Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Acupuncture

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Acupuncture

I just want to know if anyone has tried acupuncture to help get a bfp when doing IUI??  Did it help?  Any information would be appreciated, thanks!!
I did it with IVF and got pregnant.
How early before your transfer did you start with the accupuncture?
How soon should I start?? Hubby & I are having our first meeting with an RE on the 26th & 27th..I am so nervous!! I am thinking our first shout at iui..if we can do IUI, will be in march..maybe, so when should I start?
I didn't do acupuncture with IUI but I did with Ivf. I had a failed fresh cycle, 2 frozen transfers both ending in mc (one at 12 weeks one at 6 weeks) I then started to see a psychologist (to clear my head) and an accupuncturist about 2 months before my transfer (another fet) and got another bfp that resulted in my precious little miracle (who turned 7 months yesterday). I believed it made all the difference (if anything it was so relaxing)
Sorry, I didn't see your response.  2 months before transfer also.  But you don't have to wait so long, you could start as soon as you start with an RE.  It's all good.
Thanks so much!!  
I am going to do a few rounds of acupuncture before my IVF and I will do some acupuncture on the transfer day too.. it can only help, not hurt.
Hey there,

After 2 unsuccessful IVF my RE recommended me to do Acupuncture..It's been 2 months since I have started and believe me I feel the difference..I feel more energetic & relaxed..Hopefully I will start my 3rd IVF in Jan-Feb so, hoping it will work this time.. Good luck!!!  
Thanks so much for all the great replies ladies, I really think I will look into it, I need all the help I can get..lol I hope my insurance will cover some of it.  Good luck to all still hoping for a BFP, and congrats to those who got theirs!
I've been doing acupuncture for a month now and had an IUI last week. The acupuncturist did recommend I do it twice a week before the IUI and at least for two weeks before I started the Chlomid. The acupuncture works on so many levels- it helps blood flow to the mid section and also clears the channels in the body to be more open to receiving the benefits of any medication. I don't know if it worked this round but I suggest acupuncture to everyone. It does amazing things for the body! I also read about studies that were done and it has been noted that women who did acupuncture and ivf had an increased percentage of pregnancy. Good Luck!!