recent BFP's!
Helen:

If I recall correctly, kindergal posted last month that she got her IVF meds from Europe at a substantial discount.  Maybe she has the name of a reputable place that you can use.
Yes, I am looking at several European and Canadian providers and they are much cheaper than what you buy here.  I hope kindergal sees my post.  The problem with those is that you have to wait a few weeks.

I'll be scheduling my shot lesson as soon as AF shows up (i.e. next week).  By then I should find my prescription drugs provider.
Lexima, any news yet??????
Just got it. 1935 went up from 852
OMG I'm so so releaved.  I don't have to do another HCG, so now I have to schedule u/s withing 1-2 weeks.

Ladies, I really have no idea who's on what meds nor how much they are in the U.S. but meds in general are cheap here in Syria so if you'd like to send me a list of the names of the meds and costs I can see if they're available here and how much.
It's just a thought.  I really don't know if these sorts of meds are cheaper here or not but in general medicine is cheaper here and I'm more than willing to check it out for you if it can possibly help ease the exorbitant costs you all have to deal with!
Congrats!!!  Enjoy your pregnancy!!
That's great Lexima.  The numbers are obviously doing very well.  Now you can relax and just enjoy!!  
Helen, I am very sorry about your BFN this month.  I know I've told you that already, but just want you to know again that I feel for you.  I know your disappointment, as we all do, and I share your pain.  

I don't know anything about the meds, but will pass anything along to you that I learn!  I know the $$ can seem daunting.  It's been more than I can take at moments.  But, I've finally just come to the conclusion that this is a necessary debt that will take some discipline for a temporary and express amount of time.  It just is a part of my life and I accept that it will be a constant feature for a period of time.  However the benefit, is that if I'm rewarded for my investment, I'll have a lifetime of joy in return.  

I know that lifetime of joy is coming your way very, very soon!!

Lexima - Your numbers!!!! Yawza!   I simply can not wait for your u/s.  You must tell your dr. that he is just asking too much to require us to wait such a length of time!

As for me, I've got some AF cramps today and some o pain in my right, and I guess my left ovary as well.  I will be taking 1/2 a day off of work again tomorrow to got to an injectable class required by my doc. in case I need to start injectables next week when AF shows up.   It looks like I'll be sharing my journey with my administrator next week should it move to injectables because it'll require me to miss work 3 times a week (partial days I think) for u/s monitoring.  

Oh by the way,  I've been in touch with Maria (vingulf) and she sends a big congratulations to Heather and Lexima.  She's dealing with some things at home right now that make it hard for her to be on this site.  So if you can remember her in your prayers I'm sure it'd be appreciated.  

Lisa
LOL - I'm just cracking up right now because dear sparky is trying so hard to get my attention.  I wish I could send you a picture of his cute little face staring in mine.   (-:

Thank you so much for your support.  False positive is so much worth than a BFN since it plays with your emotions.  I feel so stupid for hoping...

I know that we all face budgetary constraints and that infertility takes a lot of our monetary as well as time resources.  However, as I am looking around for ivf meds i discovered that you can buy many infertility drugs at reasonable prices from Canada and UK.  I know that you can afford only one cycle with injectables but some of these sites offer prices that are half of what you pay here.  I think that if you shop around you may be able to afford more than one cycle.  Just a suggestion...
*******.com may be a good place to start for comparison shopping.

I do hope your cramping means that another BFP is in the making!
Lexima--Congrats, girl. Breathe easy for a while. . .

Lisa--Happy injectables class! That should be fun--NOT :-( I know you can handle it, though. I am glad you'be been in touch with Maria--I hope she is OK. I will pray that things calm down for her.
I almost forgot, Maria sends BIG GIGANTIC HUGS as well!!

Helen, Medhelp blocked out your web address.  You can just phone me and leave it on my voice mail.  Thx!

(How soon would the meds arrive if they're mailed from another country?)  It's my impression that the injectables start at the start of your cycle which only leaves a day or two for shipping.)
ohhh Lisa so we will both be on injectables together??? YAY!!!!

I start my nasal spray next Friday and then injectables the following Friday.
I forgot that medhelp blocks the websites out.  You will typically have to wait about 3 weeks or pay extra for express shipping that defets the purpose of buying on line.  

You can find the website by googling ivfmeds (the website is www . ivfmeds . com)
Hi Guys

I have a question for all you IUIers. My doctor is starting me on a nasal spray that will mimic menopause and then i start injectables (gonal f) a week later. From what i have read it sounds like they are going in quite aggressively for me right from the beginning which is fine by me. Just any opinions will be great.

