Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
ARGC verses CRGH
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

ARGC verses CRGH

Hi everybody.  

I have had two NHS funded IVF cycles, and both unsuccessful.  I am currently researching clinics in London for my first private treatment.  I have been on the hfea website and seen success rates etc and will go and visit them as well.  But was wondering if anyone has any insights about two clinics with high success rates - ARGC (Upper Wimploe St) and CRGH in association with University hospital.

I am in the 35-37 age range.  If you have any other info about other clinics I would like to know as well.  Many thanks, Karen
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi Karen,

My husband and I have just been through an IVF cycle at CRGH which unfortunately was not successful.  I am 33 years old.

Throughout the course of the treatment I wasn't too impressed with the level of service we got from CRGH as they seemed to put us on a course of treatment for one size fits all.  It was only when I didn't respond as well as they hoped to the drugs that they decided to increase my dosage.  I think this was too little too late as I didn't produce enough eggs to fertilise, however they still went ahead with the treatment.  We felt like we were rushed into going through the cycle rather than wait another month to see if I could produce more eggs.

I realise that other people have had very good, successful experiences with CRGH, and this is just my opinion.

We are also now looking what to do next.  We are either looking into CRM London or ARGC.  I have been to CRM London for a consultation and they seem very pleasant.  The difference between CRM and CRGH is that CRM don't seem to monitor you as closely (i.e. they don't take blood tests every day/every other day like CRGH).  Instead they take scans every 3-4 days.  Whether this is a good or a bad thing I don't know.

Wishing you all the best
Blank
1311435_tn?1273677378
Hi Karen,

I'm at the CRGH clinic and very happy so far. The staff is friendy, and helpful. It's a bit pricey tho but had the drugs prescribe by my GP, luckily! ;)
Just had my egg collection so still have some time to find out how i succeed. I definitely recommend this clinic.

Good luck!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank