Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Abnormal periods, is the only answer BC?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I have always had abnormal periods, with the possibility that I have PCOS and the doctor has always just said that I should take birth control pills to regulate it. They do work very well however, I am married now and would like to start trying to get pregnant sometime soon but while on BC I don't even have the option of it happening. I am wondering if there are other options than BC that could allow me to still get pregnant. My periods aren't just abnormal, my last one lasted for a month and a half, and VERY heavy. Please help!

Red raspberry leaf and vitex berry are two great herbs that regulate hormones in the female body and cause cycles to become more regular. Because they work with your own hormones,opposed to adding synthetic ones, they can take a few months to work. However, they are effective and definitely worth a try!
Yeah quit taking birth control
Maybe you should get a laporoscopy done to see if you have cysts? If you do they can remove them. I had cysts removed and for pregnant in like 5 months!! :)
If I quit taking BC then my period will NOT stop. Which means I will NOT ovulate.