Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
AMH Levels

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

AMH Levels

Hi -

I was just told that my AMH level dropped from a 1.2 to a .4 in a matter of 6 months.  I am 36.  My husband and I were considering IVF, but I am not sure we should even try at this point....thoughts?
Women with higher AMH values will tend to have better response to ovarian stimulation for IVF and have more eggs retrieved. In general, having more eggs with IVF gives a higher success rate. There isn’t a lot  of data yet on what to tell couples going through IVF about their AMH results and chances for conception. AMH levels probably do not reflect egg quality, but having more eggs at egg retrieval gives us more to work with - so we are more likely to have at least one high quality embryo available for transfer back to the female uterus.

Has your doc talked about a Inhibin B testing? If you have already had other tests, you may ask about finding out more about this test. The Day 3 test can help to determine the quality and quantity of your ovarian reserve. Ovarian reserve often plays a dominant role in determining whether a not a couple will conceive.

Hope this helps, I know when it comes to bloodwork alot of things are technical. I hope the information helps! SSBD!
mine was .3 and i got my BFP after 2nd ivf 6 weeks ago!fsh was 7...good luck!
Thanks a lot for your responses!  My levels seem to be detoriating since my last test in January.  My FSH went from a 9 to a 10. My AMH went from a 1.2 to a .4.  My BAFC went from a 15 to 11.  RainLos7, I am not sure I have taken the Inhibin B test??  I know I have had my blood drawn on day 3, so not sure.   And, not real sure about this whole IVF thing!  I would pay lots of money if I knew one day I would have a baby, but scared to death of paying all the $$$ and ending up with nothing....guess that is the chance women take every day :).

Good luck kahlua141!!!!  

My AMH was .07, I didnt do IVF, I did meds with TI and I am now 7w1d pg.  I am also 36.  When we first started all this, my FSH levels were 9,11, then 10.4.  I had endometriosis and I dont know if this had anything to do with it but after I had it and a polyp removed, my fsh dropped to 5.5.  I also took vitamin e, fish oil, prenatal, b6. b12, folic acid, calcium, vitamin D.(wow now that i read that sounds like a lot, lol) Anyway, good luck to you.
I am sure that you have already had a consult with an RE or Fertility Specialist. They would do a series of test to check all of your hormone levels, and to check your tubes to make sure they are not clogged. There are tones of good resources  on the internet about all different types of options that women have when they are uncertain about Fertility questions and procedures. But at the same token, I would always advise you to speak with your doctor so they can best advise you, as everyone’s body is different, and hormone/bloodwork is different.