Helen - you are in my prayers.
Dee,

I have never heard of this nasal spray, but it may be an estrogen-suppressant like femara, which is what I took in additional to follistim. I have seen a lot of gonal-f success stories on here, and the combo-cycle sounds very proactive. it worked for me:-)

Best luck ole' buddy ole' pal oh my darlin' clementine. . .

(Sorry, lack of sleep is making me more LOONEY!!)
Empty,
injectables worked for so many ladies on this forum, including Lexima and Heather.  If you look at IUI success rates they are the highest when combined with injectables.  I think you are on the road to success!!!

I'll am drinking to your upcoming BFP as I am typing this message!!!!!
... and now I am drinking to Heather's second HCG test.  I hope your # is sky high!!!!
hi helen and heather - i found some info on the spray

Synarel contains an active ingredient called nafarelin. Synarel belongs to a group of medicines called pituitary hormone analogues (specifically, gonadotrophin-releasing hormones) which work by decreasing the secretion of sex hormones (such as oestrogen). It is usually prescribed by your doctor to treat a condition called endometriosis or as part of in-vitro fertilisation (IVF) programmes. When oestrogen levels are low, endometriosis tissue shrinks or may even disappear, and the symptoms of endometriosis ease. Synarel will temporarily reduce the level of oestrogen in the body, thereby temporarily relieving your endometriosis symptoms. In IVF, the low oestrogen levels and other pituitary hormones provide a more controlled situation for subsequent stimulation of the ovaries to produce eggs.

so i think its just like femara like you said heather.

helen - i guess you are me this week  on the drinking :)
I posted the results of my data collection of prescription drug prices on my other post.  Prices vary from pharmacy to pharmacy and across drugs as well.  I am not sure what injectables you will be using but I hope that the info helps you to select a reasonable provider.
Hi guys-- I have good news and bad news. The good news is that my numbers are good: up from 588 to 964 at 16dpiui. The bad news is my blood pressure is WAY up.

They come and go, but I have been having these weird sensations, as if I just worked out, or someone scared me--my heart has been thumping very hard, I have been shaking, and my ears ringing. I asked the medical assistant to take my BP, as I was wondering what the deal was. My normal BP is like 110/70. I was just sitting there, not even feeling the symptoms, and my BP was 142/94. I told the assistant this was high, and she said, "Oh, you're just nervous about your numbers." And I said, "Uh, no dude, I'm really not." Well, she kepy arguing with me about MY OWN FEELINGS and I just decided I'd talk to the nurse about it when she called.

I told the nurse, and she freaked. I am waiting to hear back about what the doctor wants me to do, but the nurse said I may need to go to the hospital and be evaluated. She said to stay in bed and not move until she called back. It's scaring me a bit. (Yeah, lady, NOW I am nervous!)

Anyway, I had to log on and tell you guys, despite the fact that I am supposed to just sit here. I have been sitting here for an hour and am about to jump out of my skin. If everything is OK, you'll hear from me again soon. If I have to go to the hospital, I don't really know when it will be. I'll let you know, and thanks in advance for your love and support. I can feel it already, and it helps, more than you could ever know.
Heather,
I am so sorry about the blood pressure.  I thought it was a typical pregnancy symptom but not this early into the pregnancy.  I hope that everything is OK with you and this is a false alarm or they will bring your blood pressure down somehow.
If they do not call you within next 10 min just call them and demand an answer!!!!
My thoughts are with you.
Heather,

First, I am glad that your beta is increasing appropriately.  As far as the high blood pressure goes, I am baffled.  As Helen mentioned, while it is common during pregnany, it is not a typical symptom at this early stage.  The hypertension would most definately explain the ringing in your ears, and the heart thumping.  Did the med assistant check your Heart Rate?  

The med assistant might have made a mistake also.  During my last work physical, the medical tech read my BP as 146/84.  I normally run 105/60, so I knew she was off.  I took it when I got home, and it was 108/64.  She was just an idiot.

Please let us know what happens.
Heather, I'm sure that whatever is causing your high blood pressure can be taken care of very easily.  Please know that we're all thinking of you and praying for you.  I wish I could do more.  
Sending you lots of love.
Fiona
Helen--yes, it's way early for that. The same thing went through my mind, which is why I aksed them to check it.

They just called, and it is my pain level that is the problem. Even though my neck is fixed, my body sometimes doesn't quite realize it, because it went undiagnosed and un-treated for so long. This caused me to develop a neurological pain disorder, whereby frequently my brain sends out pain signals ALL OVER to try and tell me I am hurt and so I will fix it. I waited TTC until I could go without any medecine for long periods of time, and have checked out what is safe and what is not. Still, I have not been taking any medecine for pain at all, even when I have flare ups, because I as trying to be a "good" mother-to-be. Even though my pain medicine is perfectly safe, I was trying to be a perfectionist about it. The weather here has been odd, and this can cause my body to hurt more at times too.

