Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Acupuncture and fertility

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

Acupuncture and fertility

Hi all! I am just now returning after having a miscarriage in June. AF has finally come back and we are ready to start trying again.  We did quite a few months of treatment with drugs and IUIs and it was all so exhausting and expensive that I'm thinking about changing our strategy and wondered if anyone could help.  I wanted to know about anyone's thoughts or experience with holistic treatments (i.e. acupuncture and supplements). I would really appreciate anyone's advice. Thanks in advance and BBD to all!
Hi there!  I started acupuncture after our first attempt of IVF was cancelled (I was over-suppressed and only produced 2 follicles).  After talking to some other women and doing some research, I decided to do acupuncture to enhance my chances of IVF success.  I've been seeing my acupunturist weekly since June 7th and started taking Chinese herbs on June 30th.  I'm scheduled to start Ganirelix, Menopur and Bravelle in a few weeks.  

You're right... the months of treatment and drugs is exhausting, not to mention expensive.  But I hope and pray the acupuncture and herbs bring us a BFP :)

SSBD to you!
I have been trying acupuncture since a month now...not sure how much its helping but I definitely feel very relaxed after every session : ) and it feels good after going through the whole stress of this process.

good luck and baby dust to you!!
I used acupuncture in conjunction with IVF.  It worked the first time, (or the IVF did -- impossible to separate them since I did them together).  It didn't change the miscarriage the second time.  If you are thinking of using acupuncture and herbs instead of (rather than along with) anything else, the practitioner should be able to tell you how much acupuncture can do.