So, my RE said "chill out" and get your pain medicine filled and get it under control, as the BP is a PROBLEM, and taking the medecine is NOT a problem. Once I get my pain under control it usually stays away, but because of my history with long-term untreated pain, my body will be pretty insistent if I don't listen to it the first time. This is also why I haven't been sleeping, and that is not good either. Hopefully, my dh will be back soon and I can relax.

Well, I am signing off for a bit but thanks as always you guys, and I DO want to know what is up with you. It's not all about me! Almost, but not quite :-D
Heather:

I am glad you were diagnosed.  You are a bad patient!  You have been talking about insomnia, flushing of the face, as well as some other symptoms.  However, you never mentioned your pain.  I am angry at myself for not piecing it together as I have seen it countless times.  We've had this discussion as to how horrible the pain cycle can be.    It all makes perfect sense now.  The pain signals are being sent out by your central nervous system, and your body is reacting to cope with the pain.

Please take care of yourself (and my cyber niece/nephew to be).

I have to go in for b/w again tomorrow.  Hopefully they will give me a date for my next u/s so I can give you all an update.
Glad they found the cause for your high blood pressure.  It all makes sense although I am not a specialist like Mary.  Please take care of yourself and your little one.  Also, now that your #'s are looking good you should try to relax a little bit and take things easy for a while.  That should also help (although again, I am not a specialist).  Plan for a slow and relaxing weekend (no in-laws allowed!!  :)
Ohh Heather - i am glad youre ok. Ok now get back to bed!!!!!!

PS congrats on the numbers!
Thanks ya'll. I am feeling better--not GREAT, but better. The pg symptoms are't bad at all (yet), but they are there. Yes, Mary, I haven't been a compliant patient lately. I don't mention my pain/fatigue because I used to have to hide it all the time at work and because my family just thought it was in my head. Once I start to feel it, I kind of hole up inside, and it can get really, really bad. It is been a long time since my pain was a major issue, so I think that is why I had that panic attack recently. Also, the RE said in early pg over-active thyroid is common, and she thinks I have some of that going on as well. She said I can stop the Metformin, so maybe that will help also. What are they measuring your b/w for tomorrow? I need to be educated! I hope it goes well.

Helen, my dh already rented us movies for the whole weekend, and ordered relaxation. I feel mentally relaxed, really I do, but with this pounding heart it makes me sort of THINK I am stressed. Getting my numbers back does help, though.  Are you just waiting for AF nd then starting shots like cd5-ish?

Dee, thanks for your thoughts, and I thik I will try to get back to bed. I still am having problems resting and sitting still, but I am trying :-D
Heather,
AF is due tomorrow; I already started spotting today.  I will start my b/c on cd3 and wait for instructions from my doc.

Fiona,
where are you in your cycle?  What's going on with you?  When are you starting your new protocol?  I know you already got your ivfmeds but not sure whether you started injections.  How are you doing emotionally?  Please write about yourself.
Helen - sorry about A/F - i was having all my fingers crossed for you. lots of hugs.
Dee, Yes we can be injection buddies!  I'm excited about that!  I am also so very excited about the possibilities of this upcoming cycle.  I feel that being on injectables is just what I need to be doing to get my bfp.  Of course, there is the remote chance of it being this cycle.  Though I really have no inclination of any kind in that direction.

Helen,  Thank you for the info. on the meds.  I think I'm just going to use my local pharmacy because the dr. told me today that the way I'll be monitored, I won't know what dosage I'm taking from day to day, or possibly even what meds.  They'll be doing b/w and u/s every few days and base decisions on the next what meds to take when based on each b/w result.  So, he said it's important that I use a pharmacy that keeps the meds in stock as I'll have very little for warning.  Most likely I'll be on 125 mg. Follistim.

Heather, Oh my the road you have had to hoe!  I am just in awe at your resilence and strength.  Please take good care of yourself and don't ignore your pain.   It's there for a reason.  However, I know that pattern as I've done it myself.  Be true to your body and your senses!   Dh sure sounds very sweet.  I trust he'll take good care of you this weekend.  Boy, your numbers do look good.

Mary, Can't wait for results on your b/w tomorrow.  I hope it's good news.  I'm looking forward to that date with the u/s.  (-:

I had my visit with the RE today.  I actually saw his nurse instead of him and I really liked her! She says she's going to tell the dr. to set an aggressive protocol for me because of my age and rising FSH.  I loved her suggesting this aggressive approach!  She said if I end up having like 15 follies than there's the possibility that they'll want to turn the cycle into an IVF cycle.  But, that the decision will be ultimately up to me.  I am so excited about this up coming cycle.  Of course I know it may be mute since I'm still in 2ww.  
started a new thread